Are men wired to cheat...?

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Oh brother. No matter what excuses and cop-outs men or women drag out of their *kitten* to condone cheating, no one is wired to cheat. Being an *kitten* is a choice, whether cheaters want to grow up and admit that or not.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    All animals that have two sexes are 'wired' to cheat - females, who invest more heavily in each gamete, need to spread their risk of choosing a dud mate, and males, who have cheap and plentiful gametes, are driven to get them into as many females as possible.

So yes, men, being animals, are 'wired' to cheat, but so are females.

If you want to argue about how much control our social constructs as humans have over that wiring, that's a WHOLE different argument. Are we more that just our wiring? Most people think (and therefore act) so.

But at the pure 'wiring' level, speaking as basic biological drivers, that would be a yes.

Best answer! We are animals, and most animals are not meant to be exclusive, unless you're a penguin...
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    i think 98% of men cheat...soo i understand this..or perhaps ive had bad experiences? idk lol

I'd love to see your reference study for this statistic.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    All animals that have two sexes are 'wired' to cheat - females, who invest more heavily in each gamete, need to spread their risk of choosing a dud mate, and males, who have cheap and plentiful gametes, are driven to get them into as many females as possible.

So yes, men, being animals, are 'wired' to cheat, but so are females.

If you want to argue about how much control our social constructs as humans have over that wiring, that's a WHOLE different argument. Are we more that just our wiring? Most people think (and therefore act) so.

But at the pure 'wiring' level, speaking as basic biological drivers, that would be a yes.

Best answer! We are animals, and most animals are not meant to be exclusive, unless you're a penguin...

Men are wired to impregnate lots of women.

Women are wired to be pregnant and raise baby.

Therefore, if said woman is pregnant - no desire to sex others.

If man impregnates woman, time to find next one.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    or i said...maybe ive had bad experiences ? riggghhhttttt
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    No. I work with all men. 90% are faithful. 10% are the ones all the girls like. Go figure.
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member

Alas, penguins shag around too. Birds are a great example for the 'wiring and tradeoff' arguments, since male and female almost always HAVE to co-rear, but there's still plenty of on-the-side 'bet-hedging'.

There is a whole research area on it, called 'extra-pair copulations'.

Google away!
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Not all men do. People do. Maybe you just had bad luck? Maybe the kinds of guys you attract? I personally don't see why anyone would cheat on you. Of course, I am basing this on pics. :-p
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    I thought men were wired to beat us over the head with clubs and commence rape.

Who knew? :noway:

I'm wired to get back in the kitchen now.

Whatever "men" you're hanging out with that use this excuse.. You should probably just not hang out with them. I think the human race is a little more advanced than that.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    I don't beleive people are meant to be with just one person for life! Just my opinion.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member

Whatever "men" you're hanging out with that use this excuse.. You should probably just not hang out with them. I think the human race is a little more advanced than that.

You got my sammich ready yet?
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    HELLS TO THE NO!!! And I am sick of them using this excuse! If men are wired to cheat....then we (women) should be wired to WOOP THIER A** when they get caught!

heck yeah! :)
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member

You got my sammich ready yet?

Is that a serious question? That *kitten* was ready before you even knew you wanted one.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    i think 98% of men cheat...soo i understand this..or perhaps ive had bad experiences? idk lol

you need better taste in men
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member

If man impregnates woman, time to find next one.

Only if his total reproductive payoff is higher. If he does better by providing all his resources to ensure one healthy offspring, then by splitting his resources to raise two dodgy ones, he's better to stick around. If he can get a second one pregnant with no need to provision any resources, he's in a no-lose situation. Many, many studies measure these cost/benefit tradeoffs in animals, and it's fascinating.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    only if their brain is from the stone age
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 647 Member
    No one is 'wired' to cheat! Male or female! You can't think that someone is going to do the same thing someone else did, just because they are the same gender - that is ridiculously ignorant!
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    No more than women are wired to nag.

HAHA! This ^^^^^

Also Canadian geese and bald eagles. Mate for life. But then again, us Canadians are too polite to cheat.....:bigsmile:
  • peachhunting
    peachhunting Posts: 59 Member
    Men aren't wired to cheat. BUT we are wired differently than women. I don't care if my wife is mad at me, or I'm mad at her, Iwould still nail her anywhere, anytime, anyhow.....so when a man is rejected, it pushes him elsewhere - for sex I'm talking, not love.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Noone is wired to cheat, some people are just unwilling to put in the effort to keep themselves in check - that applies to men and women equally.