Are men wired to cheat...?

Options

Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I came to the conclusion that OP gets with phaggot guys, your taste in men is disgustingly bad

wait what?
  • skinnyjean4me
    skinnyjean4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and never ever have I physically cheated. I have flirted and still do to this day. Wife still gets ticked off at me from time to time

LOL Funny that you do it on purpose like my hubby

My hubby flirts openly in front of me all the time. then as i walk past says baby they were flirting with me. i am secure enough in our relationship and myself to tell the woman or group of women that they don't want him it took me 10 years to housebreak him, hes too old to start again. Hubby just laughs.:laugh: Neither of us have ever cheated and we don't have the desire to. I think that some women and men are preprogrammed to cheat based on their confidence levels in themselves and their relationships. I have a Golden Rule: You can't make him/her stay if they don't want to. If they cheat kick *kitten* and kick them out!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Actually as a human being we are wired to pro-create.... so ... in a way we are all wired to have multiple partners and monogomy is not something natural - we as human have chose to make it as such.

well put :D
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I know more faithful men than women.... I need better friends!

This!!!
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    it's a character flaw. nothing to do with gender.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    **bangs head on the desk**

^^ This
  • CayleyRidgeRunner
    CayleyRidgeRunner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just want to clarify... I've been happily married for 10 years. No cheating on either sides thankfully. A family member is going through this and he's giving this excuse and I've met others who have too. I just wanted people's genuine thoughts/answers.

I feel that he is copping out and not owning his choice to cheat. If I'm wired to cheat, then I should be able to argue that I'm wired to kill when angered, too. The only thing I am wired to do is make a choice. Just remember, where you invest your love is where you invest your life. Sounds to me as if this guy has chosen his "life".
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I don't buy that. I think some PEOPLE may be 'wired to cheat' but don't think its gender specific at all....
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    **bangs head on the desk**

Ditto.

Some people can commit and some people can. Not just Men or Women. I have had several friends who are ladies that I saw not only cheat on their s/o but treat them like utter crap. (needless to say I am no longer friends with them.) It goes both ways. It is an excuse.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Never heard that one, actually...men are no more wired to cheat than women....depends on the person, not the gender

Agreed.
  • TonkaDanteFriend
    TonkaDanteFriend Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Most women don't know this, but we actually get physically led around by our genitals. It's a force similar to magnetization, it's not our choice.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My husband is not wired to cheat. Anyone else, I don't care, lol.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    "People" are wired to propagate genetic survival through intercourse. Fidelity is a moral code that requires discipline.

I'm not sure "but baby, I just need to survive" would pass the BS test though....
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    No. This is the laziest excuse I've ever heard for cheating. You aren't "wired" to do anything. Sure, maybe we have basic impulses. I mean, as humans we're wired to seek out food high in fat, carbs, and sugar. Does that mean we have no control over what we eat though? No. Saying you cheated because that's how you're "wired" just says you're on the same level as a caveman, since you clearly can't control your caveman impulses.

Monogamy may not be the natural order of things, and it may not be everyone's thing, WHICH IS FINE, but if you're going to get into a monogamous relationship, you owe it to your partner to be mature enough to keep it in your pants.
  • Hayleighs_mom
    Options
    Sadly, there are just as many cheating women than there are men. I dated multiple guys that cheated on me. Then about 4 years ago who is the love of my life and hes my one and only <3 He's never cheated on me, nor have I ever cheated on him.
  • CayleyRidgeRunner
    CayleyRidgeRunner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and never ever have I physically cheated. I have flirted and still do to this day. Wife still gets ticked off at me from time to time

My hubby flirts openly in front of me all the time. then as i walk past says baby they were flirting with me. i am secure enough in our relationship and myself to tell the woman or group of women that they don't want him it took me 10 years to housebreak him, hes too old to start again. Hubby just laughs. I think that some women and men are preprogrammed to cheat based on their confidence levels in themselves and their relationships. I have a Golden Rule: You can't make him/her stay if they don't want to. If they cheat kick *kitten* and kick them out!

Damn straight. You pretty much nailed my situation with my former wife. She flirted ALL the time in front of me and it got worse and worse until one day I discovered her cheating...then one day she discovered all of her **** in our drive way just after I served her with papers.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    My first hubby couldn't keep his eyes off other girls, and wound up sleeping with a woman the same age as his mom just before we were supposed to get married so Im going to go with "yes" HOWEVER my current hubby likes looking but he enjoys me way too much for any other lady :D Im so lucky! So no, I dont think men are "wired" to cheat. I think theyve just told themselves that consequences are worth the fun. Women do just as much flirting and cheating, men just get hung out for it more frequently.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I knew married guys who would do a different chick in every port.
    I also knew married women that would date entire destroyer crews while their man was at sea.

Whoring knows no boundaries.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    evolution says yes... to keep their gene pool going...

but no... there are plenty of men who would never dream of cheating...
    x
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No, lots of men don't cheat, and there are women who do cheat.