Ladies, when you're at the gym...

Options

Replies

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I don't wear much make up anyways, but I actually think I look kind of sexy when I'm sweaty and flushed from working out (if I should say so myself, and really for no one else but myself)!

I actually worry more that people are staring at me because I'm stinky!
  • ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Not a woman.

But I used to workout with my roommate, and always got self conscious at the gym. He would always tell me:

"You go to the gym so you can pick up women, but you NEVER go to the gym to pick up women."

I've also never seen a woman at the gym and been like, "Eww, she's gross." It's generally accepted that people are there to work out, and are going to sweat and get red.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't really care what I look like at the gym. I'm there to get sweaty and burn calories.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Unless I just got off work. I don't look pretty. Nor do I really care. It's the gym, not a club :)
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I feel hot as *kitten* when i'm at the gym
    I usually wear my makeup and hair down to lift (headaches from ponytail)
    I look strong at the gym! Love it :D
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You go to the gym to work..not look pretty :wink:
    This. Those girls on the elliptical, with make up on and not breaking a sweat? Yeah, that's not helping them all that much.

I agree..you go to work out..but I dont agree with the whole sweating bit..I dont sweat..I get a little moist..but I dont sweat..never have..I dont think I ever will. So you cant gauge how hard someone is working out by the amount of sweat..Heck some people sweat changing their minds
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    You go to the gym to work..not look pretty :wink:
    This. Those girls on the elliptical, with make up on and not breaking a sweat? Yeah, that's not helping them all that much.
    you don't know that. even a slow walk burns calories. anyways, sometimes I do feel ugly at the gym and it makes me self-conscious and enjoy being there less. It's mostly when my hair looks terrible or all of my nice workout clothes need to be washed, make up doesn't bother me as much.
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Meh, it bugs me for about a second then I get to working out. I don't mind not wearing makeup as much as I hate the way my hair looks in a ponytail lol I'm always looking for cute updos for the gym. However I'm the first to roll my eyes at those girls with their hair down using the ellipticals- seriously who works out with their hair down?!
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I enter in Beast Mode and then leave accordingly. It would be a waste of my time to walk in feeling less than awesome, because I would be too worried about others and not focused on my workout.

Here is what I think when I see people at the gym.

Fit person: "Wow, I want to be like you one day"
    No-so-fit-person: "Good for you for taking care of your health"

The end.
    ^^ This. Also, Awesome!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Ah man, your gym-time's been ruined!

Unsubscribe from that guy's feed. Even if he's cute, he's a douche if he wanted to add you, but won't actually talk to you. (Bc yes he thinks you're hot, but no he won't bother to get to know you, he thinks you'll fall over yourself looking at his biceps = head games + bad time. If you were cool with just messing around, you wouldn't be all torn up about this, you'd just go for whatever [which is fine, no judgement, but prob not fine for everyone].)

& go at a different time. Wear a do-rag, NO makeup & sweat pants and those old guys will leave you alone to work.

Also: best gym I ever went to = boxing gym that tolerated non-boxers for the $. All business there.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    AHA - it's about a guy! :-P

LOL of course. i catch him staring sometimes. pretty uncomfortable!

He is probably staring because he thinks you are hot, make-up or not.:wink:
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Once I have my Ipod on while working out, I feel like I'm the only person at the gym. Just sweat it up and tune 'em out.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I actually think the women with a pound of make up, a push up bra, a boob shirt & the shortest shorts possible look absolutely ridiculous at the gym.
  • BRenkwell
    BRenkwell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely self conscious, EXTREMELY. However, at the gym, unless my gut is showing because my shirt is too short or my shorts or riding up in between my legs I give none f*cks. The gym is really the only place I feel this way though. I'm there for the purpose of looking a mess when I leave. I'm also normally there when no one else is, or it's the men who are reeeeeeeeally interested in the weights and not the tall blonde on the treadmill anyway.
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The Gym I go to has no bimbo no meat head rule..... Pretty much everyone there is there to get down and dirty. Don't be self conscious DO YOUR THANG!
  • Glamrock82
    Glamrock82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't care. I go to the gym looking awful. I leave the gym looking worse than when I arrived. But I feel FABULOUS afterwards.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the hottest girls at the gym are the ones that are there sweating, hair in a ponytail, no make up, and pushing themselves hard whether it is lifting weights or on the elliptical.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This is going to turn into one of those "makeup at the gym" threads.

Just so everyone knows where this is inevitably heading.

*leaves quietly*
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    The Gym I go to has no bimbo no meat head rule..... Pretty much everyone there is there to get down and dirty. Don't be self conscious DO YOUR THANG!
    I like that rule.\
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup when I go to the gym, but ONLY because I go there right after work. By the time I'm done, its halfway down my face and I'm a sweaty mess. I go to workout, not look pretty.