Ladies, when you're at the gym...

Options

Replies

• wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Meh, it bugs me for about a second then I get to working out. I don't mind not wearing makeup as much as I hate the way my hair looks in a ponytail lol I'm always looking for cute updos for the gym. However I'm the first to roll my eyes at those girls with their hair down using the ellipticals- seriously who works out with their hair down?!

haha, I've worn my hair down on the elliptical and treadmill.. my hair is heavy and sometimes it feels good to let it down for a bit. I usually end up wrapping it or putting it back up after a few because I get super hot on my back and neck..
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to workout. Seriously, I could care less what anyone else thinks about how I look at the gym.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I agree with not going to the gym to look pretty... But I can't help but admire the girl wearing *just* a work out bra and booty shorts showing off her lean body. I know I don't look bad either, but it is hard not to compare sometimes. I get over it in a matter of seconds and focus on myself and my routine... Because if I kick *kitten* at the gym, one day that girl will be me ;)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one noticing the contradiction here? You have some people saying that "the gym is a place to workout, no one is paying attention to how you look and it really doesn't matter" and then at the same time theres a lot of bashing and assumptions being made about girls who want to look nice while exercising.

there's no right or wrong way to go to the gym. if a girl has a full face of makeup or no make up, it doesn't qualify anyone to make assumptions about her. no one knows every persons goals and motivations for being at the gym and I just don't get why some people get so bothered by other girls working out in make up or not sweating!
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I enter in Beast Mode and then leave accordingly. It would be a waste of my time to walk in feeling less than awesome, because I would be too worried about others and not focused on my workout.

Here is what I think when I see people at the gym.

Fit person: "Wow, I want to be like you one day"
    No-so-fit-person: "Good for you for taking care of your health"

The end.
    AWESOME
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I look a god awful hot mess at the gym. But that feels just as good as dressed to the nines for a concert, if im honest with myself - but not til Im walking out sweaty and smiling.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I know i look like crap at the gym. I am not there to impress anyone but myself with my awesomeness of upping my weight on my lifts and feeling inside like I'm really pushing my hardest and giving it my all. If someone wants to stare at my sweaty *kitten*, armpits and my bangs matted to my sweat-ridden forehead, that is their issue, not mine. I'd rather look good naked in bed with my husband than at the gym.
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    I am a quiet focused girl when I hit the gym, I tend not to worry about what anyone thinks I look like. Now that being said, I used to have a big time gym phobia about working out around other people because of how I percieved myself.
  • angelmma
    angelmma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those girls that be at the Gym with makeup on, but I DO sweat alot I don't believe Ive worked out properly until I'm drenched in sweat, my make up runs and I look like crap at the end but I'm insecure and couldn't go to the gym without wearing makeup I wish I could :( haha
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym before work (I'm there at 5am) so I go without makeup-it doesn't bother me cause I'm there to work out not to look good or impress anyone. If I go after work, I'll wash my face at the gym so I get my makeup off cause I know I'm going to sweat and I hate the feel of sweat and makeup mixing. So yeah, I'm one of those girls that just doesn't care

^^^^ Same. One time I forgot to wash my face after work I caught myself in one of the mirrors.... Half of my face was all peachy from makeup and the other was all smeared and gross looking. Now I ALWAYS make sure to take a wash cloth with me if I'm going to the gym after work.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Well. Yes. But I'm also working out, so theres a rats .*kitten*. I don't give about that. If I'm not sweating and gross, I'm not doing it right.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Not sure why I'm supposed to care how I look at the gym.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I pretty much look like **** at the gym. Ehhh, **** 'em.
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm in such a zone I don't really care. Now I do wear matching attire - but when I'm done working out, it looks as though someone wrestled me to the floor and wiped me up with my hair! LOL!!! I use to go to a gym where the girls would be in full make-up and "never worn" before attire. It was sickening! The bar was right down the street - all they had to do to pick up a guy was to go there - No need to waste money on the outfit, the shoes, the hair cut and oh the full made up face! LOL!!!!!!
    I now go to a boxing gym where the guys are HOT and focused! LOL!!! Not the girls! LOL!!!
  • admanMike
    admanMike Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i know you haven't asked for a guys perspective but i will honestly say that a gal at the gym with zero makeup, her hair in a simple pony tail and hitting the cardio or weights like she means it is MUCH more appelaing to men (most men) than the gals who get all dolled up and prance around the gym and never break a sweat. Not that it matters what guys think...you are doing it for you!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    haha sometimes I can be self conscious about it. I end up going after class so I have a face of make up on and by the end sometimes I look absolutely ridiculous...but most of the time i'm like meh. I know I'm working out and I know I'm going home afterwards so it's whatever. I just try and focus on working out. It does suck though when I see some cute guys and I'm like :love: and I look like a sweaty beast lol.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    i WISH i had the confidence to go out in no make up to the gym. Im one of those girls who are even glammed up for the gym. Fake eyelashes and everything. haha
    xo
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    No, I feel pretty sexy in the gym. I have some pretty decent muscles and I get in there with the boys and start pushing the weights, and I love it!!! And, no, I do not look like my avatar. I certainly have a little weight to lose.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    AHA - it's about a guy! :-P

LOL of course. i catch him staring sometimes. pretty uncomfortable!

LOL...if he's staring then he obviously doesnt care that you are sans makeup...just saying girl! :drinker:
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I know when I leave the gym, it is not a pretty sight. My hair is too short still to pull back, so the hair is a bit of a mess, no make up and so sweaty! Definitely not there to pick anyone up! lol