Ladies, when you're at the gym...

Options

Replies

• jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No makeup, hair in a ponytail, comfy cotton t-shirt on, usually sweating with a red face. When I started NROL4W and headed back to the free weights section, it was very intimidating my first day back there. Now (I say this after only 2 weeks)? Who cares. If they don't like it, they can turn their heads. Everyone at the gym is there for a reason, mine isn't being to pick up on guys or have one pick up on me. It's all business there for me (especially when this is precious time away from my son AFTER I get off work).
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Just couldn't give a toss about what anyone else at the gym thinks of me. I'd rather spend the time others might spend on make up ramping up my workout, it isn't a pageant, it's about working out.
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    u can wear as much make up as u want..dont matter.. at the gym a girl doing a good work out is hot as it is... earning an honest sweat and bettering yourself.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I feel prettiest when I sweat.
  • kpnive
    kpnive Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love to go to the gym and to see how soaked my shirt is! I dont give a fark what people think of what i look like at the gym! lol

I remember one time I belonged to an all female gym and there was this chick who checked her self out after every move she did with free weights, she made sure her pants were low rise on her hips turned side to side and then kept lifting. lol
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    the hottest girls at the gym are the ones that are there sweating, hair in a ponytail, no make up, and pushing themselves hard whether it is lifting weights or on the elliptical.

Agreed.

Hair pulled back in a low ponytail and seeing a woman working hard is pretty much every guy's kryptonite.

Make-up is optional.
  • cwanek726
    cwanek726 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The only reason I have makeup on at the gym is because I go after work, and I haven't removed it before I go. Saturday and Sunday mornings I get up, get dressed and go, no makeup. I'm not worried about whether or not some guy thinks I'm attractive while I'm working out. I'm there to get my sweat on and go home.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the hottest girls at the gym are the ones that are there sweating, hair in a ponytail, no make up, and pushing themselves hard whether it is lifting weights or on the elliptical.

Hair pulled back in a low ponytail and seeing a woman working hard is pretty much every guy's kryptonite.

Make-up is optional.

i don't understand the girls that wear make up to the gym. aren't they afraid that it'll smear as they start to work up a sweat... oh, right. never mind.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel not so pretty at the gym? I mean, most of the time im makeup-less. Now, i dont look horrible without it, but just, not as good. There are always so many people, and sometimes I feel self-concious! Does anyone else get this?

Seriously, I need to post a pic of myself immediately post workout. I GUARANTEE you don't look as bad as I do.
  • ALG9
    ALG9 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you don't feel pretty at the gym, then find small ways to pull a look together , mascara, a tinted moisurizer..( i reccomend Laura mercier) tinted lip balm. eveything is individual and if you feel better a little pulled together then do what feels right to you.. Everyone can be prettier with a little effort. isn't that why we go to the gym.... to look better? stay pretty sandiego! lol
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I prefer looking like a badass at the gym than look pretty. I do go to a ladies gym though.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options

Make-up is optional.

i don't understand the girls that wear make up to the gym. aren't they afraid that it'll smear as they start to work up a sweat... oh, right. never mind.

I have no idea. My observation has been that most men would do well to never discuss make-up with women.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I think you look best when working hard- concentrating and focused on your plan of attack! So I think people at the gym look fantastic!
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I envy the girl who's pouring sweat, pounding away on the treadmill, and dressed to work hard. If her hair's done, her makeup's in place, and she looks really "polished", she's doing it wrong.

I have makeup on at the gym because I go after work. By the time I'm done, it ain't so pretty.
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel not so pretty at the gym? I mean, most of the time im makeup-less. Now, i dont look horrible without it, but just, not as good. There are always so many people, and sometimes I feel self-concious! Does anyone else get this?

I much prefer to see a woman with little or no makeup. Show your real beauty, not the made-up fake beauty.
    I'm sure I don't speak for all men, but this one know what he likes.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Personally I really don't care what others think about me at the gym... It's not like I'm going to a party.
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I suspect you are not alone. You will lots to "me toos" from MFP ladies.

I am a guy, so I don't have this problem, but I have some insight that might be helpful.

One of my long time female friends noticed me at the gym one morning and came over to say hello. She mentioned that she almost didn't come over, because she was uncomfortable that I would see her looking "awful in her sweaty clothes and with no makeup."

I told her what I would tell you (as I stand there dripping puddles of sweat onto the floor):

"Honey, its 6 in the freakin AM and I am working out. Nothing personal, but if you didn't get right in my face I wouldn't have noticed if you were on fire." Now I admit to checking out an attractive backside every now and again if one appears in front of me while on a treadmill, but for the most part I am focused on what I am doing, and I am not looking at anybody else during my gym time. :laugh:
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i feel prettier at the gym than i do when i get dressed up to go out. i guess i feel most comfortable while i am working out.
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think I am fine as hell when i am busting out weights heavier than a lot of the dudes in there, soaked in sweat and beet red in the face!!! if being strong and fast is ugly, then call me ugly because i love it!!
  • FantasticKitty01
    Options
    Yes, it makes sense. But just remember. What people think of Leah is none of Leah's business. Evaluate yourself based on your own standards, not the standards you perceive other people to have. Most people working out are focused on their own health and workout. :) Happy exercising!