Ladies, when you're at the gym...

Options

Replies

• Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to be 'pretty' so when I'm at the gym, I'm the most confident. I've always been more of a tom boy and even though I'm more girly as I get older, I'm still a casual person who never wears make up. I love being me in the gym, showing what I can do. Sometimes I'm extra sweaty and less than pretty, but I don't care.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I look my worst at the gym and I accept that. Quite frankly don't even care.

"If you look pretty at the end of your workout, you're not doing it right."

I'm not there to get hit on, meet people, etc. I don't pay any attention to anyone around me and I don't expect them to pay attention to me. It's just about working out.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I think I look pretty good at the gym....the sweat really makes my collar and cheek bones stand out and I look thiner :-)

(The yoga pants help :-P)
  • chachii26
    Options
    Honestly, I look like s*** when a go the gym! I dont wear tight close because I sweat a lot in my belly area and it looks kinda nasty so I always wear a baggy T shirt...I really dont care because i love the feeling when I come drenched in sweat! thats the whole purpose...if you look pretty after a workout, you didnt do it right! lol....
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Ok, I am not usually a confrontational person, but this struck a cord and now it is time for me to get on my high horse.

Yes, there are some women that are ridiculous and going to the gym for the wrong reasons. However, just because a woman looks nice while at the gym, it does not mean she is one of those women. There are probably a ton of other reasons. When I go to the gym, it is usually not the first thing I have done that day. Usually, I have been at work all day. I am not going to take my makeup off to work out. Now I do admit that I am lucky and no matter how hard I workout I have never ended up looking like a raccoon.

I like wearing makeup, but I wear it for myself, no one else. When I have makeup on and am dressed nice, I just feel better and am more confident with myself. When I feel more confident, I work out harder. So, why wouldn't I wear makeup to the gym?

As a matter of fact, I cannot remember a day I have gone without makeup in my adult life. Hell, even if I am hanging around my house I put on makeup and dress nicely. It's just what I like... I don't like to wear t-shirts and go makeup less. Now before you start saying that I am uncomfortable in my own skin, etc. I am quite happy with myself and I LOVE my eyes and want to enhance that beauty. Again, I do this for myself. At the same time, that does not make me high maintenance. When I am traveling with other people, I know that this is a choice I have made, so I get up earlier than everyone so that I do not hold anyone up. I don't judge people that do not wear makeup. It is everyone's personal choice.

I am a very adventurous, easy going person... just don't tell me I can't put my makeup on. :) Ok, off the high horse now. I hope you all have a great Friday!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    when i go to the gym... i...do...not...go there for a beauty contest. i wouldnt even try.
    i just go there to do what i gotta do and leave.
    i mean, im friendly and outgoing... but by no means trying to impress anyone.
    nearly every day i walk in looking like a homeless person and leave looking like a drowned rat that smells like a herd of goats.
    delicious? you betcha. =)
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Definitely no make-up for me! I'm a roll out of bed, roll in to my clothes and roll out the house kinda girl. It's all going to wipe off with all the sweat anyway.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    You're at the gym. WHO GIVES A *kitten*.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I enter in Beast Mode and then leave accordingly. It would be a waste of my time to walk in feeling less than awesome, because I would be too worried about others and not focused on my workout.

Here is what I think when I see people at the gym.

Fit person: "Wow, I want to be like you one day"
    No-so-fit-person: "Good for you for taking care of your health"

The end.

^^^BEST RESPONSE EVER
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to workout. Do not wear makeup but have cute workout clothes so I do get attention from guys, but that is not why I am there.:grumble:
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am not usually a confrontational person, but this struck a cord and now it is time for me to get on my high horse.

Yes, there are some women that are ridiculous and going to the gym for the wrong reasons. However, just because a woman looks nice while at the gym, it does not mean she is one of those women. There are probably a ton of other reasons. When I go to the gym, it is usually not the first thing I have done that day. Usually, I have been at work all day. I am not going to take my makeup off to work out. Now I do admit that I am lucky and no matter how hard I workout I have never ended up looking like a raccoon.

I like wearing makeup, but I wear it for myself, no one else. When I have makeup on and am dressed nice, I just feel better and am more confident with myself. When I feel more confident, I work out harder. So, why wouldn't I wear makeup to the gym?

As a matter of fact, I cannot remember a day I have gone without makeup in my adult life. Hell, even if I am hanging around my house I put on makeup and dress nicely. It's just what I like... I don't like to wear t-shirts and go makeup less. Now before you start saying that I am uncomfortable in my own skin, etc. I am quite happy with myself and I LOVE my eyes and want to enhance that beauty. Again, I do this for myself. At the same time, that does not make me high maintenance. When I am traveling with other people, I know that this is a choice I have made, so I get up earlier than everyone so that I do not hold anyone up. I don't judge people that do not wear makeup. It is everyone's personal choice.

I am a very adventurous, easy going person... just don't tell me I can't put my makeup on. :) Ok, off the high horse now. I hope you all have a great Friday!

*Insert long winded rebuttal here*

Not serious, let us just do dance lessons.
  • ohh_myy_quad
    ohh_myy_quad Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I enter in Beast Mode and then leave accordingly. It would be a waste of my time to walk in feeling less than awesome, because I would be too worried about others and not focused on my workout.

Here is what I think when I see people at the gym.

Fit person: "Wow, I want to be like you one day"
    No-so-fit-person: "Good for you for taking care of your health"

The end.

Agreed 100%
  • TimTamF
    Options
    I love the feeling of sweat, I hate the feeling of makeup and sweat together. Focus on what feels good inside as you workout, otherwise you cant give it your all. Then... when you do scrub up... you will have a great glow that you wont WANT to hide with Make-up.
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    nope because i'm there to sweat and work my butt off. it irritates me when i see women with full makeup and not a drop of sweat. seriously i want to say to them what's the point all you're doing is taking up space - go home makeup girl

See, there have been a few times where I have gone in full makeup, once after work, and once after a lunch date. I sweat a ton those days, and ended up wiping some off. but as far as the girls who refuse to sweat? i agree. dumb.

it's one thing to show up in makeup (i used to go after work - professional work setting with full day face) then either wipe it off before you workout or well sweat it off. it's a whole 'nother story to spend 2 hours AT the gym in full makeup and leave in full makeup (without hitting the locker room to reapply full face).

Ahem - I do this! I can show up in full makeup (blush, lipstick, foundation, mascara, eyeshadow) and leave in full makeup perfectly well AND get a good workout in!

My mascara is on my cheeks, my lipstick is on my cheeks, my eyeshadow is on the back of my hands, and my foundation is on my shirt - but it's all there!!!
  • ambeezy84
    Options
    LOL I can honestly say that i DO wear make up to the gym.... I don't do it JUST to go to the gym but i do make sure its freshened up :)
    But at the same time..... I push myself really hard and there hasn't been a time that I've left the gym NOT sweating.... but really.... Im there to get into shape and start loving myself :D
    So, I think you should do whatever makes you the most comfortable!!!
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    I make it a point to remove any makeup I have on when i get into the gym because it clogs your pores and will make you break out!

Honestly, I'd rather look like I actually worked out than "cute" after my workouts ;) And honestly, the cute dudes checking you out are probably more impressed with you being at the gym than what you look like. Get it, girl!
  • Pgirl35
    Pgirl35 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I go to the gym about 2-3 times a week and when I get their I'm in workout mode... Honey don't worry but that makeup because all your're going to do is sweat, if you are really working out. LOL The gym is not a place for looking hot & sexy, but for getting in shape and healthy so that we can look hot & sexy...LOL:smile::smile:
  • krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I make it a point to remove any makeup I have on when i get into the gym because it clogs your pores and will make you break out!

this ^^^. I workout in the mornings but if I do end up going after work I make sure to get all that *kitten* off my face. Why do some girls insist on wearing makeup to the gym? Because their skin is probably horrible after all those times of working out with a full face of makeup on.

It's just dumb. There's no benefit to it. If you say it's a "confidence thing", I guarantee doing 8 dead-hang pullups or having a rock solid core will boost your confidence more than a couple layers of facepaint. I also guarantee you'll attract more guys that way, if you're looking for that at the gym.

I sweat. Like A LOT. True story: I was late to the gym and didn't wash my makeup off. I started to sweat while lifting and wiped it off with my hand. NOW, my hand was all greasy and disgusting, and those power cleans were the sorriest excuse of any kind of lift ever, because my grip was *kitten*. NO BENEFIT. WASH YOUR FACE.

/end rant.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options

*Insert long winded rebuttal here*

Not serious, let us just do dance lessons.

:happy:
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

this ^^^. I workout in the mornings but if I do end up going after work I make sure to get all that *kitten* off my face. Why do some girls insist on wearing makeup to the gym? Because their skin is probably horrible after all those times of working out with a full face of makeup on.

It's just dumb. There's no benefit to it. If you say it's a "confidence thing", I guarantee doing 8 dead-hang pullups or having a rock solid core will boost your confidence more than a couple layers of facepaint. I also guarantee you'll attract more guys that way, if you're looking for that at the gym.

I sweat. Like A LOT. True story: I was late to the gym and didn't wash my makeup off. I started to sweat while lifting and wiped it off with my hand. NOW, my hand was all greasy and disgusting, and those power cleans were the sorriest excuse of any kind of lift ever, because my grip was *kitten*. NO BENEFIT. WASH YOUR FACE.

/end rant.

959b65b0_15fc7_ORIG-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif