Replies

• poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    i want a breast reduction as mine are to big x
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi ok your 21, when I was 21 I was a B cup naturally very slim, similar to you. I had my daughter at 30 after breast feeding I now have DD cups. Just thought Id point that out that your still young and your body is still changing, its allways changing lol.

Anyway second point if you really want them and your miserable depressed and having social issues because of it, disscuss with your DR get prefessional advice.

3rd point is Im an RN and worked for 5 years in cosmetic surgery untill last year now back in the public system, in recovery/theartres. So we used to do about 4 boob jobs a week, first thing post op, you'll throw up a lot be in a lot of pain, more IV pain relief etc you will have bilateral drains that you have to carry around with you for a few days. Most of the cases returned for nipple realignment about 6-12 months later. It costs a lot of money and it is a serious operation with all the risks and pain that all operations entail. If you still really want it see your GP, and find a cosmetic surgeon with a great reputation, google them, research them.

4th point, a lot of those boobs we did have had a problem with the implanst(manufacturers fault) theres now a number of court cases going on but the company that made the implants has liquidated, and so the patient now if they want them removed, have to pay themselves or choose to live with the risk of rupture.

Also if you do decide to do it, Id advised not to do the nipple way you lose sensation and will be unable to breast feed. Go under the arm.

ok thats it, Goodluck :)

There is so much misinformation in here.

1. Most womens breasts stop growing in their late teens.
    2. Some people can get nauseous from the anesthesia, which is why most surgeons will give you anti nausea med and require you to be on an empty stomach.
    3. Most surgeons are against the use of drains, as it can increase the risk of infection. It is very uncommon for drains to be needed during a first time surgery.
    4. If most the patients were coming back for nipple realignment, maybe you werent working for that great of a surgeon.
    5. The implants you mentioned are PIP implants, made by a French manufacturer. The issue with these implants arose after they switched to a cheaper, lower grade silicone. They are no longer in use. (Go with Mentor or Natrelle implants)
    6. About 15% of women will experience loss of sensation following surgery, the vast majority of them regaining it within a year.
    7. That is just untrue that you cant breast feed after having a breast augmentation. Just straight false.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Good luck in whatever your decision is. :smile:
    [/quote

the girl for an opinion so just gave mine, and I worked for several diferent cosmetic/plastic surgeons, I wasnt going to bother about the manufacturer, yes they have stopped but there is a similar problem going on with knee & hip replacements at the momment so manufacterers can and do make mistakes.
    Your requested nill by mouth for 6 hours prior to surgery due to the risk of aspiration during surgery, a lot of patients including myself, get nausea post op regardless of fasting. Because of the pethedine, morphine, fentanyl given for pain relief, postop its common to get nausea, then you have a number of antiemmetics given. I just wanted her to be aware that a number of people do have on going surgery following a cosmetic procedure. Drains are common in surgery all surgery regardless of drains has an infection risk. Just my professional experience, she can do whatever she chooses, but rather than give the opinion of yes or no, I thought she may like to be aware of the implications of a surgical procedure. Its a serious operation, no point covering it over with gloss and saying its all easy, its not. Just wanted her to be aware of that.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Large breasts are inconvenient.
    I would gladly size mine down but I would never, EVER suggest someone enlarge theirs.

There are so many drawbacks.

1. Running is painful.
    2. Try finding cute bras in large sizes. TRY IT. I dare you. Not easy. Not cheap.
    3. Many, many shirts do NOT look good with large breasts.
    4. Laying down is uncomfortable (no more laying on your stomach comfortably anyway)
    5. Hello. My eyes are up here.
  • vcferlita
    Options
    Just a shout out to Chrissy for that info.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hi ok your 21, when I was 21 I was a B cup naturally very slim, similar to you. I had my daughter at 30 after breast feeding I now have DD cups. Just thought Id point that out that your still young and your body is still changing, its allways changing lol.

Anyway second point if you really want them and your miserable depressed and having social issues because of it, disscuss with your DR get prefessional advice.

3rd point is Im an RN and worked for 5 years in cosmetic surgery untill last year now back in the public system, in recovery/theartres. So we used to do about 4 boob jobs a week, first thing post op, you'll throw up a lot be in a lot of pain, more IV pain relief etc you will have bilateral drains that you have to carry around with you for a few days. Most of the cases returned for nipple realignment about 6-12 months later. It costs a lot of money and it is a serious operation with all the risks and pain that all operations entail. If you still really want it see your GP, and find a cosmetic surgeon with a great reputation, google them, research them.

4th point, a lot of those boobs we did have had a problem with the implanst(manufacturers fault) theres now a number of court cases going on but the company that made the implants has liquidated, and so the patient now if they want them removed, have to pay themselves or choose to live with the risk of rupture.

Also if you do decide to do it, Id advised not to do the nipple way you lose sensation and will be unable to breast feed. Go under the arm.

2. Some people can get nauseous from the anesthesia, which is why most surgeons will give you anti nausea med and require you to be on an empty stomach.
    3. Most surgeons are against the use of drains, as it can increase the risk of infection. It is very uncommon for drains to be needed during a first time surgery.
    4. If most the patients were coming back for nipple realignment, maybe you werent working for that great of a surgeon.
    5. The implants you mentioned are PIP implants, made by a French manufacturer. The issue with these implants arose after they switched to a cheaper, lower grade silicone. They are no longer in use. (Go with Mentor or Natrelle implants)
    6. About 15% of women will experience loss of sensation following surgery, the vast majority of them regaining it within a year.
    7. That is just untrue that you cant breast feed after having a breast augmentation. Just straight false.

OMG thank you for that. That post was so full of mistruths it wasn't even funny. That surgeon was obviously not very skilled. I'll stop there. :/
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I like them.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options

[/quote

the girl for an opinion so just gave mine, and I worked for several diferent cosmetic/plastic surgeons, I wasnt going to bother about the manufacturer, yes they have stopped but there is a similar problem going on with knee & hip replacements at the momment so manufacterers can and do make mistakes.
    Your requested nill by mouth for 6 hours prior to surgery due to the risk of aspiration during surgery, a lot of patients including myself, get nausea post op regardless of fasting. Because of the pethedine, morphine, fentanyl given for pain relief, postop its common to get nausea, then you have a number of antiemmetics given. I just wanted her to be aware that a number of people do have on going surgery following a cosmetic procedure. Drains are common in surgery all surgery regardless of drains has an infection risk. Just my professional experience, she can do whatever she chooses, but rather than give the opinion of yes or no, I thought she may like to be aware of the implications of a surgical procedure. Its a serious operation, no point covering it over with gloss and saying its all easy, its not. Just wanted her to be aware of that.

I had no problem with your opinions, I just wanted to correct the wrong info.
    You're right, people can and do get nauseous after surgery, but if the surgeon and anesthesiologist take precautions it can usually be avoided. When we're talking about breast augmentations, drains are not very common at all. Especially in first time patients, when there is need for a drain it is almost always after a revision. Ofcourse there is a chance of infection in all surgeries, but drains do increase the risk, that is why most surgeons hope to avoid them.

As for the manufacturer faults, I suggested to her Mentor or Natrelle, they are both very high quality implants and the companies abide by all FDA guidlines. They also offer warranties.

To be honest, it sounds like you werent working with the greatest surgeon. He went for some of the cheapest implants on the market (PIP), overused drains (Im assuming cuz you make it sound like every patient had them), and misaligned their nipples.

OP, if you decide to go through with surgery, really look into your surgeon and make sure you're well educated on the procedure first.
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    you are super pretty... i think you look fine and i dont think implants are such a good thing. But if you feel like you need them to be more confident or love yourself more. then do it... all of our opinions dont matter... its how you feel. :]
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I know some guys that are totally against bolt on chesticles...i have no idea why. I love bewbies..fake or real...i don't discriminate.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    no matter the doctor;
    they will look fake for at least a year
    they will always feel fake.

it will hurt A LOT ALOT

...not always.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Don't do it! Mine are big, natural, and really a hassle! Especially with getting shirts to fit right. I can't remember the last time I could wear a shirt that buttons. If you get them, just keep it proportionate to your size.