starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is good, I never had done any circuit/strength training before (I used to only do cardio and had no interest in building muscle) but I found it was a great start and I actually have muscle for the first time ever lol. I love it.
    Now I am doing Ripped in 30 and it is an awesome challenge. Short work outs but really effective.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    L1D6 tonight, did pretty well. this was the first time i did the workout in the evening and found that i did get a little tired in circuit 3 but i did not get light headed like i did last week when i was doing the workout in the am.

im only using 3lb weights, i was planning to go to 5lb on day 6, but i was having some pain in my right shoulder over the weekend so i will stick with the 3 lb for now.

I HATE PUSHUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway:
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    How is everyone elses knees doing? I ended up buying myself some vegan joint supplements because I was starting to feel it in my knees (level 2 especially). Do others already take these or are most not having much issue?

I thought it was just me, because I am so heavy! My knees have gone from being mildly sore during the workout (in Level 1) to being consistently sore after a week on Level 2. And my right knee especially is popping a lot.

Hmmm... I guess it isn't just because I am so overweight.

I don't think it's a weight issue, as I'm quite small. I have taken a few hard falls these past few years & had suspected that they had some impact on at least one knee. I ended up buying myself the Deva Glucosamine pills since I've read good reviews of them & I'm hoping that will do the trick. & I also suspect that imperfect form may being playing a part as well.

Still determined to troop through this & I'm going easy on a few of the squats that seem to not agree with my knees. Better safe than sorry. I'd rather go easy on a few parts of the dvd than lose days later if I hurt myself. ;)
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 30DS and am looking forward to it. My knees are pretty messed up, so I'm a little worried about that, but I can always improvise if need be.
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    So what is the 30 days shred? I keep seeing posts but don't know what it is.
  • violet976
    Options
    So what is the 30 days shred? I keep seeing posts but don't know what it is.

It's a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. Focuses on circuits of abs, cardio & strength, in 3 different levels.
  • amyloulou1987
    amyloulou1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Starting tonight! Not looking forward to the aching tomorow! :-(
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey ppl, havent updated in a while!! so had sat & sun off and started up again on Mon, so am currently level 1, day 8.... 2 more days and then weekend off & then start level 2 monday morning!!! Not so sure about what to expect considering what i've been reading on here! everyone saying they hate level 2, and prefer level 3!! haha. It'll all be worth it in the end im sure!

Glad the aching has subsided for now, but i know it will return with a vengeance next week!! Day 2 absolutely killed my leg muscles, and day 3 the aching had calmed, and then for rest of week it was standard... then Sat i woke up with a really bad knee, so good job i had the weekend 'off', dosed up on ibuprofen and was right as reign come Monday morning!!

I would do the 30 day consecutively but at moment i'm seeing what effect it has on my body alongside doing Weight Watchers! so am doing 5 days, 2 days off, 5 days, 2 days off, level up... repeat, level up repeat etc... so 30 days spread over 6 weeks... didnt take a photo or measurements beforehand but have been doing WW long enough to know when my bodies altering!!

Keep up the good work everyone - and anyone, feel free to add me if want some extra support :) xx
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Literally dragged my butt outta bed this morning after arguing with my alarm clock for an hour and half. I'm a big believer that every time you take a breath you have a chance to make a better choice. So when I chose to skip the workout this morning (not a planned rest day, just being whimpy) I couldn't get back to sleep because I kept thinking that I had all these chances to make a better choice.

Argh! Bitten in the butt by my own motivational sayings!

So I finally got up and did another day of Level 2. I did *not* phone it in like I did yesterday, and man oh man I can really tell. I don't ache and I'm not sore, but my muscles are *tired*!

My "Finished with Level 2" reward massage is scheduled for 11/20, so I know I will spend the next 13 days on this level. I have been doing modified planks for the last 8 - or is it 9? - days but starting tomorrow I am going to start doing as many beginner planks as I can before moving to the modified ones.

Like every workout, the hardest part is actually getting started. Once I am doing it, and once I am done, I'm thrilled that I did it.

Keep shredding!
  • ajsmommy2010
    Options
    I'm new to working out first thing first. What's the 30 day shred? Where can I find it? And is it good for beginners?

It's great for beginners! You can get it at Walmart for abou $10.00 :-)
  • violet976
    Options
    day 16 (day 6 of level 2)

Had to wake up early today as I'm picking up a stray cat to take to the shelter and didn't want to miss my routine, but boy oh boy is it harder to do that workout when you are tired. I could feel the exhaustion the entire time.

Mental note to self that I get a better workout if I get adequate rest first.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I kinda fell off the 30ds wagon. I was on level 2 day 7, on Saturday. I skipped Sunday and Monday because I wasnt feeling the best. Not really sick, mostly just lazy (and I noticed my scale moved those days that I skipped as well). So last night I had a talk with my husband about me missing 2 days and do I get off my rear and pick it back up or stop for awhile since my scale was moving. He said I was more motivated by the number on the scale and I could always pick it back up in a couple of weeks. As we were talking I picked up my laptop and noticed I had a muscle in my shoulder!! I could actually see it.

So here I am debating my decision to skip. Do I pick it back up and not worry about my scale stall while doing on the program? I like the muscle but I like the scale moving too.... Ugh I am too indecisive (plus I am not good at not following through with what I commit too, even if its a commitment with myself).
  • purpleree6
    Options
    How is everyone elses knees doing? I ended up buying myself some vegan joint supplements because I was starting to feel it in my knees (level 2 especially). Do others already take these or are most not having much issue?

My knees are hurting. In level 3 you do jumping jacks with weights and other jumping movements, squats and rockstar jumps/skip rope. I'm just grinning and bearing it tbh.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    itsmyvwbeetle...does the number on the scale mean more to you? Or the way you see yourself in the mirror? I have heard a number of success stories after 30DS where people have actually gained weight when they finished the program but had lost a tremendous amount of inches all over their body and were fitting into clothes smaller than they had ever imagined. Obviously the decision is up to you but I think you should keep up with the program and stop focusing on the number on the scale...you are the only one that sees that number...well except maybe your husband too!

AFM...epic fail attempting day 2 last night. Went to vote and then went out to dinner with my kids and aunt. I ended up eating myself into a food coma and fell asleep shortly after I got home, even my boyfriend was shocked. So day 2 will take place tonight. My thighs are extremely sore this morning so I am definitely walking funny today but I like being sore because it makes me feel as though I have done something right.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Only lost 5lbs last month BUT I am seeing a definite change in my entire body especially my bum, arms and mid section (so far lost 7 inches overall half way through) ^u^
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    Options
    itsmyvwbeetle...does the number on the scale mean more to you? Or the way you see yourself in the mirror? I have heard a number of success stories after 30DS where people have actually gained weight when they finished the program but had lost a tremendous amount of inches all over their body and were fitting into clothes smaller than they had ever imagined. Obviously the decision is up to you but I think you should keep up with the program and stop focusing on the number on the scale...you are the only one that sees that number...well except maybe your husband too!

Waah...cant I have both!?!?!? Ok, obviously the answer is no. I want both, I dont want to be thin and pudgy/untoned and I dont want to be fit and fat. I am contemplating doing day 18 of my 30ds when I get home after I do w4d1 of c25k. I only have 12 days left of the shred, my loss can stall for that much longer... :)
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my day 7 of Level 2, I'm doing shred, shred, cardio, shred, shred, cardio, the past 4 days I've finally started losing again! Plus NSV - I walked past a mirror before changing out of my sports bra. I can see abs - just a tiny glimmer - but more than I've seen in probably close to 30 years.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I've only started level 1 so far - do I need any equipment other than a mat and some weights for levels 2 and 3?
  • amayah04
    amayah04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    how can i join the group
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my day 7 of Level 2, I'm doing shred, shred, cardio, shred, shred, cardio, the past 4 days I've finally started losing again! Plus NSV - I walked past a mirror before changing out of my sports bra. I can see abs - just a tiny glimmer - but more than I've seen in probably close to 30 years.

Thats awesome!! Keep up the good work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!