starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred. I did Level 1 Day 1 today. It kicked my butt, but I'm so glad I stuck it out and got through it.
  • jayjayingram
    Options
    I can def see the difference great work for keeping at it for the 30 days
    Now that I figured out how to actually post pictures, I wanted to share with all of you my results! Now, just incase anyone is curious - I did NOT follow the JM diet plan, but I stayed within my calorie limit. Also, I didn't do the whole dvd 30 days straight. Most weeks I took off Saturday and Sunday. I think I lost around 10lbs with the dvd, and I rarely did any extra exercise with it (maybe once or twice a week sporadically). Unfortunately, I took my measurements half way through, and I believe I lost the most inches within the first half. BUT my pictures are from the beginning to the end.....and here they are......:smile:

30dsSideView.jpg

30dsTummy.jpg

I don't believe anything is HUGELY noticeable, but I wanted to share with everyone in this post that kept me motivated throughout this 30 day journey.

Feel free to add me as a friend, next I will be doing Ripped in 30. Thanks for reading :flowerforyou:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    day 8 level 1 done! then i walked (briskly) on the beach for 2.6 miles. today was good.
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    day 9 of level 2, and all I can say is thank god... I still hate this level every bit as much as day 1, & my first rest day did nothing to change my stand on that.

one more day and it's on to level 3. So far I can't say I've noticed too much in the way of changes. I'm eating to maintain weight, and so far so good. My stomach *might* be a bit flatter, but even the smallest meal has always made my stomach pop out so it's tough to say for sure. & my butt still feels like loose flab to me. I was hoping to see a bit more progress by now, but will stick with it & hope it's just further down the line.
  • nwperson
    nwperson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can see what you mean.. Do you get through all the exercises? I just break down in the last circuit, and I can't get through the last ab section... And I'm on my 6th day... I don't think I'll be moving up until I can finish it all up..
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    day 9 level 1 done. cleaned the house now headed out for a walk. happy sunday!
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I do 30 day shred but not continuously.. I maybe do it three times a week. I don't belong to a gym so the strength training it provides makes up for that. Other days I run or swim. I have noticed, like the pictures posted, that my abs are more defined and I have the two curved lines going down each side that I didn't have before. My BMI=30 so I still have a lot of fat covering that area but I can definitely see a difference. Use it how you want to use it. You don't have to religiously do it every day if that doesn't suit you. I am in this for the long haul to get to goal weight and stay there so I want exercise routines that I can maintain not do 30 days then forget it. If you just do the 30 days, and get the results what happens after that? If you don't continue some sort of strength training program or move onto something else you will lose all the definition that you worked so hard to achieve.
  • tiffagetskinny
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level 2. it's definitely challenging but I have so far been able to push hrough the work out. My question my have already been discussed throughout the first part of this thread, but I am curious as to what yall are eating???? after work outs and just normal day to day?

I have basically kept my eating habits the same (which could definitely be better) but I have deceased my calorie intake... I am having a tough time holding myself accountable logging every single day though.....
  • violet976
    Options
    My schedules been thrown to hell with an intake of a foster stray kitty with ear cancer & a vet scare with my own kitty that turned out to be a large amount of packed in ear wax. I was flying through my worked first thing in the AM, and now am happy if I can just cram it in somewhere during the day with the juggle of all the pets, the foster & working from home. Today is my FINAL day of level 2 though, so I'm determined to get through that & be done with that hell. :p

So far on level two I've been able to do all except the forward/backward lunges which hurt my knees (improvise with squats & arm raises, and the military squats and arm raises (I can kind of do them, but can't keep my arms straight with sad little 3 pound weights...

I can finally get through all of the planks on the advanced, but it's no picnic, and the final planks are still a killer.

As for what I eat, I stick to my same diet (vegan, whole foods, very little processed or junk food), but I'm also trying to maintain weight, not lose. I have some fat & muscle tone loss around my butt & thighs that I'm hoping to fix up. My food diary is viewable to the public for those interested, but probably not of much help for those trying to lose.
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 20 (day 10 of level 2!!!)

:)

Looking forward to level 3 tomorrow!
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So I take it the other thread is locked now for some reason?!

So I've just done Day 1 of Level 2 and OMG I do not like it in the slightest!! No wonder everyone in the previous thread was wanting to move onto Level 3!! Was nasty!!!
    There were a couple of moves I couldn't do... mostly because I just couldnt but also partly because of the flooring in my living room... but in the past if i couldnt do soemthing I would just sit it out however with this I have improvised and gone back to a level 1 exercise similar to the one we're doing in level 2 to compensate... obviously as days go on I shall re try but if no luck at least im compensating somehow!! But seriously, 9 more days of this?! I do not like that at all!!!
    Please tell me Level 3 is harder but nicer?!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Well the weekend turned into rest days for me. Tonight I have day 4 on schedule. Since the weekends will more than likely turn into rest days for me, I'm debating on whether I should just do 30DS Monday - Thursday and rest Friday - Sunday or if I should still incorporate some cardio. But on the bright side, I think I have already noticed changes after just 3 days of completing the workout. I put on a pair of jeans on Saturday that I haven't worn in probably a year or two and they fit very nicely and I the muffin top was only slightly visible. I was very proud of this NSV and look forward to the rest of the results in store for me.

lulaloops - the previous thread is locked because only 500 posts can be made in a forum. Once the forum hits 500, it becomes locked and a new one is automatically started for you.
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 21 (day 1 of level 3)

Well, it's no cakewalk, but I definitely like it better than level 2, and I also think it seems to go by a lot faster than the other two levels (does anyone know if it is, indeed, shorter?).

The only part have major trouble with is the jumping with my knees, so I minimize the impact for those & for one of them I just do squats instead. I have to say that the legs really get killed on this level, whereas level two seemed to kill me on the arms. Today wasn't too terrible, but I can definitely see day 3 or 4 being a killer after those muscles have been broken in for a few days.

Still optimistic, but I think it's going to be a tough 10 days. Anything seems better than level 2 at this point. :p
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    Just did level 2 for the 5th night... ughhhh... however, I do take rest days... I have lost inches for sure! No weight loss though...
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    GuamGrly - thanks for that, ive only just started using the forum posts so its good to know for future reference!!
    As for rest days - it makes sense! thats what i do, i have sat & sun off, and do 30ds mon- fri... so have done 10 days over 2wks on level 1, and into day 2 of level 2.

Violet - that is music to my ears, i have heard others mention that level 3 is 'nicer' than 2, obviously harder but not as nasty...

i have only done 2 days on level 2 and i really REALLY don't like it!!! It seems alot slower than level 1 as well!! I did it with level 1 as well, some of the exercises i did the 'beginner' impact, some i did the 'expert' impact and some i did inbetween!! and am finding that with this level, planks & stuff i tend to lean towards the beginner, or improvise with an exercise from level 1, but like ive said before im no gym bunny so anything is better than nothing!! and doing it alongside WW so its more about the weightloss at moment, im 9lb off goal, 68lb loss so far!! and most of it was with no exercise! So even doing the beginner ones is better than nothing i guess!!

2 days down, 8 to go... urrrgh :( sounds horrific!! roll on level 3 eh! x
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yay I found the new thread! :smile:

Still doing Level 2. I think this is Day 13? 14? And JM is still kicking my butt big time.

Really struggling with motivation - had an unplanned rest day yesterday, which is a nice way of saying that I slacked off and just plain didn't do it. But, I was back at it this morning.

I realized today that being motivated to do it really doesn't matter. I have to do it anyway. I mean, sometimes I'm not really motivated to eat a healthy meal instead of fast food crap, but I eat right anyway. I figure exercise is the same thing. I can complain about it all I want, but I still have to do it anyway.
  • violet976
    Options
    - 30 Day Shred, day 22 (day 2 of level 3)
    - Butt Bible, day 15 (day 1 of level 2) ***Only lasted 25 minutes***

Still tackling level 3 of 30 Day Shred, and I can say with certainty that while it's still no fun, it just seems more doable than level two ever did to me. I can feel the slow progress on this level, whereas level two I just felt like I took the same beating day after day while counting down to level 3. On level 3, I pause frequently to get a drink of water, but that's about it, & even the plank exercises seem easier than the ones in level 2. Don't get me wrong, I'm still counting down to the 10 day mark, but this level makes me feel more capable overall, which really helps to keep me motivated to return to it the next day.

I also decided to move on to level 2 of Butt Bible, since level 1 was seeming a bit easier after 15 days, and let me say that *that* kicked my butt when doing it right after level 3 of 30DS. I actually only made it through the first 25 minutes, and then (I'm ashamed to say) I turned it off. Perhaps tomorrow will treat me kinder, or I'll stop being such a wimp. :p
  • axelorate
    axelorate Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this? Thanks.

Questions: I know most people say, "Just do what works for you,".. but I must know how you folks that do it every day power through the muscle soreness. I started this program briefly about 3 years ago and distinctly remember being too sore to workout for 2-3 days afterwards.

Did you space out the days at first and then gradually work your way up to every day? Or are you all in relatively decent shape already?

Starting tomorrow and genuinely terrified based on previous experience.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 of level 1, but excited to power through this whole thing!! Thank you to those who have posted their before/afters..very inspirational and you all look great!
  • katiwagner
    katiwagner Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this? Thanks.

Questions: I know most people say, "Just do what works for you,".. but I must know how you folks that do it every day power through the muscle soreness. I started this program briefly about 3 years ago and distinctly remember being too sore to workout for 2-3 days afterwards.

Did you space out the days at first and then gradually work your way up to every day? Or are you all in relatively decent shape already?

Starting tomorrow and genuinely terrified based on previous experience.

I have 7 workouts left on the 30ds, I started Oct. 1. I was not in shape at all when I stared this workout and I felt it when I woke up the next morning after my first work out. I powered through day 2 and then took a rest day. I remember being very thankful I took that rest day because it made a huge difference! Since then I haven't found myself so sore I can't do any more. I do take rest days for a couple reasons; 1) for the obvious reason, to let my body rest and 2) because life happens and there are days I just can't get that work out in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!