starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just did day 2 of level 3 today. I think day 1 was a wash since I didn't really get to "do" the moves, I was more confused on how to do them! But today, I have a few muscles that I can "feel" that I really didn't know existed before, so again thank you Jillian for the shock to the system. I am going to do fewer of the modified versions as I get more comfortable and I am really looking forward to the next 12 days!
    The scale continues to move, maybe not as fast but it is moving I think it has a lot to do with the total package and where you are at physically. My syster in law only needs to lose 15 pounds so her results will be very different than me with my 60 pounds. I only use 3 pound weights she is using 5. She already knows these moves, she has been doing them at the gym for years so she doesn't sit there confused like I do. I eat less she eats more... it all makes sense to me! Maybe not fair but it makes sense.
  • newbody2013
    Options
    I am on day 2 and on level 1, I get up at 6:30 every morning to do it!
    I am going onto level 2 tomorrow because I feel like level 1 is a bit to easy for me!
    and I want to see results!
    I want to lose 20 pounds by January 6!
    and my long term goal is to lose 56 pounds in 7 months!
    I CAN DO IT!

Ive been sucking at counting calories but I CAN DO IT! :)
  • purpleree6
    Options
    I've only started level 1 so far - do I need any equipment other than a mat and some weights for levels 2 and 3?

No other equipment needed, unless you want to use heavier weights?
  • newbody2013
    Options
    I've only started level 1 so far - do I need any equipment other than a mat and some weights for levels 2 and 3?

No other equipment needed, unless you want to use heavier weights?

Yup and a yogo may but I just use a blanket or a towel
  • josie141
    Options
    Hey everyone! Finished day 1 of level 3 and it was HARD. I spent most of the time trying to work out how to do the moves rather than actually doing them! Some are quite complicated (for me anyway!) I think there was a bigger step up between levels 2 and 3 compared to the difference between levels 1 and 2. I'm going onto ripped in 30 when i'm done- if anybody from this thread wants to join me please add me as a friend :-) keep going everyone we're doing great! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • bizzyb581109
    bizzyb581109 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    level 1 workout 8 for me, rest day tomorrow, definitely feels like things are tightening up, not sure about weight loss yet but Benefit 1 is the reduction in tension and pain in my shoulders which are worth every struggling step. Level 1 is top rate for office bunnies hunched over a computer all day. Benefit 2 is the all day smug feeling I get because I do the workout before I go to work!
  • mrayne13
    Options
    day 3 of level 1 almost didn't happen lol... the lack of utter soreness I experienced after day 1 crept up on me about 2 hours after doing day 2 yesterday. I wanted to curl up and diiiiie! This morning I just went back to bed telling myself I'd just do something else today and give my body a break. BUT, I did the workout this afternoon. My soreness lessened and I'm feeling better.

So, I've had a few thoughts. I think that maybe I should have done like a week's worth of prep work before starting this DVD. Like doing some push ups, crunches and squats/lunges. Maybe that would have eliminated most of the soreness of jumping right into this routine when I wasn't used to doing exercise. I thought that might be a good idea for anyone wanting to do this DVD that isn't used to stuff like that... kind of prepare those muscle groups for what's coming. Too late for me since I've already started, but something to think about for those that haven't yet begun.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Today I'm on L1D2, I'm thinking there might not be a day 3 lol
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Today I'm on L1D2, I'm thinking there might not be a day 3 lol

It really does get easier. I'm half way through level 2 - You're not going to let a 57 year old woman show you up, are you?:smile:
  • pbair
    pbair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1 done! Two more days then level 2!!! Am I ready? We will see!
  • cbellanger
    cbellanger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow morning bright and early, I hope! I am posting this so that I can be accountable to actually start this (which I have been saying for 5 days I am going to start "Tomorrow". Now I have to do it! I really am looking forward to seeing what this will do for me. I still have about 65lbs to go till my goal. I feel like I have hit a plateau lately. The inches off are slowing down and the scale has been at a standstill for quite a while. I have been hitting my exercise bike 4-5 days a week, doing a 3:20 mile on average with a pretty good resistance. I know that my food is not the best yet, but I do stay under calories for the most part. I try not to eat all my exercise calories, but some days are different than others. Anyway, I will be up and at it tomorrow and sore like the rest of you! :)
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Who has done the ripped in 30? What's that about? I want to try it, but I'm scccaaaareeeed..
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    If you can beat the 30 DS, collingmommy, you are more than powerful enough to beat the RI30! Mind over matter! I plan on doing it once I finish 30DS, followed by a bunch of other challenges like these. :)
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    how can i join the group

Just jump in and join. If you don't already have the DVD you can find the workouts on YouTube. Check the BeFit channel.

Have fun and let us know how it's going!
  • auntiejack
    auntiejack Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 4 done not doing it every day, days off bike rides or power walks
    30DS days get up at 6.30 and feel great all day
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30 Day Shred last night!

I do plan to start it over and actually do it everyday back to back, will do all 30 days again at level 3. I am hoping to see better progress this time around.

I am still proud I finished the entire DVD, though it took a bit longer than the 30 days. :smile:
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Good AM! I just started yesterday and I Love it...If there are any Helpful tips anyone can give please let me know...Thanks!!!:wink:
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 2, just found this post. Sounds like there is plenty of motivation out there. Really don't think I will ever be able to manage plank jacks quickly without a struggle but am actually able to manage jumping jacks without getting out of puff.
    Lost 2" on my waist, which is great. No weight loss yet but feel positive and more toned.

As this is more of a life style change rather than a quick fix what is everyone planning on doing next??
  • rachiegrl6
    rachiegrl6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today will be Day 5 of Level 1 when I get home from work tonight. Can't believe I'm halfway through this level! I love that it's a SHORT video as I detest working out for long periods of time. I haven't lost hardly any weight thus far even with counting my calories and mainly clean eating as well as almost a gallon of water a day but I do feel better and my clothes fit better and I can tell I'm toning up. I took some measurements this morning to keep me motivated since the scale isn't budging and I'm happy to report that I've lost all over, over 2 or 3 inches in some places! So I'm keeping up with it cause if I weigh the same after it's all over but my stomach is flatter then that's a HUGE win in my book!
  • bima80
    bima80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!