starting the 30 day shred

Options
1262728293032»

Replies

• hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am new here and just completed L1D1. I had to modify it. I was only able to do 20 of each of the sets of jumping jacks. And had to modify the bicycles where I just kept my legs at 90 degrees and did my upper body. So, that is two of my personal goals.... to add atleast one jumping jack each set that I workout until I can do them all and work on those bicycles. I am going from a sedentary life and am about 70 lbs overweight. Can't wait to see myself improve and what I can do :)
  • hollyelise68
    Options
    After 10 days of level 1 here are my results:

Body Part: Day 1
    Weight: 190.0 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: 14.50 in
    Left Upper Arm: 14.00 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): 44.00 in
    Boobs (under boobs): 36.25 in
    Waist: 35.25 in
    Belly Button: 40.25 in
    Muffin Top: 43.50 in
    Hips: 46.00 in
    Right Thigh: 27.25 in
    Left Thigh: 27.5 in

Body Part: Day 10 (pre-day 11 workout)
    Weight: 191.2 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: 13.50 in
    Left Upper Arm: 13.00 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): 43.00 in
    Boobs (under boobs): 35.00 in
    Waist: 33.00 in
    Belly Button: 38.00 in
    Muffin Top: 41.25 in
    Hips: 44.00 in
    Right Thigh: 26.75 in
    Left Thigh: 26.50 in

Body Part: Change
    Weight: + 1.2 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: -1 in
    Left Upper Arm: -1 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): -1 in
    Boobs (under boobs): -1.25 in
    Waist: -2.25 in
    Belly Button: -2.25 in
    Muffin Top: -2.25 in
    Hips: -2 in
    Right Thigh: -0.5 in
    Left Thigh: -1 in

Total Inches Lost Thus Far: 14.5 inches!

Day 10 Progress Pics
    1_10SB_F.png
    1_10SB_L.png
    1_10SB_R.png
    1_10U_F.png
    1_10U_L.png
    1_10U_R.png

So excited to get to day 20 and day 30!

In just 10 days, you look so good!

You are a perfect example at what a liar the scale is!!! I see so much change in you in just 10 days, girl! You are killing it.
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Level 2, Day 2.
    I had to be careful with my workout today. My back is causing me quite a bit of pain today so I could not move the way I should have for some of the exercises. (Damage to my back that I just have to live with. Some days are worse than others.) I was still sweating like crazy and I KNOW I worked out. I can't wait to see the results at the end of the month.
  • hollyelise68
    Options
    double post sorry!
  • hollyelise68
    Options
    Lulaloops: You're doing level 2... enough said. Seriously though, that level was hell. Pure hell day 1 through 10. Don't knock yourself short if it's still kicking your butt. I struggled through every ounce of that level, and I never, ever thought it got easier. (on the bright side, level 3 was tough but that one I felt got easier by the end).

Well, my 30 day mark was bittersweet. While I'm absolutely stoked that I pulled through, I have to admit that my before photos look practically identical to my after photos. I started this challenge tiny, so perhaps that is to be expected, but I was still a little bummed that I didn't see any more definition in my body in the photos. I can say, however, that my stomach really looks flatter to me in person, and my strength and endurance have improved greatly, so I'd be crazy to consider this a defeat by any means. I am, however, hesitant to bother posting my photos because they really, really look identical to my day 6 photos.

One thing I'm curious about (if anyone happens to know)... it was brought to my attention recently that perhaps I have the wrong goals set for myself. Someone mentioned to me that perhaps my butt & thighs are not fat, as I've been considering them, but instead just flabby muscle that needs to be toned, and that as such, I need to change my focus to more weight training to improve my target areas. If this might be true, how does one tell the difference between fat or flabby muscle? I have recently noticed that all the "fat" I can't stand on my butt is almost gone when I flex my butt muscles... does that mean that it's really flabby muscle I need to be working to fix instead of fat?

Have you looked at Jamie Eason's LiveFit? It really adds muscle tone if that is what you are looking for. I just looked at your photos on your blog and you are adorable either way, I am just going by what you have stated here. The LiveFit is on Bodybuilding.com and free to access the workouts.
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Day 27... 3 days to go. thank god.

To be perfectly honest I'm really not seeing any difference with the workouts! I know I can do certain exercises better so strength has improved but no outer difference!
    I've had a really hard time last 4 weeks with keeping up with my WW regime... but this past week I have given my absolute all with working out and with eating correctly and not eating treats/rubbish etc...
    weighed myself this morning, its made no difference, im the same weight as last week and really deflated me.
    The last 3 workouts I have not given my 100% because I am so fed up!

Oh well!

Keep up the hard work ladies
    x
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Planned rest day today so I slept in (ahhhh... that was lovely!) but I am thinking of doing Level 3 after work anyway.

Yesterday I did Level 3 in the morning - have I mentioned that I love that level?? - and then did Biggest Loser Cardio Max levels 1 and 2 in the evening. Apparently I took a hit of crack yesterday or something. I want to work out twice a day, but every time I think about working out twice a day there is a part of me that screams, "Why the heck do you want to do that?!" :)

Lulaloops, I'm sorry you're in a motivational slump. If you are eating well and exercising, then you ARE changing your body. Just because the scale doesn't reflect it, doesn't mean you aren't doing the right things. I know that's really easy for someone else to say, but you ARE making progress! It's about changing your whole LIFE, not just about the number on the scale!

Keep shredding, friends!
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I saw almost no difference after 30 days, so I kept going and decreased my eating a bit. I think it takes longer than 30 days. At 6 weeks I am 9 lbs down and 4 inchess off my waist. I am 3 months postpartum so maybe a special case? But what really seemed to kick it in for me was doing lots of extra stretching after the workout and a few yoga poses. Also not eating anything after 8 pm, which is really hard for me!I also started doing the "bad *kitten*" versions as much as possible. Don't give up!
  • lulaloops
    Options
    I mistyped yesterday.... its actually day 29 today! last session tomorrow... and perfect timing as start a new job on Monday and once got used to it will see about fitting in 2-3 sessions of either level 1 or 3 during the week!
    But so glad i've finally completed a fitness thing I wanted to do, i usually give up after like 2 weeks....

I didnt measure my self to begin with silly i know but i did after 15 days so will do it again tomorrow and see if much difference!

@wizbeth1218 i am eating well, i do WW as well and haven't been 100% good with it since starting 30DS but haven't been tooo bad. but last 2 weeks ive got back on WW like no tomorrow. You are right indeed, i know things are changing but for me at the moment I want to see the change on the scales as i am getting so close to my next goal plus my final one... hopefully lose 1lb next week, get to my 5stone mark then only got another 7 and will have lost 77lb in total.
    I know inches matter too but still!! im one of those who needs to physically see it to believe it, and inch loss or mirrors dont do that for me... but hey ho!!

keep up the good work ladies, xxx
  • lulaloops
    Options
    30 DS officially DONE!!!!!! exciting times.

Just re took my measurements, lost half inch on my arms, and an inch off my hips but everything else has stayed the same since day 15... but thats fine by me as technically now my bust / waist / hips are all perfect for my wedding dress.... so hopefully will stay that way or reduce more by March when it comes back in to the shop for my fitting!!!

will get back and do the odd workout occasionally im sure but actually start a job on Monday so perfect time for completion!
    Im still not overly impressed with the results, and know it was probably too good too be true to notice anything after 6 weeks (i did mon - fri for 6 wks rather than 30 day solid) but will repeat level 1 and 3 in time!
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    Congrats on finishing, lulaloops!! Awesome job!

I took 2 rest days (1 planned, the second was just plain lazy) and hit it again this morning. One of the changes with this program that I really like is that I *feel* better. I *feel* stronger. With the exception of Level 2 - which I hated every dang minute - I can feel my own progress each time I do the workout.

Maybe, for me, that's the real benefit of sticking with this: it's still a fight to *start* the exercise each day, but once I start it then I don't hate it like I used to. And more importantly, I don't hate my body like I used to.

I'm gonna keep shredding. I'll keep doing Level 3 through next week, then rotate through Levels 1 and 3 along with a Cardio DVD.

Someday (someday, someday, someday!) I will doing the bad-*kitten* versions of the moves! :)
  • what is the 30 day shred? can anyone shed some light?

thanks
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred? can anyone shed some light?

thanks

It's a Jillian Michaels exercise DVD. You can view all 3 levels of the workout on YouTube if you search 30 Day Shred. I think the BeFit channel is the one that has them.
  • Thanks!
  • lulaloops
    Options
    @wizbeth1218 thanks! Yeh i know what you mean about the 'better' bits... It was definitely a struggle but half way through I could tell I was better at them than when I started 6 weeks before. Thats the only difference I've really noticed. It may also be because the food side I wasn't being good with!

So proud that I completed it though! got to admit, I started a new job on Monday, and went yesterday but unfortunately its not for me so have now left. I got up this morning not knowing what to do! didnt have a job to get ready for, or a workout to do!! will clean the house in a bit, and nearly thought to myself, oh wait I need to do today's workout!

Going to focus on the food side now for next couple of weeks till xmas, then after xmas / NY etc I will get back and maybe do 3 times a week, level 1 and 3... not necessarily both on same day but we shall see how it goes!
  • nicpap617
    nicpap617 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 level 2 (so day 13). Oh man! Level 2 is brutal! I've never cursed at the TV so much. But my arms were super sore Day 2, so it was difficult to get through. We'll see how Day 3 goes today. I have noticed slight changes in the way my pants fit on my thighs. I rechecked my measurements and compared to day 1 and I lost 1/2-3/4 inch on each thigh in just 13 days! My waist is maybe an inch? It's hard to tell because I checked it a few hours later and it was back to my started measurement. I am going to be more strict in my calories in for the rest of the shred because I really want to see good results.

Not losing any weight thought, which is a bummer, but I'm assuming it's possibly fat loss/muscle gain. I have been lax on my cardio while doing the shred which I feel like may be reason I am not losing as well. I plan to add more cardio daily in addition to the shred. Will post pics and measurements once I am done! Can't wait! :)

Good luck everyone with your shredding! Share your results!!
  • megant53214
    megant53214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started this yesterday, did day 1 level 1 yesterday and am SO sore today, but about to go try to power through day 2! I was thinking about doing 2 days of shred, 1 day of cardio, 2 days of shred, 1 day of cardio and so on. Has anyone else done it this way or have any suggestions on how often to do it? I just read an article where Jillian said that the 30 days was more of a marketing tool and not intended to have people doing it every single day straight with no days off. Any help would be much appreciated, I want to get the best results I can and don't want to undo any results by not doing it every day if that's what truly works. Thanks!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 6 of Level 2.

I just posted my result pictures so far in a Success Story Topic "My 30 Day Shred Results Thus Far". Take a look

I am doing it everyday, and in the last 6 days alone I have lost an inch from my natural waist, an inch my my abdomen, and an inch around my hips!

The plank moves in level 2 are trying to kill me, but I'm pushing as hard as I can. I certainly sweat more than I did in Level 1.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I reeeaaaalllyyyyy wannna do this successfully atleast Once!!!!!! I tried to do it in the past but got bored n Jillian is scary!!!!!! :indifferent:

And its been a few days since my brain is asking me to go for it..... I keep sayin "tomorrow onwards" uuhhhh i know once i do start i will go for it.... its just so hard to get my A*s off the couch!!!!! uhhh Hate Myself!!!!! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I didn't manage to finish 30ds before the new year. I have a couple days left to do. I had to take a few days off that I had planned to work out due to back problems. I am going to finish up in the next few days and then I am going to book myself a massage. I am struggling to complete level 3. I really don't like it and I am wondering if some of the exercises are what is bothering my back. It has been less painful since I substituted some of them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!