Replies

• nerchk
    nerchk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Lulaloops- I had a day like that last week, don't give up! The next day I felt so much better, and you will too. Some days are just not good days.

Holy level 3!!! Yesterday was day 1 and it kicked my butt!! I am so sore today, I feel like I got hit by a train. And I thought I was getting in some sort of shape- ha ha! Finally got on the scale and I've lost 7 lbs total. I don't know how much is due to the workout, but I think it's a fair amount. I don't count calories because I'm breastfeeding my 11 week old, but I have made an effort to cut down on snacking. My arms are still super flabby but better than they were. I am sore enough to think about skipping today, but I think I'm going to power through it and maybe just do the modified moves.

Hope everyone has a great turkey day!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Lulaloops: You're doing level 2... enough said. Seriously though, that level was hell. Pure hell day 1 through 10. Don't knock yourself short if it's still kicking your butt. I struggled through every ounce of that level, and I never, ever thought it got easier. (on the bright side, level 3 was tough but that one I felt got easier by the end).

Well, my 30 day mark was bittersweet. While I'm absolutely stoked that I pulled through, I have to admit that my before photos look practically identical to my after photos. I started this challenge tiny, so perhaps that is to be expected, but I was still a little bummed that I didn't see any more definition in my body in the photos. I can say, however, that my stomach really looks flatter to me in person, and my strength and endurance have improved greatly, so I'd be crazy to consider this a defeat by any means. I am, however, hesitant to bother posting my photos because they really, really look identical to my day 6 photos.

One thing I'm curious about (if anyone happens to know)... it was brought to my attention recently that perhaps I have the wrong goals set for myself. Someone mentioned to me that perhaps my butt & thighs are not fat, as I've been considering them, but instead just flabby muscle that needs to be toned, and that as such, I need to change my focus to more weight training to improve my target areas. If this might be true, how does one tell the difference between fat or flabby muscle? I have recently noticed that all the "fat" I can't stand on my butt is almost gone when I flex my butt muscles... does that mean that it's really flabby muscle I need to be working to fix instead of fat?
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Violet, congratulations!! Please post the pics. Are you wearing the same clothes on both? Have you taken them from different angles? Same time of the day? I am sure we're going to see a difference.

I just completed day 25. 8 more days to go until my "after" shot.

As for "flabby muscle". I don't think a flabby muscle actually exists. If it's flabby, it's loose skin or fat. That said, I do believe that strength/weight training is exactly right for you. The muscles will grow, the fat layer, even if it's thin, will become even thinner, making you look toned and strong. Since 30ds is for the most part strength training, I believe it was the right choice for you. I just think that the coming differences are and will be quite subtle if you're petite.
    Another thought - do you eat enough protein (esp. after the workout)? This is especially important if you are vegetarian or vegan.

Loolaloops, I totally relate. I also had those days, especially during level 2. I do believe that on day 4,5,6, we actually often do more and more advanced moves without realizing it, squatting slightly lower, bigger lunges, jumping higher.. because we already know the workout. And it is exhausting, more than on day 1 or 2.
    Besides, level 2 is the killer.
  • violet976
    Options
    @ SleeplessInBerlin:I finally figured out how to get photos on my blog, but haven't gotten to resizing them to fit well in the forum. Hopefully my blog should be public & you can see, but do let me know if not. Really, there is not much change to be seen, so I'll have to settle for just knowing that my body is surely in better shape because of this & hopefully on to bigger and better things.

For the photos, I tried to wear about the same clothes, but a few items were dirty so I improvised. Both sets were shot same time of day though, as identical as possible, and both in the morning before breakfast.

I do love think you're spot on about the protein though, and I've been wondering that myself. I am vegan, & I used to get enough from many of the processed vegan meats & such I ate, but since giving them up, I'm having to really work to meet that goal. I need to cook beans more often & stuff my face with the nuts & whole grain breads. I currently make myself larabars jam packed with mixed nuts, seeds, dried fruit, oats & grains, and always have one after I workout, but I do believe I am still cutting myself a bit short on the protein in general.

Anyways... as promised, here's a link to my blog. If that does not work, let me know & I'll resize the photos to fit the forum thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/violet976/view/disappointing-30-day-mark-30-day-shred-448674
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support Ladies! I know whenever ive come on here and read that so many people have issues with level 2, that it isnt just me! but just annoying at how stressful i got over it, and to be perfectly honest am dreading doing it today! but then I only have 2 days left of level 2!!! words of pure delight i tell you that!
    And yes @SleeplessinBerlin I can agree with you there that we're starting to do the slightly lower squats, bigger lunges etc, so obviously tiring ourselves out that little bit more.

Yeh I keep reading that even though level 3 is tougher its nicer?!! if that makes any sense. Well i shall find out on Monday! Never been so excited to move on up a level!!

Oh @Violet976 congratulations on the completion!! I'm sure there is visible changes too, you won't have had no change at all!!
    Just been on to your blog... yes you are a teeny weeny from day 1 werent you!! but i have to say, i can see a difference in your waist in your jeans/top and slightly more definition on your stomach... and then in your bikini can see more definition in your arms and legs too... so there is some noticeable change! You may not see it because you are a skinny minny already and see yourself all day every day, but having never seen you before and having a quick scan of your photo's I can definitely seem some changes. may not be as obvious as other people on here, but you didnt have weight to lose as well. you've just toned up and defined more parts of your body!!
    - dont worry i wasn't scrutinizing your pictures for too long!!
    But well done :)

xx
  • violet976
    Options
    @ lulaloops: Thanks for that. I keep reminding myself of exactly what you said. I'll be the first to admit that I was a bit disappointed, but in reality, it's probably best as now I still have the motivation of getting my hands on a great after photo. I suppose if it was too easy I might have been inclined to think, "ok, well *that's* done". :p Now, I just keep thinking... "no way in hell, that's not the after photo I want to see". And really, 30 days really is no time at all to be expecting such drastic results when for the past 10 years I've done nothing but sit on my *kitten*, if I'm being painfully honest.

Thanks ladies for pulling me through this, & I certainly hope to see you guys on some more support groups. This particular group has been *awesome* <3
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 level 1.... Day 6&7 I did level 1&2... Weighed myself today and not lost anything...gutted.... Only measured myself on day 6 but don't see any difference.... I've been under my 1200 cals most days... HELP
  • violet976
    Options
    I'm on day 9 level 1.... Day 6&7 I did level 1&2... Weighed myself today and not lost anything...gutted.... Only measured myself on day 6 but don't see any difference.... I've been under my 1200 cals most days... HELP

I think you're bound to start seeing results partway into level 2, as it really is the hardest level & will push you more than level 1. Also, most on here seem to have lost in inches more than weight, & it is possible that you are building muscle while losing fat, which could be keeping your weight level.

Hang in there. I'm betting level 2 will deliver some progress for you.
  • louloubabydoll
    Options
    Thanks, really hope so. :tongue:
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you don't get off track and stop doing it completely that taking a couple of days off is fine. It gives your body time to recover. I did the shred twice - the first time I did the 30 days straight through - it kind of drove me crazy - I would make my schedule really chaotic and missed doing some fun stuff just because I felt like I HAD to do it every day or else. So take a couple of days off and then throw everything you've got at it when you start up again.
  • lulaloops
    Options
    This thread and the support and advice from everyone on here has definitely helped me the last 2 weeks, I don't know how I am finally about to embark on day 20 and day 10 of level 2!! finally going to be over and done with!! Go to bed, get up tomorrow morning, do my work out and that will be IT for level 2!! yay so excited. I did alot better today than the last few days, I think its mainly due to the fact I know I only have one more to go!!
    I know level 3 is harder but the fact so many of you have said you prefer it to level 2, im so glad its not just me who has had issues with level 2!! see with both 1 & 2 I've found im doing some of the workouts at beginner, some at push self and some in between so I know im varying it and getting the best I can out of it !
    Then got 2 days off over weekend, and start Level 3 monday eek! but won't think about that just yet, still have 1 more level 2 to go!

@louloubabydol - dont work yourself up over not seeing any results, especially in the weight area... I haven't seen much yet either and I've been doing it 20 days near enough, I have noticed a difference in the odd workout I do... everyones different, some will see major noticeable changes immediately, some will take a lot longer! you might find weight comes off in one go, in a few weeks time, rather than gradually over each week.. keep going and it will kick in don't worry :)

Thanks for the support and guidance guys it has really been so helpful!! and inspiring!! Keep up the good work peeps xx
  • lulaloops
    Options
    Level 2 DONE!! such an utter relief!!

2 days off and then start level 3 on Monday!! Happy days!! xx
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of level 1. Some moves still challenge me and push me, but I can see a definite improvement. I no longer wait for Jillian and the girls to start the next move and I go right into it (there are some rather big pauses inbetween moves). I took a peek at Levels 2 and 3, and so I will throw in some double jump ropes on this level just to push myself farther.

I actually enjoy the crunches and cardio of this level. What kills me the most are those squat & presses mixed in with the pushups, and those anterior raises w/ the side squat.

Very sad to report that I don't very much see any difference in myself or the way my clothes fit. I have been bouncing between 136 and 139 for months now..and I started this 30DS when I got up to 139 again. Since doing this, I have stuck there and the weight is not going down. I know it can be muscle or water, but it is somewhat discouraging none the less..

Level 2 tomorrow! aww yeah!
  • louloubabydoll
    Options
    I finished level 1 tonight too.... Looking forward to level 2 for a change.... Have done it twice already when I done my double days .. Found time passed a lot quicker than level 1...
  • readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am looking to start the 30ds on Monday. All three levels are posted on YouTube. Does anyone know if those are different from the DVD? I'd like to try it for a few days before I purchase the DVD. Thanks!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    No, they are exactly the same.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Had my 60-minute massage to celebrate finishing Level 2 on Tuesday, and the Amazing Ben (which is now my MT's official name, BTW) spent a good deal of that time working out the knots in my upper back and shoulders. He commented that I must have been working really hard on that area. I may have floated out of the spa. :happy:

Started Level 3 the very next day (Wednesday) and I have to say that I am in LOVE. I LOVE Level 3! I have done 2 days so far and I love it.

Did I mention that I love Level 3?

And yes, I am still modifying the jumpy moves. Just not ready for that much impact on my joints.

I plan to do Level 3 for at least 14 days, then I will probably rotate through Level 1, Biggest Loser CardioMax, and Level 3 - doing one day of each followed by a rest day.

By the way, did I mention that Level 3 rocks? :laugh:
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    ...Really, there is not much change to be seen, so I'll have to settle for just knowing that my body is surely in better shape because of this & hopefully on to bigger and better things.

Anyways... as promised, here's a link to my blog. If that does not work, let me know & I'll resize the photos to fit the forum thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/violet976/view/disappointing-30-day-mark-30-day-shred-448674

Violet! I see a definite difference in your butt. It is noticeably higher and more form-looking in your after photos. (Ok, it feels a wee bit awkward commenting like this on your butt... ) In your day 6 photos, you have a pretty typical thin-girl butt... but in your day 30 pics your butt looks positively juicy! ;)

See, I'm making hand gestures here that if you could see them would make a whole lot more sense. But since you can't I had to use an adjective and "juicy" was the best I could come up with. :laugh:

Congrats on sticking with it. You look great!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    After 10 days of level 1 here are my results:

Body Part: Day 1
    Weight: 190.0 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: 14.50 in
    Left Upper Arm: 14.00 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): 44.00 in
    Boobs (under boobs): 36.25 in
    Waist: 35.25 in
    Belly Button: 40.25 in
    Muffin Top: 43.50 in
    Hips: 46.00 in
    Right Thigh: 27.25 in
    Left Thigh: 27.5 in

Body Part: Day 10 (pre-day 11 workout)
    Weight: 191.2 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: 13.50 in
    Left Upper Arm: 13.00 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): 43.00 in
    Boobs (under boobs): 35.00 in
    Waist: 33.00 in
    Belly Button: 38.00 in
    Muffin Top: 41.25 in
    Hips: 44.00 in
    Right Thigh: 26.75 in
    Left Thigh: 26.50 in

Body Part: Change
    Weight: + 1.2 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: -1 in
    Left Upper Arm: -1 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): -1 in
    Boobs (under boobs): -1.25 in
    Waist: -2.25 in
    Belly Button: -2.25 in
    Muffin Top: -2.25 in
    Hips: -2 in
    Right Thigh: -0.5 in
    Left Thigh: -1 in

Total Inches Lost Thus Far: 14.5 inches!

Day 10 Progress Pics
    1_10SB_F.png
    1_10SB_L.png
    1_10SB_R.png
    1_10U_F.png
    1_10U_L.png
    1_10U_R.png

So excited to get to day 20 and day 30!

In just 10 days, you look so good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!