starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Finished day 7 of level 2. I also can't wait to get to level 3. However, I am not losing weight--I am losing inches which I never thought would happen!:smile:
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm picking up the dvd Friday and planning to start Monday. I read from many of you that there are jumping jacks etc. I have damage to my spine from years ago and I know jumping will be a problem. Does anyone have a suggestion that I can instead that will be easier on my back? Is it just a cardio thing? If I jump on the eliptical or bike will that do? The last thing I want is to do more damage.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Amazing RACHIE - and thank you for sharing. I was relieved to see that you had gone UP in weight but DOWN in inches.

I'm about to start my 4th day of level 1 and so far i'm going through 2 things: i've gained about 1 lb, and i'm just not very hungry. It took a lot just to get up to 1143 calories yesterday. :\

Does anyone have a suggestion that I can instead that will be easier on my back? Is it just a cardio thing? If I jump on the eliptical or bike will that do? The last thing I want is to do more damage.

Like I said above, i'm only just into level 1. There are a lot of moves that "jump" though. I guess the idea really is to just get your heart rate up, so just do that any way you can I guess. Better than risking injury! She does this move where you squat down a bit and punch, and thats a nice cardio alternative without hopping. Bike/elliptical could work too..just be sure to give it all you got and really push!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm picking up the dvd Friday and planning to start Monday. I read from many of you that there are jumping jacks etc. I have damage to my spine from years ago and I know jumping will be a problem. Does anyone have a suggestion that I can instead that will be easier on my back? Is it just a cardio thing? If I jump on the eliptical or bike will that do? The last thing I want is to do more damage.

It is a cardio thing, intended to raise the heart rate. I do a modified jumping jack. In fact, I modify all the jumping moves so be low- or no-impact. For jump rope I "bounce" up on my toes. For butt kickers I do a high-step march. I'm just not comfortable with that much boune-bounce-jump right now. :)

I had to take a break from the Shred today. Not because of injury, I'm just really really bored with Level 2. But I know I am not ready for Level 3 yet. So I opened my other DVD - Biggest Loser Cardio Max. I did Level 1 and oooooo wee! It wasn't difficult at all, but it was a LOT more cardio work than I have done in a long, long, long time. It didn't do much for my muscles, but I know I definitely got a cardio workout.

Back to Level 2 tomorrow.
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So just done my day 4 of level 2, day 14 in total!! And think level 2 is finally starting to kick in, yes its horrible and still cannot wait till I get onto level 3 but I found that the 28 minutes went as quick as they did in level 1, whereas last 3 days they have dragged!! Hate this level by all means but managed to get through it with only one hate comment to JM!!

Jumping jacks, and anything 'bounce' related can be modified to suit invidivual needs, obviously as you will find when you watch there are 2 others as well as Jillian, one for expert and one for beginner, focus on her and then adapt the bounce to suit you!

There are things I have modified in level 2, because I can't do due to flooring, or physically cannot do so alter to an exercise that still works what she is doing but in a slightly diff way!

I stayed the same at my WW this week, so can only assume have lost inches (heres hoping!!) as mentioned in previous post, never measured before I started, but will do tomorrow as will be half way through!
    I have measurements from when I got my dress for my wedding next year back in August, so can work off those see if they have had any change!! obviously may not be all down to 30DS but will see if has helped as havent lost that much weight since August!!
  • rachiegrl6
    rachiegrl6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dayum, rachiegrl! That's just after ten days!? Any other activity?

Nope - just the 27 minute video! I'm excited for level 2 and 3 - it's gonna be good results. I can just feel it!
  • rachiegrl6
    Options
    Wow rachiegirl!! after 10 days?! good stuff! keep up the good work eh!!

Thanks!
  • rachiegrl6
    Options
    Amazing RACHIE - and thank you for sharing. I was relieved to see that you had gone UP in weight but DOWN in inches.

I'm about to start my 4th day of level 1 and so far i'm going through 2 things: i've gained about 1 lb, and i'm just not very hungry. It took a lot just to get up to 1143 calories yesterday. :\

Thank you! Yes, I have been staying static on the weight but I can tell that I feel smaller and obviously the measurements and the photos speak for themselves. Don't worry so much about the weight not going down right away. The inches are melting!!!
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well done day 15... now off for two days!! thankfully!!!

Just taken all my measurements, didnt do it at the start, but when I got my wedding dress measured back in end of Aug/September time, my measurements were:
    36 - 28 - 38
    now they are:
    33.5 - 27 - 38
    . . . . so chest & waist have had a change but nothing on the hip front yet!!
    I need to be:
    34.5 - 26- 37.5
    . . . for the dress I have had ordered . . . so chest is fine, waist im sure i can lose that 1inch and 1/2inch for hips.... not to shabby!

Thats with another 15 days of the shred plus 9lb AND then come the new year, 5 months of exercise!!

Fingers crossed!! x
  • barb_32
    barb_32 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the results after only 10 days! The changes already are amazing, keep up the hard work!
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am looking forward to seeing the results. I want to buy a new dress for New Years and I am hoping to buy one a few sizes smaller. The plan is to have this program finished by then. It will be interesting to see what happens by then. :happy:
  • axelorate
    axelorate Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day Two - Level One fin.

I was unable to do my second day yesterday because I did not wake up early enough and had class after work. Normally a day off like that so early on makes it so much easier for me to give up, but I didn't :D

Definitely think the support I receive on this website helped out with that. I have no idea how you all are so much more motivating than the caloriecount users, but thank you, damn it.

Now for wine and Dance Central!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Now that I figured out how to actually post pictures, I wanted to share with all of you my results! Now, just incase anyone is curious - I did NOT follow the JM diet plan, but I stayed within my calorie limit. Also, I didn't do the whole dvd 30 days straight. Most weeks I took off Saturday and Sunday. I think I lost around 10lbs with the dvd, and I rarely did any extra exercise with it (maybe once or twice a week sporadically). Unfortunately, I took my measurements half way through, and I believe I lost the most inches within the first half. BUT my pictures are from the beginning to the end.....and here they are......:smile:

30dsSideView.jpg

30dsTummy.jpg

I don't believe anything is HUGELY noticeable, but I wanted to share with everyone in this post that kept me motivated throughout this 30 day journey.

Feel free to add me as a friend, next I will be doing Ripped in 30. Thanks for reading :flowerforyou:

^ In my opinion, you can see a noticeable change. I see it in your "tummy" area and in your back. Keep it up, you are doing great. Thank you for posting. You are a great inspiration.:flowerforyou:
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I think I must be on crack. Or high on something. Or maybe just plain mental.

Today I did Level 2... and then I did Level 1 right after.

What. was. I. thinking?

:noway:

I know that some people do this. I know that some people think this workout is not challenging enough and so they regularly do 2 levels back-to-back. I know that some people find even *that* not challenging enough. Good for them.

I am NOT some people! I weigh 275 pounds and if I jump or bounce too much my enormous boobs will blacken both of my eyes! I am pretty sure that somewhere midway through the second circuit of Level 1, I actually died.

Like I said... I must be mental.

But on the bright side, I have plenty of calories banked for the birthday party we're going to tonight. :happy:
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

I am NOT some people! I weigh 275 pounds and if I jump or bounce too much my enormous boobs will blacken both of my eyes! I am pretty sure that somewhere midway through the second circuit of Level 1, I actually died.

:p This made my morning.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I think I must be on crack. Or high on something. Or maybe just plain mental.

Today I did Level 2... and then I did Level 1 right after.

What. was. I. thinking?

:noway:

I know that some people do this. I know that some people think this workout is not challenging enough and so they regularly do 2 levels back-to-back. I know that some people find even *that* not challenging enough. Good for them.

Like I said... I must be mental.

But on the bright side, I have plenty of calories banked for the birthday party we're going to tonight. :happy:

LOL, this made me laugh! Congratulations! I never even considered doing 2 levels an option :)

Rachie - AMAZING, AMAZING progress after just 10 days. Thank you so much for sharing these photos, they give me so much hope and motivate me immensely! I'm looking so much forward to seeing my after pics! (will be taking them after 30 full days of exercising).

Violet, any time I respond to your post I have to laugh when I see my avatar under yours. It's like the cats in mine staring at the rat in yours :)
  • violet976
    Options
    @ SleeplessinBerlin: LOL. That's too funny. I don't know how I missed that until now. :p

- 30 Day Shred, day 25 (day 6 of level 3)

Did the routine again with a good playlist going, and it really does make a world of difference. I still only made it through half of the plank arm/leg lifts alternating with the pushups for the advanced level, but that's more than I did on day 1 of level 3. & I still find that pausing for a few seconds and dancing to the music helps get me through the areas that really kick my butt. :p

... 4 more days to go, and I'm feeling soooo excited. I'm not really expecting to see much difference in my day 6 vs day 30 photos, but I'm still pumped to move into Killer Buns & Thighs next to see if there are any results to be had there.
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 27 (day 7 of level 3 *had to fix my day count as I mangled it somehow*), and I can definitely say it's getting easier. Still not cakewalk, but I'm actually enjoying this level now if I crank my own music up. I feel *much* more capable that I did at the beginning, my breathing has improved and I'm not nearly as out of breath, but a few of the jumping exercises still catch up with me in muscle soreness.

Loving the results I'm seeing in my stomach. Starting to see some bits of definition and it really is staying flatter most of the day. Not seeing what I hoped for in the butt & thighs, but I now feel like I have the energy and endurance to keep going & I feel like I am capable of getting myself there one day. Also thinking about incorporating in some yoga, as my posture & sore spot on my back are irking me, and I'm hoping the yoga will do the trick. My back injury isn't hurting more than usual, but now that I'm really trying to look better & improve my posture, I find that I can't hold a good back stance for more than 30 seconds before that spot on my back makes itself known...

Just 3 days left... what's next? :p
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    D1L2 finally. did not do a real work out m-f this week.i actually like level 2, i think.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3, Level 3. Feeling a bit sore today, especially in my butt and upper thighs. But it's okay. I'm giving myself 2 more days with the modified version of the exercises, after that I'm trying the advanced one on at least some of them. (In level 2 I actually went for the advanced one straight away, maybe that's why I hated it so much!).

I also went for a 2h walk today and I feel really good about it.

I'll have to try playing my own music during the workout. I just have to figure out which songs have got the best pace.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!