Replies

• LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Day 10 of level 2 tomorrow with 6.6 lb weights
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3, Level 3. Feeling a bit sore today, especially in my butt and upper thighs. But it's okay. I'm giving myself 2 more days with the modified version of the exercises, after that I'm trying the advanced one on at least some of them. (In level 2 I actually went for the advanced one straight away, maybe that's why I hated it so much!).

I also went for a 2h walk today and I feel really good about it.

I'll have to try playing my own music during the workout. I just have to figure out which songs have got the best pace.

I actually begin by trying to do as many of the advanced as I can, then when I poop out I just finish out the rest of that exercise with the beginner. I figure that way I've given it as much as I can each time, and I hope every few days to see that I last just a little bit longer on each advanced before I cave.
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 done. Yay!!! I'm still at it!!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Level 2 again today. Tomorrow will be my last day on Level 2. (insert happy dance here) I really feel like I have earned the 60 minute massage I have scheduled for tomorrow night!

Today (day 20? 25? somewhere in there) was really the first time that I felt a lot of improvement on this level. I could tell that I was giving it my all - not "phoning it in" - but when I was done, my HRM said I had burned about 25% fewer calories than when I first did Level 2. I guess that's an NSV, although it hardly seems fair. ;)

Level 3 has me completely terrified, but I'm gonna do it on Wednesday. Prayers are appreciated. :)
  • violet976
    Options
    Level 2 again today. Tomorrow will be my last day on Level 2. (insert happy dance here) I really feel like I have earned the 60 minute massage I have scheduled for tomorrow night!

Today (day 20? 25? somewhere in there) was really the first time that I felt a lot of improvement on this level. I could tell that I was giving it my all - not "phoning it in" - but when I was done, my HRM said I had burned about 25% fewer calories than when I first did Level 2. I guess that's an NSV, although it hardly seems fair. ;)

Level 3 has me completely terrified, but I'm gonna do it on Wednesday. Prayers are appreciated. :)

Don't be terrified. I love level 3 SO MUCH MORE than level 2. In fact... I'm back to getting up and being excited to do level 3, whereas I'm still dreading going back to doing level 2 again after my 30 days are up and I begin alternating the levels each day. That's how bad I think level 2 is, and I've pretty much completed both 2 & 3 at this point.

I think level 2 is the devil.
  • wizbeth1218
    Options

Don't be terrified. I love level 3 SO MUCH MORE than level 2. In fact... I'm back to getting up and being excited to do level 3, whereas I'm still dreading going back to doing level 2 again after my 30 days are up and I begin alternating the levels each day. That's how bad I think level 2 is, and I've pretty much completed both 2 & 3 at this point.

I think level 2 is the devil.

Oh good. Good good good good. Yay. :)

I also like the idea of alternating the levels each day. I had wondered what I was going to do when I was done with Level 3.
  • violet976
    Options
    Wizbeth: Just go into level 3 like I did. Simply do as much of each exercise as you can, and if you can't do the full interval for any, sub in some squats or other routine. Anything seems to work so long as you don't stop & give the full level your all. I myself gave each advanced try a go, and when I couldn't do anymore I moved right back to the beginners, and if I still couldn't truck through the 30 seconds or so of that exercise I subbed in some squats to finish it out. I also drank a lot more water in this level, focused on my breathing more, and eventually added my own music to keep it interesting.

Really though, this level just seemed easier to me. Still hard, but achievable, unlike level 2 felt to me... which just felt like death. On this level I felt more progress each day: a few more advanced pushups, lasting a bit longer on the planks, etc. working your way on each exercise from advanced to beginner to a sub move really helps to show you the progress each day as well.

As for what to do after, I had planned on moving on to killer buns & thighs but need to get my dvd back, hence the subbing in of 30DS (which I really like anyway)
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am starting Day 8.. moving up to Level 2 tonight. It has been fun so far!!!
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    i'm doing this program as a push for my vacation. i'll be finishing the 30 days slightly before i'm set to leave, so i was thinking i'll keep carrying on with level 3 til i leave? something like 15 days of level 3. is this crazy? should i just pick up a different activity for that interim?
  • violet976
    Options
    - 30 Day Shred, day 28 (day 8 of level 3) :):):)

Doing better. I now pause between the harder exercises for about 30 seconds to regroup, and find it helps me push through each bit with more endurance. I just hit pause after each hard exercise & dance to my music, then hit play and go at it again. I figure I probably get more out of it that way rather than collapsing to the floor. :p

I'm still a tad bummed that I'm not completely ripped with a nice tight bum yet *sarcasm*, but definitely looking forward to continuing on this path. What a difference 30 days has made in kickstarting a great lifestyle change. <3

2 more days!!!
  • coburngirl
    coburngirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 1, restarting after never sticking to it long enough to get out of level 1. Do love my treadmill and weights tho and sounds like no one likes level 2, so I'm really looking forward to that :)
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 4 done. I'm starting to feel stronger.
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    Did my last day of Level 2 today! Yes, those are angels singing!

I am SO looking forward to my 60 minute massage tonight. While I am there I will schedule my next massage for about 4 weeks out, and that's when I will be done with Level 3.

Wahoo! Angels are singing again!

I will have hubby take some progress pics tonight. I have dropped around 40 pounds since starting the Shred, but I had a *whole lot* of weight to lose so I know I can't attribute all of that loss to the workout (if that makes sense). What I am most excited about is seeing the difference in how the shape of my body has changed since starting the Shred.

Keep shredding, friends! It works!
  • Jpinson16
    Options
    Hi, wanted to see if I could upload pic from photo bucket...this is a test:)

2012-08-18_16-49-08_476.jpg
  • violet976
    Options
    - 30 Day Shred, day 29 (day 9 of level 3)

It felt so good knowing that tomorrow is my 30 day mark, with only 1 partial rest day (did level 2 that day, but didn't have weights on hand). I *think* I might see the slightest change in my stomach so I'll be curious to see the photo comparison tomorrow vs day 6. & really looking forward to beginning Killer Buns & Thighs on Saturday when I get my dvd back. <3
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    wow! totally noticable! good job!
  • yugevorgsum
    yugevorgsum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is a noticeable change in definition - really well done!
  • violet976
    Options
    Hi, wanted to see if I could upload pic from photo bucket...this is a test:)

2012-08-18_16-49-08_476.jpg

Do you have before & afters? I'm assuming you've been doing more than just the 30 day shred, correct?
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Really struggling this week with motivation... I'm into my 2nd week of Level 2, I have weekends off, so am now on Day 18.
    I don't know if its because due to other things happening I've not been able to do my days workout until 5/6pm but I am really struggling this week... some of the exercises I can't do for the whole time and some of them I have completely given up trying to attempt so just done something from Workout 1 - I know thats a good thing as I'm not giving up, I'm still doing it but just altering it, but I'm feeling really bleurgh and deflated over it!
    I do tend to get like this after commiting myself for 3 weeks, its like all my body is motivated to do! But I'm still doing it and still going so thats a good thing I guess....
    In 2 minutes it'll be 12pm so will go and do my workout for today, see if doing it that bit earlier in the day makes any difference...but the feeling in my gut is the same as the other days this week, not the determination I have had the last 15 days!!

Hmmm!!! Hope it'll pass cause I want to be able to complete an exercise task for once!! without giving up during it!!

help!?!

EDIT: Just done today, and half way through I nearly burst into tears, I feel like I'm doing worse than Day 1 Level 1!! I don't know whats going on, surely I should be getting better by now!? Last week was a struggle but by the end of the week I could see an improvement in the moves for level 2, but now I feel worse than when I first started Level 2.... whats going on? help please...feeling really stupid & like a failure at moment!!!
  • kdzi
    kdzi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS for the second time last night, but I'm going to call it "day 1" (since the last time I did it was a few weeks back as a test to see whether I *could* do it). I cursed those women the whole time, but I'm actually kinda psyched to do it again tonight. And, since I got it on Amazon Prime...I can do it from my iPad while we are away for Thanksgiving! I'm sure there will be cans of vegetables or soda bottles or something I can use as improvised weights. I look forward to posting results in 30 days or so!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!