Replies

• JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • axelorate
    axelorate Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I have 7 workouts left on the 30ds, I started Oct. 1. I was not in shape at all when I stared this workout and I felt it when I woke up the next morning after my first work out. I powered through day 2 and then took a rest day. I remember being very thankful I took that rest day because it made a huge difference! Since then I haven't found myself so sore I can't do any more. I do take rest days for a couple reasons; 1) for the obvious reason, to let my body rest and 2) because life happens and there are days I just can't get that work out in.

Thanks! I guess I'll just stop being such a wuss :]
  • barb_32
    barb_32 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15, level 2 of the 30 day shred. It's a challege and I look forward to moving on to level 3. I've been doing the routine everyday except on Sunday. Also I've noticed results, my body is already toning up. Today I actually looked at myself and noticed some definition in my arms, legs, back and a little line starting on my stomach ( I'll call it baby abs). It's hard to drag myself out of bed in the morning to workout but so far worth it.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    i'll take baby abs any day of the week!
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this? Thanks.

Questions: I know most people say, "Just do what works for you,".. but I must know how you folks that do it every day power through the muscle soreness. I started this program briefly about 3 years ago and distinctly remember being too sore to workout for 2-3 days afterwards.

I started this 2 weeks ago and i am no gym bunny or lover of exercise in any shape or form! How ive kept it up for 12 days so far i do not know!!

I found i was achey after day 1 (level 1) for a few hours in the afternoon, then it cleared but then after i did day 2 i was so achey and so sore all afternoon and evening, couldnt do stairs or walking properly etc, but took some ibuprofen on the night and was a lot better in the morn, legs still ached abit but powered through day 3... then i was fine. I had rest day on sat and sun, and on sat woke up to a sore knee but as had rest days that cleared before i started up again on the Monday.
    Now onto level 2, i don't seem to ache as much, i do immediately after but im obviously getting used to it and stretching properly etc! A hot shower straight after also helps!

Off to do day 3 of level 2... urgh, 7 to go!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this? Thanks.

Questions: I know most people say, "Just do what works for you,".. but I must know how you folks that do it every day power through the muscle soreness. I started this program briefly about 3 years ago and distinctly remember being too sore to workout for 2-3 days afterwards.

Did you space out the days at first and then gradually work your way up to every day? Or are you all in relatively decent shape already?

Starting tomorrow and genuinely terrified based on previous experience.

I am not overweight so I'm sure that makes a very big difference in being able to pull through this, but I am very, very out of shape since I never, ever bothered to exercise. I'm on my first few days of level 3, and I can say that it was no cakewalk for me. I fall to my knees at points, have to improvise a few of the exercises that are too hard on my knees (though I am now taking joint supplements), and I am utterly out of breath during and after each full routine. I do not prefer to take rest days, as for myself I find the routines harder to do after a rest day. I have, however, learned that if I feel truly exhausted in the morning (when I like to do my routine) I *will not* allow myself to do it until later that day, as I wont put the same energy into it and it will feel much, much harder.

I can say that the muscle soreness feels like something that just has be worked through. Day 1 of each level always feels better than day 3 or 4, where those muscles of mine take the worst beating, and then it goes uphill from there.
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    - 30 Day Shred, day 22 (day 3 of level 3) ***without weights***

I had to cram this in at my mothers house today while I wait for the stray kitty with ear cancer to be done with her vet appointment. I didn't have weights here, but I figured it was better than not doing the routine & tomorrow I'll consider it a repeat of my day 3/level 3.

... I must say though, it is *much* more enjoyable without any weights. :p
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Another day of Level 2 done today. This was the first day (out of more than 14 on Level 2) that I felt that sense of RAWR! after finishing a set. In Level 1 I remember having that feeling around Day 5.

Based on that alone, I would say that Level 2 is more difficult than Level 1 (duh). Up until now I have just kind of whimpered pitifully at the end of each set (meaning 30 seconds, not 3 minutes!).

I can say that I do feel like I am pushing myself harder each time I do it. A little deeper in the lunges, a little higher with the v-lifts, a little more jump with the skaters. I guess that's progress, right?

Does anyone else stretch a LOT more than the 8 or 9 seconds total that Jillian does? I had the worst soreness after the 1st day of Level 1 when I only stretched the little bit she does. Ever since I stretch a LOT longer and that has really helped.
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Some days I did two videos in one day to keep up with the schedule.
  • AndreaSchultz77
    Options
    What is the average calorie burn for these workouts? I am going to start it tonight!
  • Get120
    Get120 Posts: 56
    Options
    I dine 30DS and really "liked" it. I only lost 8 lbs but def seen a difference in my body. I have my results in my pictures in here if you want to add me to see them fee free :-) Im doing Ripped in 30 now, started week 2 today.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    I started 30 day shred and had to stop my bladder is so weak I had no control it was awful!im thinking i could start again but avoid jumping jacks I was ok with every other aspect!
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3, I really had to push to get through some of the sets. I don't feel like death afterward though. Just a little sore, nothing I can't handle. I think i'm gonna do 4 days on, one day off till I finish it. :)
  • 4EverFit2B
    4EverFit2B Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :embarassed:
    Same here...seems like I was stronger on DAY 1!!
    I am about to go and do Day 4 of level one and I am really getting nervous that I am gonig to not make it through the weights...I may have to put up the 5's and switch to 3's!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 is on schedule for tonight! Although I can honestly admit that I'm gonna have to force myself to do it! I just want to curl up in bed and veg out but I keep asking myself why I can't give just 27 minutes so that I can see the results I want. I have yet to come up with a good answer so it looks like Day 5 it is!! :grumble:
  • rachiegrl6
    rachiegrl6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    After 10 days of level 1 here are my results:

Body Part: Day 1
    Weight: 190.0 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: 14.50 in
    Left Upper Arm: 14.00 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): 44.00 in
    Boobs (under boobs): 36.25 in
    Waist: 35.25 in
    Belly Button: 40.25 in
    Muffin Top: 43.50 in
    Hips: 46.00 in
    Right Thigh: 27.25 in
    Left Thigh: 27.5 in

Body Part: Day 10 (pre-day 11 workout)
    Weight: 191.2 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: 13.50 in
    Left Upper Arm: 13.00 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): 43.00 in
    Boobs (under boobs): 35.00 in
    Waist: 33.00 in
    Belly Button: 38.00 in
    Muffin Top: 41.25 in
    Hips: 44.00 in
    Right Thigh: 26.75 in
    Left Thigh: 26.50 in

Body Part: Change
    Weight: + 1.2 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: -1 in
    Left Upper Arm: -1 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): -1 in
    Boobs (under boobs): -1.25 in
    Waist: -2.25 in
    Belly Button: -2.25 in
    Muffin Top: -2.25 in
    Hips: -2 in
    Right Thigh: -0.5 in
    Left Thigh: -1 in

Total Inches Lost Thus Far: 14.5 inches!

Day 10 Progress Pics
    1_10SB_F.png
    1_10SB_L.png
    1_10SB_R.png
    1_10U_F.png
    1_10U_L.png
    1_10U_R.png

So excited to get to day 20 and day 30!
  • axelorate
    axelorate Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Dayum, rachiegrl! That's just after ten days!? Any other activity?

I started like I said I would even though I didn't feel like it. Booya. It wasn't as bad as I remember, although we'll see if I'm singing the same tune tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for making it seem less frightening :D

I am well on my way.. to becoming shredded.
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow rachiegirl!! after 10 days?! good stuff! keep up the good work eh!!
    I stupidly didnt measure myself before I started but what I might do is tomorrow it will be day 15, so officially half way through, i might take my measurements then, after my workout then I'll take them after my day 30 workout and see the difference!!
    I'm hoping I lose the weight too as thats the primary reason I'm doing it! I have 9lb left to lose on WW so hoping this kickstarts that!

But again, well done!!! xx
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I got all the way to day 21 then I found it soul destroyingly boring :sad: I lost 9lbs in that 21 days and inches from everywhere but Jillian is soooo irritating and I just couldnt take any more even though I had her on mute. Ive stolen her 2min strength, 1min abs, 1min cardio system and made up my own 30min circuit with a few bits stolen from NROLFW thrown in.
    I tip my hat to anyone who can complete the Shred, its anything but easy!
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So I just started yesterday with level 1 as a preparation to my vacation! I hope Im gonna be able to advance fast and pull through to achieve some of those amazing results you guys aqchieved. I shall keep you posted! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!