Something exciting to do with chicken???

Options

Replies

• jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Beat an egg with 1 TBS of Honey and 1TBS of Dijon Mustard salt pepper. Dredge chicken in egg mixture then coat it in Corn Flake crumbs. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. I also like to pound out the chicken flat before breading it.

Not incredibly fancy but it adds a lot of flavor to a normally dull diet on my end. I always look forward to it when I make it.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    maple pretzel chicken..i have the recipe somewhere, or try the new kraft things..i get the cheese and bacon one..good luck ( sorry, im WAY too tired to think:wink: )
  • lajuice7
    lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm trying cranberry glazed almond chicken for the first time tonight.
    1 can cranberry sauce (whole or jellied doesnt matter)
    a few tablespoons of orange juice blend them together (or heat in pan to melt and blend, it was just easier to throw it into the processor for me.)
    1 tablespoon of sliced almonds (I also threw them into the processor to chop slightly and mix into the sauce.)

Pour that over 5 chicken breasts and bake for 45 mins to an hour.

Mine is currently marinating in the fridge in the baking dish...I'll see how it comes out tonight.

I don't usually respond to my own posts, but I wanted to let you all know that HOLY WOW that was goooooood.

Let me know how it tastes!

It sounds lovely.
  • lajuice7
    lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Beat an egg with 1 TBS of Honey and 1TBS of Dijon Mustard salt pepper. Dredge chicken in egg mixture then coat it in Corn Flake crumbs. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. I also like to pound out the chicken flat before breading it.

Not incredibly fancy but it adds a lot of flavor to a normally dull diet on my end. I always look forward to it when I make it.

I made this yesterday before I saw your post..how bizarre...and yes it was wonderfully tasty...I will definitely do this again. Thanks :-)
  • lilchaos1971
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, there is a great app called "all recipes" spinner. It lets you put in what type of items, with what as the main ingredient, and how long. After that, it gives you a bunch of recipes. I got a chicken taco tortilla soup recipe which is great. I made my own taco spices instead of using the prepackage mix and used no-salt tomatoes to cut down on the salt. The recipe for the taco seasoning is in the reviews.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Easy- Put a couple spoons of your favourite salsa or tomato sauce over a chicken breast and top with your favorite shredded cheese. Bake for about 40 min at 375F.

A little more challanging- Sautee some onion garlic and your favorite veggies in about 1 tbsp of oil, toss in a tbsp of curry powder. Fry the spices a little to release their flavor. Add some diced chicken breast. Add a couple tablespoons tomato paste, and some water or broth to make a sauce. Simmer and serve over rice.
  • tawnajean
    Options
    Yum!
  • shortyme101
    Options
    I fry onion and garlic in butter and transfer to oven dish. Add tumeric , cinnamon or two split in half cinnamon sticks and chopped root ginger and more butter to pan. Add chicken and cook a few minutes in the mixture turning it. Transfer all this to oven dish cover and cook till chicken is tender. My favourite way.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the Skinnytaste.com website. I think the ladies name is Gina. Im from Australia but it is an American website. She has some really yummy (and family friendly) recipes and she tells you the Cals per serve too. Good Luck!

I second this! I just discovered this website last week and I am already in love. I made the crockpot chicken cacciatore last week and it was so yummy over some whole wheat spaghetti. There are soooo many recipes on there and I want to try them all.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Simply throw a few chicken breasts in the crockpot with a large pot of extra chunky salsa and set it up for 8 hours... add your fav veggies...
    If you dont have a crockpot.. get one.. seriously...
  • JGarmon24K
    Options
    I have two good recipies and they are both really quick to throw together too!

Take your boneless skinless chicken breast and lay them on a baking sheet. Salt and Pepper the chicken then apply a mixture of 1/2 sour cream and 1/2 shredded parmesan cheese (NOT the stuff you sprinkle on spaghetti and pizza, but actual shredded parmesan!). Spread the mixture on top of each piece of chicken until it has a good coating of the mixture, then sprinkle with italian bread crumbs and bake! 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.

This one is on the back of the Shake N Bake Extra Crispy box! - Salt and Pepper your boneless skinless chicken breast then roll them in barbeque sauce then roll them in the extra crispy shake n bake, then bake on 400 for about 30 minutes!!

Both of these are DELICIOUS and are FAVORITES in my house and if I can please all 6 of us in my house, then there is something to brag about! Of course, you can use low fat or fat free sour cream and cheese to make them a little less fattening altough neither of these are too horrible...I usually only eat a 1/2 piece at each meal. ENJOY!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
  • TimmyT66
    Options
    Silver foil with some green pesto on place chicken breast on top of pesto open it, put in sliced cherry tomatoes, chopped pepper (green or red) little bit of mozzerella cheese, and few pine nuts, close it up, bit more pesto on top, wrap up in the silver foil and cook in oven for 30 mins
  • KD5NTL
    KD5NTL Posts: 9
    Options
    try this I made this tonight and served with speghetti ( 1 cup add 200 cal ) http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/chicken-marsala/
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Tandoori Chicken
    Epicure's tasty Indian-inspired spice blends offer the known benefits of turmeric. Enjoy this easy dish barbecued or baked, hot or cold – only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to prep!

Makes 4 servings

Cost Per Serving: 2.90
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Ingredients
    2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
    1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat plain yogurt
    1 Tbsp (15 ml) Epicure's Tandoori Seasoning
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Instructions
    1. Whisk first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl or baking dish. Add chicken, coat, cover and marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
    2. Preheat oven to 350° C (175° F). Roast chicken 30 minutes or, for an authentic, fire-touched taste, slowly grill on a barbecue over medium heat for 10–15 minutes per side.

Per Serving : Calories 230, Fat 5 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 33 g.

Teriyaki Chicken

5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    2 teaspoons brown sugar
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
    4 chicken thighs

1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
    2. Put in pot or frying pan and cook until no longer pink in middle.
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    Take some boneless skinless breasts, smash them flat as you can get them (nice and thin). Spread a piece of low fat Swiss and a wedge of laughing cow lite cream cheese in middle. Roll it up and secure with toothpicks. Spray with fat free butter and coat with shake and bake EXTRA crispy. Bake in oven. My favorite with some (low fat prepared) mashed potatoes and corn! (Count your toothpicks though) you could even add some spinach or other veggie in the middle.
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    fajittas! never boring!
  • myeca77
    myeca77 Posts: 18
    Options
    Ha!!!