What makes you unfriend somone?

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I rarely have any real "issues" with people, but I don't like to keep people around who aren't compatible with me. I tend to keep people who are logging daily, working out hard, and working toward their goals. I generally don't keep people around who are undereaters or on some fad or starvation diet.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    If they don't log in for a month or two, they are gone. If they don't support me, they are gone. If they are whiners that "This is hard" each and every day, they are gone. If they are negative towards me, my lifestyle, my food choices, they are gone. Basically, log in, be nice, and support me and I'll keep you around.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Tough guys with shirtless pics in the mirror flexing... and women with over-gratuitous myspace-angle boob shots.

They just scream, "Look at me, I'm an attention wh*re!"

This too - that so turns me off
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    The only thing that bugs me is when someone is constantly lecturing on my food choices.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    If they havent logged in for more than a few days to a week. Or if they dont talk (in any way-comments, messages, etc.) to me.

This one
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I unfriend people who don't interact with me. Or are attention *kitten*. Or are stupid. Or aren't funny. Or aren't interesting.

Mostly, if they don't interact, though, because I rarely make mistakes when accepting friend requests. I am very particular.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    pretty much the only reason I unfriend is if someone is inactive...I normally send intro messages..random messages...comment lots...if you don't respond..then that's kind of an insult...even if its to say shut up lol

and of course those who complain about everything and never do any kind of workout...huge red flags to me
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've only unfriended one person: S/he was very funny and posted often, just not about health/fitness. It turns out this person wasn't really into weight-loss, kept saying s/he was going to start next Monday, next month, next whatever. I realized that this person was all talk and no action.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    When they don't encourage or support
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    - Hasn't logged in for a month or more
    - Never interacts with me( the main reason 90% of the time)
    - Whines or complains all of the time
    - Extremely politically or religiously outspoken
    - Male bashing
    - Under-eating regularly
    - Doesn't show me her boobies. :tongue:
  • moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really only delete someone if they consistently eat/net below 1000 calories. That's considered anorexic, and being a recovered anorexic I can't be seeing that, let alone supporting that type of behavior.

I would probably also delete someone if they were rude...but I have yet to come across someone on my friends list that is. Spelling or horrible grammar also gets to me, but I'm not really sure I would delete someone over that -- it's not their personality, so I can't hold it against them.

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you on this one. I am consistently eating less than 1000 calories a day right now... but, I have had weight loss surgery and am following my doctor's instructions. When I get closer to my maintenance range, I will up my calories to beyond 1000, but that will probably be a couple of months from now. Honestly, at the stage I'm at, 1000 calories a day would be hard to get in because I still have such tight restriction.

I agree that there are some people who eat less than 1000 calories a day who are anorexic, but I think we walk a dangerous line anytime we make blanket statements like this one. Again, I am following my doctor's instructions. If anything, it was my compulsiuon for overeating, which is also an eating disorder, that put me to a point where I needed the surgery to begin with.

Glad you are recovering, because I know how difficult that can be. Good luck in your continued success! :)
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    General dislike of them on my feed.
    Doesn't interact.
    Hasn't been on in 7 days.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    - Male bashing
    - Under-eating regularly

Ha!!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    If they are not active and supportive and encourage, would be the main reason.

Ditto. And if they are just collecting friends or unhealthy habits.
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    I never ad friends outside of my personal circle. I usually just interact via the message boards. I am human, I make mistakes, and know what I need to do to be healthy. I dont really need people criticizing my progress or the BANDS I may like, and if I do you are all here anyway....lol.
  • FranWins
    FranWins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    for me I got a message scolding me because I went over by 150 calories one day. I had been under 3 days in a row because I wasn't hungry and try to average my BMR over the week. Pure annoyance.

Oh I HATE!!!!! those people!!!

So this is something that happens regularly?!? I've never encountered this one... maybe I've just been lucky. Wow...

It is especially frustrating when you are either zig zagging calories or were set low to begin with lol if I go over I can a sure I do so on purpose. Its usually someone that doesnt even look at the food choices, they just see the red and comment. Super annoying.

I can imagine! That would get an immediate "unfriending" in my book... I'm here for support and to support others, NOT give unsolicited advice about eating habits. Ridiculous.

Precisely why my eating diary is not public (or even available to friends or "friends"). I'm not looking for unsolicited diet advice - everyone's body is different, what works for one doesn't work for all, we're allowed to stray once in a while.

Incidentally... I haven't unfriended anyone, but someone unfriended me. When I sent a PM asking her if I had offended her, she never replied, but she had changed her profile to say that she won't be friends with anyone who does not keep their food diary open. I suspect she may be one of these obnoxious people you speak of...

Alternatively, I had another friend who DID unlock her diary because she was specifically looking for advice about what she had been eating recently.

No one has the right to demand any information on this site from you. If someone says, "Well I can't help you if you don't...." just move on. It doesn't take policing someone else's eating or exercise habits to be able to say something encouraging.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I really only delete someone if they consistently eat/net below 1000 calories. That's considered anorexic, and being a recovered anorexic I can't be seeing that, let alone supporting that type of behavior.

I would probably also delete someone if they were rude...but I have yet to come across someone on my friends list that is. Spelling or horrible grammar also gets to me, but I'm not really sure I would delete someone over that -- it's not their personality, so I can't hold it against them.

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you on this one. I am consistently eating less than 1000 calories a day right now... but, I have had weight loss surgery and am following my doctor's instructions. When I get closer to my maintenance range, I will up my calories to beyond 1000, but that will probably be a couple of months from now. Honestly, at the stage I'm at, 1000 calories a day would be hard to get in because I still have such tight restriction.

I agree that there are some people who eat less than 1000 calories a day who are anorexic, but I think we walk a dangerous line anytime we make blanket statements like this one. Again, I am following my doctor's instructions. If anything, it was my compulsiuon for overeating, which is also an eating disorder, that put me to a point where I needed the surgery to begin with.

Glad you are recovering, because I know how difficult that can be. Good luck in your continued success! :)

I cut under-eaters, HOWEVER, I don't check food diaries, and can tell the obvious difference between someone who's following doctor's orders versus someone who just thinks its smart to starve themselves. It's not black and white for me. :flowerforyou:
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm not that judgmental. There is no way I could judge a person by what they eat or how much they exercise. If I don't know them IRL, II don't know what they could be going through. I just TRY to support them the best I can. After all, the only person that can help you is you. Friends are just a way to make fitness (or weight loss, if that is your thing) fun.

That being said, I also don't intend to have a lot of "friends" on here. I did get unfriended because I didn't advertise my hoo-ha and boobs enough. I prefer to save that for hot people. lol.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    - Male bashing
    - Under-eating regularly

Ha!!

We MUST see pectoral improvment for us to motivate you girls....wait, I think that works in the opposite way...we get motivated! lol
  • solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    advertise my hoo-ha and boobs

This will be part of the new sign-in process. Wang and moob measurements will be required for males.