What makes you unfriend somone?

Options

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I now have this strange urge to unfriend some people... Anyone looking for new friends? :smile:
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    If you use "can I haz" in a sentence you'll be unfriended immediately.

lmao! soooo stupid
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I now have this strange urge to unfriend some people... Anyone looking for new friends? :smile:

raises hand shyly
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've only unfriended someone once here, & it was because her updates were just...flooding my timeline. To the point where 80% of my TL were her random statuses. I know I could have just hid her updates or whatever, but...

She just irked me for some reason. Like an attention seeker. Ughhhh. Facebook-like updates. With no support from her whatsoever, so.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    people who support eating disorders
    people who never coment on my stuff
    people who just log food and nothing else
    ^^
  • jafy23
    jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've only unfriended one person on here, and it was because she was extremely annoying. She even tried to re-friend me a couple of times, so I ended up making her mad so that she wouldn't want to be my friend anymore...

When I say annoying, she was blowing up my news feed with crap like "okay, Bodsquad (her little possie of weight loss buddies)! Stop what you're doing right now and give me ten jumping jacks!" Or she would post reminders for the weekend about how the weekend is not an excuse to slip up... and that SHE would be CHECKING everyone's food diaries. Really?!?

I'm all for being supportive of each other, but that was a bit much IMHO.

what would be annoying if she wants that she should make a group of people who want her to do that
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    If you use "can I haz" in a sentence you'll be unfriended immediately.

Right up there with "O Hai Gais!" or "I has a sad" or any of the other mannerisms that only lower my IQ.
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Kagami_Taiga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When I first started using mfp some completely random guy added me, I thought ok there's no harm in adding someone. He then started to message me all the time, and it's usually about how he's not doing that great or that he's getting cravings whilst staring at a chocolate bar.

The worst thing is, he doesn't actually use the app for logging, just moaning on the news feed and bugging me every now and again. Unfriended, then blocked, just in case there's a chance he can still message me.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I never ad friends outside of my personal circle. I usually just interact via the message boards. I am human, I make mistakes, and know what I need to do to be healthy. I dont really need people criticizing my progress or the BANDS I may like, and if I do you are all here anyway....lol.

well is the band nickelback? cause you are setting yourself up for failure haha just saying.

Nickelback. Chad lives in my metro area. Love Creed too. Josh Groban, Phantom of The Opera, Glee, Rap, POP and everything in bewtween. I have very eclectic musical Tastes.

--- Also Bieber, One Direction, Backstreet Boys, etc, etc. Comes from having a 15 yr old Daughter.

/ Runs away as I hit everyones ignore list.......HAHAHA.

Chad is my friend's next door neighbour! Apparently when they run into each other at the mailbox he acts like my friend wants an autograph or something.

I used to live in the same Surrey/Langley area.. before I moved. But I remember my brother telling me he saw chad, from the back, at metrotown mall (before he got really famous) and thought he was a female.. (long curly blonde hair).. i wouldn't doubt it that my brother checked him out... hahahahaha!!!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

raises hand shyly

Lol! Sending!
  • moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've only unfriended one person on here, and it was because she was extremely annoying. She even tried to re-friend me a couple of times, so I ended up making her mad so that she wouldn't want to be my friend anymore...

When I say annoying, she was blowing up my news feed with crap like "okay, Bodsquad (her little possie of weight loss buddies)! Stop what you're doing right now and give me ten jumping jacks!" Or she would post reminders for the weekend about how the weekend is not an excuse to slip up... and that SHE would be CHECKING everyone's food diaries. Really?!?

I'm all for being supportive of each other, but that was a bit much IMHO.

what would be annoying if she wants that she should make a group of people who want her to do that

That was the issue... she was using the newsfeed for the purposes of the group instead of creating an actual group... and some of those statuses were pretty annoying. The ones I listed here were the tip of the iceberg. Honestly, I think part of it was a maturity issue... but I deal with maturity issues all day at work (teaching high schoolers). Don't need them in my personal life too.
  • crackdmirror
    crackdmirror Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This has been an interesting read. I never really considered conditions of unfriending before (I'm still a newbie, though, and don't have a lot of friends on here in the first place).

Not having the food diary open is something that bothers people? Really? I just recently closed mine, because I got annoyed at some well-meaning comments about how I didn't eat breakfast, or my "lunch" had 800 calories, or something like that. The thing is, I'm a nurse, and I work nights. Breakfast/lunch/dinner doesn't mean much to me. I set my diary up as MN-04, 04-08, etc. On top of that, some nights I just don't get to eat. Trust me, it's not a choice! I focus more on my weekly net average (keeping it around 1200-1300 net daily average....if that makes sense), and that's just hard to explain over and over again. Not to mention, it's not particularly encouraging (to me) to get comments about being under one day and over the next.

I typed way more than I intended on that. Forgive me. I'm not actually supposed to be awake right now.

Count me in as being anti-boob/crotch shots. I'd probably have more friends if I went that route (hey, it works on Twitter!), but unless y'all are buying me drinks I'm a quality over quantity kind of girl.
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, obvious disordered eating. I hate to be one of those people but I had to put a disclaimer thing in my info about not friending actively disordered people. I'm trying very hard to recover from my bad habits and it's hard to do when I see statuses about 'binging' on a cookie or complaining because they went over their 600 calorie limit by 50 cals. Even with the added disclaimer or whatever, I still get random people trying to add me who are quite obviously starving themselves. Sorry, but nope.

Also there is one person on my friends list who may have to go soon as they are consistently posting things that have nothing to do with fitness or weight loss. Like really, that's what I have facebook for.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Nickelback. Chad lives in my metro area. Love Creed too. Josh Groban, Phantom of The Opera, Glee, Rap, POP and everything in bewtween. I have very eclectic musical Tastes.

--- Also Bieber, One Direction, Backstreet Boys, etc, etc. Comes from having a 15 yr old Daughter.

/ Runs away as I hit everyones ignore list.......HAHAHA.

I don't like Nickleback, but I don't get why they get crapped on so hard.

from what I hear...... off of camera chad is fairly snobbish (all hear say though, who knows if it's true)

i find it funny that when i lived back in BC (where he lives), i would never find anyone who liked nickelback, yet their shows sold out in minutes.. lol (a lot of closet fans)
  • HerPanda
    Options
    Big ego or people with no understanding for people's personal situations.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Not on for one month....unless I know you IRL.
  • moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This has been an interesting read. I never really considered conditions of unfriending before (I'm still a newbie, though, and don't have a lot of friends on here in the first place).

Not having the food diary open is something that bothers people? Really? I just recently closed mine, because I got annoyed at some well-meaning comments about how I didn't eat breakfast, or my "lunch" had 800 calories, or something like that. The thing is, I'm a nurse, and I work nights. Breakfast/lunch/dinner doesn't mean much to me. I set my diary up as MN-04, 04-08, etc. On top of that, some nights I just don't get to eat. Trust me, it's not a choice! I focus more on my weekly net average (keeping it around 1200-1300 net daily average....if that makes sense), and that's just hard to explain over and over again. Not to mention, it's not particularly encouraging (to me) to get comments about being under one day and over the next.

I agree. IMO, if someone is going to unfriend me just because they can't see my diary, then they weren't much of a buddy to start with. If their idea of a friend on here is that different from mine, it may be better for them to go ahead and unfriend me... *shrug*
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    when they over post/get annoying
    and especially when they keep talking about eating disorder related stuff cause it triggers me. and also when they post statuses about irrelevant stuff like their boyfriend or something
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Pro-anorexic behavior. People who never interact with me. People who haven't logged in for a REALLY long time. People who bash on fine *kitten* ladies with enhanced boobs :)
  • amp187
    amp187 Posts: 374
    Options
    When they get boring