MFP Friending 101

Options
1234568»

Replies

• LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have no requirements. A message is lovely and makes me smile, but it's not an obligation. I'll delete you if you're an *kitten*, other than that, I'm not fussy.

Precisely this!
  • abrandnewme18
    abrandnewme18 Posts: 305
    Options
    I usually accept most people, but if you look creepy a'f or if I'm feeling mean I won't accept.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/blessedprime/gif files/2jcx5i1.gif[/img]

Wouldn't matter to me either way.
    Either they fit or they don't.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I like to see a message, particularly if I haven't been interacting with the person in the forums at the time of request. If we're having some back and forth there -- a blank one doesn't bug me. I usually accept any request but will but quickly delete if they don't interact or act like a fool.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I will pretty much accept any request but a not is always nice. I am very interactive and supportive and I expect my friends to be the same. So you just clean out the ones that are not a good fit or are on for other reasons. It's not that hard and I don't need rules to manage it. For the most part almost all have been wonderful friends so I enjoy my MFP adds!
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    I will pretty much accept any request but a not is always nice. I am very interactive and supportive and I expect my friends to be the same. So you just clean out the ones that are not a good fit or are on for other reasons. It's not that hard and I don't need rules to manage it. For the most part almost all have been wonderful friends so I enjoy my MFP adds!

This is me..will usually accept any request and feel them out or see how it goes. If it's not working I clean out the list. :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Needs a message.

Why the hell do 48 year old men from overseas think that I'm just going to accept a random, unwarranted friend request?

Especially when their entire FL consists of young girls -.-
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I accept most requests, but I can be a little discerning too. I've had a couple of chucklehead messages from men that resulted in me declining to add them. I definitely appreciate a little note to go with a request, but I don't toss out all requests without one. I check the person out (in so far as I can) and see if they seem to be here legitimately for health and motivation's sake.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I accept most requests, but I can be a little discerning too. I've had a couple of chucklehead messages from men that resulted in me declining to add them. I definitely appreciate a little note to go with a request, but I don't toss out all requests without one. I check the person out (in so far as I can) and see if they seem to be here legitimately for health and motivation's sake.

Same here.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Needs a message.

Why the hell do 48 year old men from overseas think that I'm just going to accept a random, unwarranted friend request?

hey! i'm not 48, i'm 45. :angry:
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Needs a message.

Haha - you've been very ruffled up about my posts about this issue!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    Needs a message.

Haha - you've been very ruffled up about my posts about this issue!!

:wink:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Needs a message.

No comment about a FL of young girls :laugh:
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    Needs a message.

No comment about a FL of young girls :laugh:

i plead the fifth.

just kidding. i only have 1 or 2 friends under 21. the saddest thing i've learned on MFP is just how prevalent EDs seem to be amongst the 21-and-under crowd these days. something is really off kilter in pop culture to be causing that...