Has anyone tried the oatmeal diet?

Options
123457»

Replies

• nirodha90
    Options
    oatmeal diet is probably the best diet you've ever heard.cuz oats naturally rich in fibre ,complex carbs,vitamins and it helps to lower the cholesterol level and the risk of preventing certain cancers. i am very happy to go on an oatmeal diet. the only prob is i cant control my appetite. but i am going to start this diet probably today .
    ps. it had protien and has iron too.so you will be fine.you dont have to eat like a pauper to lose weight if you have oatmeal in your pantry hehe
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    oatmeal diet is probably the best diet you've ever heard.cuz oats naturally rich in fibre ,complex carbs,vitamins and it helps to lower the cholesterol level and the risk of preventing certain cancers. i am very happy to go on an oatmeal diet. the only prob is i cant control my appetite. but i am going to start this diet probably today .
    ps. it had protien and has iron too.so you will be fine.you dont have to eat like a pauper to lose weight if you have oatmeal in your pantry hehe

/snicker

Absolutely ridiculous.
  • rmikowski
    Options
    I have ate Oatmeal twice a day for the last year and half I have not gained or lost weight very frustrating
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have ate Oatmeal twice a day for the last year and half I have not gained or lost weight very frustrating

Have you tried tracking total calories?
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    wow.....step 4 of the oatmeal diet

Consume only 900 to 1,200 calories per day for the first seven days to jump start your diet and cleanse the system. Then, amp your caloric intake up to 1,000 to 1,300 calories per day for 30 days.

....yeah I'm pretty sure that's a really really unhealthy range of calories.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/31401-lose-weight-oatmeal-diet/
  • marmo610
    marmo610 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can empathize with you. You probably just want to get some of the water weight off and get a jumpstart to a more reasonable way of eating to lose fat efficiently. I completely understand. You really did ask a very simple question. Those who have tried, responded or can respond yes, with their results. If a person hasn’t tried it, then, really no need to respond. However, if they truly want to offer constructive criticism, they should do so with tact and kindness. Losing weight can be very difficult for some, for so many reasons. Some don’t understand that. You we’re saying you would do this the rest of your life. Just a week. That is not going to harm you. Besides, it’s oatmeal. One of the healthiest staples of the American diet. Again, I’m sorry you felt attacked. I’m sure the majority didn’t mean to, but then there are those others who you’ll always find that just need that extra attention on themselves and will say sarcastic remarks or say things that are simply just-mean. But don’t worry, I hope you have amazing success in whatever you do for your weight loss journey. :)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I always wonder with these old posts, if the OP succeeded or not on another fad diet (long term)? hmmmm?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I always wonder with these old posts, if the OP succeeded or not on another fad diet (long term)? hmmmm?

Me too!! :laugh:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    marmo610 wrote: »
    I can empathize with you. You probably just want to get some of the water weight off and get a jumpstart to a more reasonable way of eating to lose fat efficiently. I completely understand. You really did ask a very simple question. Those who have tried, responded or can respond yes, with their results. If a person hasn’t tried it, then, really no need to respond. However, if they truly want to offer constructive criticism, they should do so with tact and kindness. Losing weight can be very difficult for some, for so many reasons. Some don’t understand that. You we’re saying you would do this the rest of your life. Just a week. That is not going to harm you. Besides, it’s oatmeal. One of the healthiest staples of the American diet. Again, I’m sorry you felt attacked. I’m sure the majority didn’t mean to, but then there are those others who you’ll always find that just need that extra attention on themselves and will say sarcastic remarks or say things that are simply just-mean. But don’t worry, I hope you have amazing success in whatever you do for your weight loss journey. :)

You do know that this thread is 8 years old? 🤔 :huh:
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

You do know that this thread is 8 years old? 🤔 :huh:

Well, it's their first post. Interesting way to start.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Did you just create an account to scold people who criticized a dumb fad diet eight years ago? Really?
    Apparently there is no statute of limitations on "being mean" at MFP.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Am I the only long-timer who always feels compelled to look back through these threads to make sure I didn't say something stupid? :laugh:
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

OP was still active on MFP in August of 2019 so I have to assume she learned a few things in that time.

Either that or she was back to try fad diet number 9. :)

I do find it interesting when these zombie threads are revived to see old posters who used to be super active in the forums and have disappeared. It always makes me wonder why. Did they give up debating the same dumb ideas (aka fad diets)? Or did life take a turn that made them unable to participate.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »

OP was still active on MFP in August of 2019 so I have to assume she learned a few things in that time.

Either that or she was back to try fad diet number 9. :)

I do find it interesting when these zombie threads are revived to see old posters who used to be super active in the forums and have disappeared. It always makes me wonder why. Did they give up debating the same dumb ideas (aka fad diets)? Or did life take a turn that made them unable to participate.

Some of them got banned.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it's always fun to see what the old fad diets were.