What was your clique in HS, and are you still the same?

Options
n0ob
n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
Just curious...

Even though my avatar would suggest nerd I kind of floated between cliques, as I was a jock, nerd, and sometimes cool kid.

Who did you run with in HS, and is that still similar to the people you hang out with today?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Cheer Captain, but our cheerleaders weren't the "preppy" type. We all got along with everyone...no clique really.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    under weight weakling, bullied a bit, not nerd, not 'jock', not cool... an inbetweener
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Captain of the football team. Couldn't stand bullies. Partied with everyone:)

Still can't stand bullies. My parties revolve around my kids in the jumpy house now lol
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I didn't have one...I was friends with everyone...the jocks, the nerds, the band geeks, the "outsiders"...everyone :)
  • Nina_Crowson
    Options
    I was friends with everyone, and today i still am just friends w everyone. lol
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    The awkward, outcast dorky geek crowd...now that I think about it, I was the only member.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    nerds and art club geeks, but i wanted to hang out in the smoking section w/ the punk rockers and ska boys.

yes, in the 80s they still had a smoking section in public high schools in CA.
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was one of the chicks who hung out with the hick guys. Actually the only chick who hung out with the hick guys... Now they're doing...not so well in life and I'm doing awesome, and still surrounding myself with guys, just not drop-out, alcoholic hicks (:
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    First part of HS -- the snotty cheer and dance captain who thought she was better than the rest. I had tons of people always surrounding me and a good handful of close friends. We were called the "Fab Five".

The second part of HS -- the lonely girl who had to wear a helmet 'cause I would have seizures so often. I can count the number of friends I had left with....no hands. Nobody wanted to be friends with someone that had more spitwads thrown at them than anyone else in school combined, haha.

Not the same...not at all. Through all those experiences, good and/or bad, I've changed a lot and I have a wide variety of friends from all walks of life. And I wouldn't change a thing (:
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I was in-between the "stoners", studious but well-mannered kids (some may have called usgeeks/nerds, we didn't care) and the theater kids. I was never a stoner or smoked but I liked some of those kids, so we hung out. If you were a nice person and didn't pick on me, it's likely I warmed up to you.

I'm pretty much in the same place, only I spend more time with the studious and geeky crafters and am much more confident about it. I'm a writer, so I seem to gravitate to other quiet observers of the world. :-)
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I felt like I was a chameleon.
    Never identified with any group completely. Had friends in all of the "cliques"... pot smokers, headbangers... some populars, some sporties, some of the perceived mean girls...
    I just wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as possible. So, I didn't really care about my social standing.
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, my high school experience (graduated 2007) was NOTHING like you see on TV, like Mean Girls, etc. Pretty much everyone got along...I was in Marching Band, but I was also in JROTC and hung out with the "jocks," too. There were cheerleaders, soccer players, etc. in marching band with me. On the Drill Team, we had people from all walks of life. I took AP classes and we had people from sports, band, art, etc. Pretty diverse. But it was also a pretty strict public school. There wasn't really room to be a jerk. Also, it's a small town, so we've all known each other for ever.
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Nerdy brainiac who loved debate and Model UN. Friends with lots of types- hubby was a jock and into D&D too!

Still the same really. I do miss band camp though .....
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I went to a VERY small school in rural OK. we had like 200 Kids in our school preK-12. The whole school was basicly the redneck clique lol. But I was in everything, sports, cheerleader, geek (although we didn't have band). That was about all we had too lol..

As for today... It's pretty much the same, just instead of barn parties it's first birthday parties!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was in the unpopular, nerdy band geek group. Looking back, I realize I was bullied by certain kids which in this day would not have been tolerated! Hated high school & all the cliques so I worked my *kitten* off to graduate mid-term & get the hell out. I went straight into Cosmetology school (back then it was not part of high school) and became the most popular, most loved person there. Completely not the same person at all now that I was back then. I am friendly, outgoing, love to interact with people and even to my own disbelief, have become somewhat athletic. A status I never thought I would achieve! :drinker:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I was part of the "freak" crowd, which consisted of goths, punks, metalheads, nerds and artsy kids. I was also a part of the theater club, so I hung out with them too. I was the only goth there, if you didn't count those on stage crew. I'm still gothy, though I mix other genres of style into my wardrobe from time to time. But most of those high school friends are long gone :(
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    I was part of the 'Not a Fan of Charlie" clique in high school and apparently I still am.
  • Lindsay_Kay
    Lindsay_Kay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was dance team captain ("cool kids") but at the same time I was our show choir captain ("nerdy kids"). I was in every club from Trend to Cup Stacking and I was the year book editor. I was goofy and didn't care what people thought of me. Although, I tried to be friends with everyone, I had a couple of people who didn't like me but l didn't let it get to me.

I'm still the same way.
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I floated a lot between them. I was an athlete so I got along with everyone there. I was also a brain so I got along with the nerds well. I also attended a different school for half of the day during my junior/senior year and got along well there. I got along with everyone (only one fight in all of high school) but never had any super close friends.

I'm still the same way. I make very few deep friendships (but the ones I do make last forever) but get along with everyone and can relate to them on their level.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Cheer Captain, but our cheerleaders weren't the "preppy" type. We all got along with everyone...no clique really.

I totally would have guess cheer captain for you! lol