What was your clique in HS, and are you still the same?

Options

Replies

• luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    stoner! my friends & I liked to come to school high & giggle all day :smokin: yessss!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Freshman year- Goodie girls with good grades and respectable families.

Sophmore year- Same group expanding in to the 'outsider' kids as well.

Junior year- Leaving behind some of the goodie girls and spending more time with the outsiders and the stoners

Senior year- Stoners and guys in bands.
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    very popular with the girls being that i played ball..pretty much hung out with all the athletes..now i'am basically still popular with the girls only now i traded in my jordans in for some wingtips..and i mostly hang with very boring people.. Great thing about HS is i haven't aged to much over the years..
  • Judontmesswithme
    Options
    I was and always will be a huge nerd, haha. I have a few friends from high school whom I still hang out with now. My newer friends are similar, actually...
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a clique..got along with and had friends in every social group
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    I hung out with the plastics......tee hee!!! \m/
    mean_girls.jpg \m/

bahahahaha!!!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    stoner! my friends & I liked to come to school high & giggle all day :smokin: yessss!

twistem up
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Never had one, I was friends with people from almost every group. I have always just been open and just had a good time while focusing on my studies. I am the same way today, just did a little more bonfires and partying back then when I should have been focusing more on myself lol.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I wasn't in any clique. Too smart for some, not stoner enough for THAT, and of course being fat, short and bespectacled (plus having a temper and a backbone) - no one really liked me. I'd like to think I'm not the same. Ask that jerkwad Scott Brown - yeah, the Senator - I went to school with him, he picked on me along with everyone else - would he hang around with me then? NO. Would he hang around with me now? NO.
    Even in the workplace, it's the same - these women don't respect me, tell me "Don't bang your phone" when I'm frustrated, tell the phleb to 'give that to HER', leave work on my desk that THEY want me to do - I'm sick of it. WHY am I still treated like a peon? :grumble:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    An "Individualist". We all gathered together (the 5 of us) and ate lunch with each other because we didn't fit in anywhere. We weren't nerds, jocks, academics or school spirit types. We just....were.

And yes I'm still in the same boat.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I was a loner in HS..I went to a school where the kids were mostly Indian and into soul music, fancy cars,networking,making money,materialism and partying, whereas I was the only Indian who was into punk music and outdoor activity and never felt the need to strive for more financially than I truly need...and the only Indian kid who had 'white' friends.

I'm still pretty much the same, except my love for the outdoors has become even deeper and fonder, and although I make a decent living, money has never been important to me.

and yep..I'm still very much a loner..my friends are spread across the world, yet we are still very close.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Suicide-Mission-Rejects. We named ourselves. A mix of nerds, geeks, stoners and goths. We got made fun of, but we were happy and didn't give a crap about the shallow preppy/jock cliques.

Nowadays we are the cool/awesome people. Funny how that works out.
  • lrtoland
    Options
    My school wasn't very big, so there weren't all kinds of cliques to "fit in" to. You were either popular or unpopular. I was unpopular and at that time in my life I was obssessed with being liked. The more I wanted to be liked and accepted, the more I was rejected. I had a few good friends, though, and I still consider them friends to this day.

I have to add a little something in here, though...I've always been told to go to my class reunion, that it would be great. I missed my 10 year and regretted it, but after having talked with some of the people I went to high school with over theyears, I'm not too sure I WANT to go to my 20 year. In my case, I think a lot of the people I went to high school with are still stuck in that clique-ish mentality, unfortunately:(
  • trishgrace
    Options
    My friends and I were all considered "goat ropers" or "rednecks" depending on who was talking about us. I am still friends with all of them that have stuck around our small town. I still tend to lean towards the "cowboy" type.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I saw this, and assumed it was started by like a 22 year old or something :-P
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Total outcast.

Yup, still the same. No friends (except on the Internet).

But I do have husband and family who love me how I am, so that's something.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Oh, jeez. I am a little reluctant to admit this. The kids I hung out with in high school were called "The Dirts" by the jocks, cheerleaders, and rednecks. We were the punk kids, goths, skaters, ravers, etc... We were in the parking lot getting busted for smoking. We went to a lot of concerts and had bonfires on the beach. But I was also a bookworm who spent a lot of time reading.

I dyed my hair purple, blue, pink, and green. I wore lots of interesting outfits. It's funny, I thought I didn't fit in with the "normal" kids in school, but I found my old yearbooks recently and people from all different groups had signed it.

Today my style has definitely toned down but I still err on the side of quirky when I get dressed in the morning. I still love to go to shows. I'm still a bookworm.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i was pretty much friends with everyone but i think it was on account of me being equal parts awesome and scary..... i had a shaved head and tattoos and listened to a lot of punk and hardcore music.

i think the only thing different now is that my hair is longer lol
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    I went to a small school in East Texas so that WAS the clique!!
  • scottg1024
    Options
    Band geek...

but there was this time...at band camp...

throwback2.jpg