Replies

• Kerri81
    Kerri81 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Fiber one
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Cereal makes me toot, so only on weekends. When I'm staying home. And feel like pissing off my wife.
  • jbing07
    jbing07 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely love my cereal! I either eat a regular bowl of cheerios or any other flavor of cheerios(I like multi-grain the most). Or I also like eating bran flakes with frozen blueberries. YUM!
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Don't really eat cold cereal, but I do have oatmeal for breakfast quite regularly.
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    for several years I avoided cereals, because I thought they were wasting my bowel (I was ill every mornings at this time and Cereals+Milk just made the whole worse).

I started MFP 20 days ago and I tried Corn Flakes again.... 0 problem (not even a fart! XD)

Since I eat cereals almost every morning (twice the "recommended serving", otherwise I couldn't stand until noon). I try to avoid the ones with sugar. I basically eat Corn Flakes, Rice Crispies or Wheatabix.
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    I love cereal, but I don't eat it often. You're on the right track with your cereal choices, though. The brands you chose are healthy and you can eat them daily. One thing you can do if you're worried about too much carbs or sugar is to adjust your MFP daily food intake tracker to show you how many carbs and grams of sugar you're consuming - it gives you an estimate of what you should be consuming daily. I found it to be very helpful! :smile:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat cereal for a while because I'd rather have something else. But I'm pregnant and on the WIC program, so I get free cereal, and if I get it, I'm going to eat it. On the voucher I just used, I picked up Quaker Oatmeal Squares with Brown Sugar and Crispix. My cereals of choice though are Special K Vanilla Almond and Quaker Crunchy Corn Bran. Those, however, are not available on the WIC program.
  • izoom3
    izoom3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I never have cereal for breakfast. It just doesn't stay with me. I also try to eat protein with every meal so that lets cereal out. BUT, I have to admit that I have craved it so what I did was for a couple days I got some Corn Flakes and some Cheerios and had them for my afternoon snack with nonfat milk. I did measure them out and made sure I didn't overindulge....I used eat an entire box of Captin Crunch with Crunch berries in one sitting.....(Note...that is not the cereal I bought to have now!)
  • UltimateMedu
    UltimateMedu Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can't have cereal in the mornings for the life of me. When I do, I end up feeling odd, sometimes even sick. But if it's later in the day, even the afternoon I'm able to. I don't have cereal a lot though.. Maybe twice a month.. But I do like cereal when I feel like having some. :)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I add about a 1/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crisp with dried berries to plain greek yogurt....yummmmm
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Cereal doesn't really fill me up so I tend to go with oatmeal, or yogurt with Natures Path Pumpkin Granola :)
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I like Ezekiel brand cereal...the orange or blue box. I'm a big cereal fanatic though, doesn't matter what kind, so I try not to keep it in the house. I eat oatmeal every morning instead.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    so much cereal. I love Kashi brands and right now, Boo Berry!
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Before watching what I eat, I would eat cereal. But unfortunately, cereal is HUGE trigger for me. I absolutely will not stop at one huge bowl. Hi I'm Shelly and I am a cereal-holic! lol
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    seashell99z wrote:
    Before watching what I eat, I would eat cereal.

For the cereal-oholics:
    Q1. Have you tried porridge or oat bran? It's a great filler.
    Q2. Have you got a digital food scale? Use weight, not volume, for calorie dense foods. It's quicker to weigh anyway.