What is YOUR breakfast go to??

Options

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt + granola + berries OR nuts!

On lifting days, I go for something more carb-heavy, like two whole wheat toasts with 1Tbsp peanut butter and 1tsp honey. Afterwards, I hit the gym ASAP and put my rising blood sugar into good use.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Coffee for meeeeee
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla high fiber whole wheat 50 calorie wrap, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, medium banana wrapped up in it
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I combined 2 dozen scrambled eggs, package of turkey bacon (which I cooked in the oven-so easy), and some shredded cheese...then put it into 30.. 8" tortillas. Then rolled it in individual tinfoil burritos and froze them. Now I just grab, warm in the microwave for 45 seconds and enjoy! :) It's about 300 calories.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    That depends on what is breakfast for you. I wake up and drink 20 oz of water and a big cup of coffee with stevia and head to the gym with zero calories. I workout for at least 2 hours, then I have lunch anywhere from 1pm to 3pm and eat the rest of my calories before bedtime. It's just evolved for me. So I break my fast after noon. Is it still breakfast?
    it is breakfast when ever you break your fast, so yes..

I do the same as you ...but I still have eggs and oatmeal at night just BC I like to eat that kind of stuff :) So technically my breakfast might be dinner ...or something...
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My general go to is 2 cups cooked whole oats. Beverage of choice 52oz Black/Green tea and Stevia blend. 52oz "Bubba Keg" filled to top with cube ice, 2 cups cold water, 1 pack "Truvia" stevia sweetner. Brew one black and one green tea single serve in hot water for up to 3 mins, then pour over ice. It's replaced the "diet" diabetes causing sodas, and I haven't looked back. Stays cold all day.

I then add a combo of fresh or dried fruits [raisins, apricot, etc.], and/or have a serving of raw nuts, seeds. I can run until way past lunch and get through my lunch workouts on this.

Alternately, sometimes I have greek yogurt. It's not as often, as I am minimizing animal products. I chose FAGE brand, plain as I want to avoid the colorings, artificial sweetners, added sugar, etc. of flavored yogurts. FAGE seems to reverse normal yogurt numbers, doubling the protein and halving the sugars. I also like the thick consistency. It makes a great dip for fresh strawberries.
  • rambo831
    Options
    3 GG Bran Crispbreads with reduced fat peanut butter on top.
  • asweren
    asweren Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have 2 go-to breakfasts: My favorite is and omelet 2 duck eggs with some lowfat half and half and a lice of american cheese. My other fave is homemade granola with yogurt (greek or otherwise) and an apple. Sometimes, I will do the granola as a snack also. Yumm!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Cup of almond milk, scoop of protein powder and either pb2, strawberries, or kale & spinach into a protein shake. I add wheat germ and sometimes a little Greek yogurt or other fruit and always lots of ice.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Mine is an egg sandwich. I'm scared of greek yogurt. I can't get myself to try it.

I am not a fan at all of greek yogurt. I find it to be kind of sour/tart...ack. lol
  • elebel82
    elebel82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have an every day breakfast of a small amount of full fat yoghurt, muesli, psyllium husks, and berries (or bananas if they're too expensive.) I used to go for much more no fat/no sugar yoghurt, and was never half as satisfied as I am now, for the same number of calories.

When I want a change / big weekend breakfast/ more iron, or whatehaveyou, I'll go for multigrain toast, 1 egg, 2 kangaroo sausages.

And I've been experimenting with tuna and zucchini scrambled eggs... which were delicious, but hit an issue when I experimented with adding psyllium husks before I started cooking it... (It worked out fine one day when I added them once it was cooked a little, made it kind of toasty)... unfortunately it took the consistancy of cat vomit, and I wonder if I'll ever give it another go. Damn.
  • andris_bx
    Options
    eggz ftw
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    one piece of whole wheat toast with PB, one piece of whole wheat toast with honey & an apple :)
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    peanut butter protein shake all day every day!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I always eat a big breakfast. High protein and low to no carbs. meat & eggs sometime when I'm really hungry I'll eat some fresh pineapple.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    on sundays i hard boil about a dozen eggs in case i need a quick breakfast. i also keep packets of instant oatmeal in my desk and there's always plenty of apples and oranges at my job. so combining the three gives me a pretty quick meal. all i need to do is throw 3 eggs in my bag
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    Protein meal bar, coffee, possibly a piece of fruit, and lots of water :) I'm pretty boring lol
  • Biffa92
    Biffa92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My fave breakfast is 2 small slices of multigrain toast, with honey, peanut butter and a sliced banana yummy!

Otherwise, granola with greek yogurt, scrambled eggs, porridge oats with a dash of maple syrup.

special occasions and weekends, homemade dropped scones!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Most days, Grab and Go: String cheese and natural almonds, sometimes with fruit (banana or strawberries) or grapes and string cheese, sometimes fruit alone and occasionally a fiber one brownie or Slim Fast Chocolate Royale

On days when I have more time: Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond flax (1/2 serving with 1/2 cup milk) or sometimes my son's kiddy cereal and milk, sometimes I'll have a multi grain waffle and some light syrup

Weekends, when I have even more time, or when my man is around: Veggie and cheese omelet with whole grain toast or wrapped in a low carb multi grain tortilla or egg sandwich, BLT, or ham and egg sandiwch

21643952.png