Options
    why wouldn't you just count calories? :huh:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding! :noway:
  • ambicious
    Options
    Did you really do this for a whole week? It's so sad! Please stop torturing yourself! The people who are successful at long term weight loss achieve that by making sustainable lifestyle and habit changes. This includes lack of self-abuse and deprivation. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk then.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'm picturing her stuffing an entire cupcake in her mouth and counting it as just one bite. Not only will the cupcake not be enjoyed, but you'll be eating a ton of calories in that bite.
  • moraldd
    moraldd Posts: 99
    Options
    What happens if you run out of bites before you finish your meal? Do you throw it out? And how many chews per bite? What if your bite is too big? How do you measure your bites?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    So 20 bites of chocolate = 20 bites of lettuce????

Sweet
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    shoves a donut in her mouth - repeats 19 more times...

says "twekjs bhis doun.. twekjs dnougt doun!" - translation "twenty bites down.. twenty donuts down!"
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no.

Doesn't makes sense on so many levels.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Why are you on a calorie counting website, then?

Going to godaddy and squatting www.mybitecounterpal.com
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    This just MIGHT be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

I am not going to address the OP here, someone in that mindset does not listen to anything reasonable.
    Instead I am going to address anyone else who MIGHT read this thread and THINK it might be a good idea...

To you I say:

Take this, you need it more than I do.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMQRDOT5X7beF4NwhsnZGY5wtkdyQqnI86fKYAL7Q_ORgdPGmx1w
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no.

Doesn't makes sense on so many levels.

so absurd it has to be a troll thread
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    9 pounds in one week while only 35 pounds over weight means you weren't eating nearly enough. Definitely not the 1000 calories you were guessing. 2 cups of salad is about 20 calories and definitely more than one bite.
  • opsniht
    opsniht Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Interesting method....
  • estherwhetstone
    estherwhetstone Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories because it's tedious and it sucks. I'm not truly hungry until lunch and dinner and 10 bites per meal satisfies me. I would rather eat a burger with veggies on it in 10 bites than 10 bites of salad. The burger keeps me satisfied and happy for at least 4 hours. I want my body to use my stored fat for energy not constantly be digesting food.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    so what happens when you're out to lunch with a friend, you get caught up in conversation and you lose track of the how many bites you've had?

good system.

*facepalm*
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    heh. It takes me 20 bites to get through one forkful of my mother-in-law's stew. Overcooked usually. Meh. Oh wait, you were saying?
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories because it's tedious and it sucks.
    Well, why are you here? This is a website for calorie counting?

All snark aside, it gets easier the longer you do it.

I wish the tediousness of calorie counting was the hardest part of weight loss...
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories because it's tedious and it sucks. I'm not truly hungry until lunch and dinner and 10 bites per meal satisfies me. I would rather eat a burger with veggies on it in 10 bites than 10 bites of salad. The burger keeps me satisfied and happy for at least 4 hours. I want my body to use my stored fat for energy not constantly be digesting food.

If you don't like counting calories.. then, not to be rude, why are you on this website? It's whole purpose is pretty much to count calories and other nutritional facts so you can adjust and find what's right for you.
  • MichaelYoung1976
    Options
    Counting bites ... Is that the new "INSANITY" program? If it works for you, so be it, but 20 bites of a donut is not the same as 20 bites of a salad.
This discussion has been closed.