Count bites not calories

Options

Replies

• TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Is this "Troll" bites, or regular people bites?
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm picturing her stuffing an entire cupcake in her mouth and counting it as just one bite. Not only will the cupcake not be enjoyed, but you'll be eating a ton of calories in that bite.
    I just literally laughed out loud at this image !

But yeah OP this is not healthy...or smart...or possible to maintain...and you're starving yourself...and the quicker you lose the faster you gain it back...low and slow is the way to go
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! I am going to do something similar. I am going to count swallows. Because I will sometimes only be swallowing saliva, I will give each swallow 37.5 calories and aim for 30 swallows per day.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    No one is asking the right questions here.

OP - How big is your mouth? Approximate volume?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just take normal size bites and don't overthink it. When I'm done, I'm done. I posted this on here because I thought this was also a support group, obviously I'm wrong about that and it's just a calorie counting website. I do want to say that I have tons of energy and I sleep very well. Everything I eat tastes amazing.

People on this site tend to avoid supporting silly ideas.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! I am going to do something similar. I am going to count swallows. Because I will sometimes only be swallowing saliva, I will give each swallow 37.5 calories and aim for 30 swallows per day.
    Your boyfriend is going to be WAY dissapointed.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    erm, what if you are chewing on a celery, there goes your 20 bites
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Didn't take this the wrong way at all...He he got a dirty mind here
  • OTlove1
    OTlove1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm picturing her stuffing an entire cupcake in her mouth and counting it as just one bite. Not only will the cupcake not be enjoyed, but you'll be eating a ton of calories in that bite.

Omg not to mention a choking hazard!!! Please be careful with this new dieting technique.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I just take normal size bites and don't overthink it. When I'm done, I'm done. I posted this on here because I thought this was also a support group, obviously I'm wrong about that and it's just a calorie counting website. I do want to say that I have tons of energy and I sleep very well. Everything I eat tastes amazing.

This is a support group for HEALTHY eating habits. There's no easy way to change your mindset about food. Bites, even calories can be taken obsessively.

I had to retrain my brain to teach myself correct portion size. It's not easy. Stick with it and strive to be healthier. Log everything and don't lie. Your diary tells no falsehoods and allows no wiggle room. It may sound tedious, but it will help you see how to correctly eat.
  • caroliiine86
    Options
    O_o
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    And what is the difference between counting calories and counting bites?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    This is one of the WORST ideas I've seen on MFP, and that says a LOT.

mhmmmmm... +1

Plus another.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*

^^This.

And you said you were eating healthier for that time frame, so it may have been that leading to the loss vs. the counting of bites. Which I'm sorry, is silly in the extreme if you're actually trying to measure anything real.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

We're supporting the community as a whole by shooting down this idea. It's a perfect idea for those people who are trying to disguise eating disorders as a legitimate weight loss plan. It's ill conceived and dangerous, We're NOT about universal support for harmful and dangerous ideas here at MFP. You can thank me later when you come to your senses.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    And what is the difference between counting calories and counting bites?

Once is accurate and one is stupid. :smokin:
  • lanapoo
    lanapoo Posts: 57
    Options
    I can't help but crack up at some of the comments on here...
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    stuffing-face.jpg

one bite!
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can eat a Big Mac in 4 bites,so I should eat 4 to equal 1000 calories? very weird tactic
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

We're supporting the community as a whole by shooting down this idea. It's a perfect idea for those people who are trying to disguise eating disorders as a legitimate weight loss plan. It's ill conceived and dangerous, We're NOT about universal support for harmful and dangerous ideas here at MFP. You can thank me later when you come to your senses.

^ Yes.
This discussion has been closed.