Count bites not calories

Options

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, this is the best thread I've ever seen on the internet.

I think you and twinkie diet man need to pair up.

Nah I think her and Dr Oz need to pair up, this would be right up his alley.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    OP: You know, it is ok to stop posting sometimes. In fact, in your case it is recommended. We won't think any lesser of you (well, any lesser than we already do...)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    To everyone that is telling me this is horribly wrong, are you at your goal weight? How long did it take you to get there? Are you maintaining it and for how long? Thanks :smile:

I am. Took about 12-24 weeks for initial transformation. Everything that came after was basically just vanity and fine tuning.

I was amused by the idiocy of this thread, but I didn't bother chiming in, until right now, to tell you that it's horribly wrong and senseless.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    OP: You know, it is ok to stop posting sometimes. In fact, in your case it is recommended. We won't think any lesser of you (well, any lesser than we already do...)

Cheers.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I just ate a greek yogurt....took me 20 bites...was 160 calories....
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    To everyone that is telling me this is horribly wrong, are you at your goal weight? How long did it take you to get there? Are you maintaining it and for how long? Thanks :smile:

To answer your original post:
    26541190.jpg

To answer your questions in this post:
    Close enough,
    About 7 months
    Pretty much
    About 20 months
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

then you are done for they day
  • estherwhetstone
    estherwhetstone Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have honestly never been on a site where the people are as mean and nasty as here.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I could take 20 bites of celery a day. Let's say it takes 5 bites to finish one stalk of celery, which has 10 calories, then I will end up with an energy intake of a mere 40 calories. Awesome weight loss strategy you have there.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    No, I think it's awesome! The people who buy into harmful, BS fad diets will pay a fortune to know your secret! :D
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This would never work for me as I don't really take bites of food...I prefer to inhale it in such a way that I end up with bits of food in my eyelashes.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have honestly never been on a site where the people are as mean and nasty as here.

You are promoting a system of eating that is NOT HEALTHY! This website is dedicated to helping people find health.

What did you think would happen?

Edit: You should visit 4Chan, then.
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    what if you were to chew gum? ..just a plain, bad idea.
  • Hadunka
    Hadunka Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Why? Because everyone knows this is really a stupid idea?
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    but since you sound like you know what you're doing

wow...whack attracts whack

No, I am not whack...And I don't fully agree with this system, I am just trying to be a little supportive when other people are shooting her down. I know it is not healthy to count by bites, but I understand that she is trying to downsize meals. I did say already that as long as you are meeting everything, and you feel ok with what you are doing, then do it. Don't twist my words, I just feel bad for a lady that came here for advice, and instead of gently suggesting it is bad, people just decided to be rude.

Don't call me 'whack' without knowing what I do. Thank you.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    A book is a great idea!!! Thanks for not shouting me down like everyone else is doing :smile:

It IS a great idea. Should I look for it at my local bookseller under fiction? Or fantasy?

Oh, I know! Science Fiction! Perrrrrfect!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

You think this is mean? You shoulda seen the reaction I got when I posted a thread about counting the time I spend on toilet as a workout :(
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

then you are done for they day

damn, maybe I shouldn't mention the 50 or so bites of french toast, home fries and bacon I ate for breakfast...
    or the 50 bites of pork fried rice and crab rangoons I had for lunch/dinner:laugh:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Yes, I'm at my goal weight. It took me about 3ish months. Yes, I'm maintaining. I've been on this site for just shy of a year, you do the math.

I ate whatever I wanted, hit my macros, practiced moderation, and exercised.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    This would never work for me as I don't really take bites of food...I prefer to inhale it in such a way that I end up with bits of food in my eyelashes.

:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.