Count bites not calories

Options

Replies

• Hadunka
    Hadunka Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    after gastric bypass surgery is the stomach volume about 30 ml so that eat the people less but more often. Not 5-10 bites daily
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    A book is a great idea!!! Thanks for not shouting me down like everyone else is doing :smile:
    Figures. Ignore the actual useful advice you are getting on most posts...look for the people willing to agree with your nonsense. *smh*
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    When obese people have gastric bypass surgery they are only allowed to eat approximately 5 to 10 bites a day for 6 months. They are told to do this by the doctor. If it's ok for them then it's ok for me. I love my new founf energy and hated that sluggish feeling after eating a big volume of food.

Please quote your sources on this. I have several friends who have had gastric bypass, lapband or other weight loss surgeries and this was not the case with any of them.
  • estherwhetstone
    estherwhetstone Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    To everyone that is telling me this is horribly wrong, are you at your goal weight? How long did it take you to get there? Are you maintaining it and for how long? Thanks :smile:
  • Hadunka
    Hadunka Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    To everyone that is telling me this is horribly wrong, are you at your goal weight? How long did it take you to get there? Are you maintaining it and for how long? Thanks :smile:
    you can read here a lot of success stories!!! Of course the counting of calories and some movement help!!!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

Irrelevant
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

Yes. Lower than goal, actually, and I eat 1,900-2,400 calories per day to maintain, at 5'2" tall. It took me 5-6 months to get here, and I have been maintaining since last November.

Edit: Crap, last November ... makes it almost a year. Didn't even realize it. Wow.
  • mdonovan
    Options
    I just take normal size bites and don't overthink it. When I'm done, I'm done. I posted this on here because I thought this was also a support group, obviously I'm wrong about that and it's just a calorie counting website. I do want to say that I have tons of energy and I sleep very well. Everything I eat tastes amazing.
    This site is a support group, but it's also a reality check. You can't possibly think this is a healthy, sustainable way to lose weight. Would you be okay with your children using your system? No person who is genuinely interested in being healthy is going to support this. This has eating disorder written all over it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Irrelevant

my first thought as well
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I just take normal size bites and don't overthink it. When I'm done, I'm done. I posted this on here because I thought this was also a support group, obviously I'm wrong about that and it's just a calorie counting website. I do want to say that I have tons of energy and I sleep very well. Everything I eat tastes amazing.

The reason you are hearing dissent is because this is a bad idea and you are promoting it to people who may not do the math and realize that 10,000 calories is a bad idea, and 10,000 calories is an OVERestimation of what you are actually eating. This really falls within the parameters of the rule against promoting unsafe weight loss techiniques.

Think about it. A person whose goal is to be 92 pounds (according to her ticker) and who is currently 100 pounds (according to her ticker) thinks you aren't eating enough. That should tell you something. (in her defense she says she's 4'10").

Are you at your goal weight you ask? Several of the people commenting are. You've done this for a week. A hallmark of people who fail at this is that they make an extreme plan and say they'll do it for like a long time. They tend to fail within a month. You're a week in you say?
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, this is the best thread I've ever seen on the internet.

I think you and twinkie diet man need to pair up.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think if you are getting your calories (healthily) and you don't feel starved or drained, then well done on the loss.

I agree with others when they say don't let it consume you though, counting bites can lead down to a very bad path, but since you sound like you know what you're doing and if you have enough willpower to recognise you can do this to shed a few pounds but it won't last forever, then do what you think is best for you. :)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Are you maintaining, or at least minimizing lean body mass loss? I doubt it. Have you thought of your plan in regards to what you'll do calorie-wise when you - maybe I should say if - decide to maintain body weight?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    When obese people have gastric bypass surgery they are only allowed to eat approximately 5 to 10 bites a day for 6 months. They are told to do this by the doctor. If it's ok for them then it's ok for me. I love my new founf energy and hated that sluggish feeling after eating a big volume of food.

So you're under a doctors supervision? Sorry, I missed that before. Because, if you are not under a doctors supervision, then your logic is the same as me saying since Michael Phelps eats 12000 calories a day, then if I eat 12000 calories I can be an athlete just like him, or if I eat 8000 calories a day I can be in the Tour De France.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

I have been at goal weight since October 2011. It took me about 3 months to lose 25lbs. I am maintaining and have put on muscle weight since...and I still think your method is pure nonsense. Any more questions?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    but since you sound like you know what you're doing

wow...whack attracts whack
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It's 1000 cals a day. I'm only 5ft tall and 35 lbs overweight. Thanks for the concern but I'm sure I'll be fine.

It's NOT actually 1000 cal. You're estimating that a bite = 50 but in reality, only high calorie foods would be that high. If you're eating veggies, which you know you should be, they aren't equal to 50, so you're overestimating. If 50/bite IS accurate, then you're not eating foods your body actually needs to get/stay/be healthy, like veggies.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    At goal weight. Have been for 10 or so years.
    Took me about 3 months to get there.
    I also think my weight loss trajectory is irrelevant to your post.

I think what you're doing makes no sense whatsoever. Sorry.

20 bites of pizza does not equal 20 bites of broccoli.

Best of luck on your journey.
  • mdonovan
    Options
    Holy crap. You need help.
    I know this is hardly something to laugh at, but I immediately burst out laughing when I read that. So true and to the point, love it!
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options

We don't have to tell you that cutting off a limb is a bad idea either do we? It helps you lose weight too...
This discussion has been closed.