May Day Challenge! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey Chocolickkyss,

I bought those same DVD's for when I get through Shred!

YAY!
    : )
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 2 day 2 of the Insanity program which means I had to complete the PURE EVIL (Pure Cardio) dvd. Just knowing I had to complete this workout had me dreading getting out of bed this morning. It may have been that I don't feel 100% today as well but in any case I got up and got the workout in. I tried to pace myself so I could take fewer breaks but it didn't really work for me. I'm noticing I'm taking most of my breaks when I'm completing an exercise that involves the shoulders (level 2 drills - plank - 8 push ups - 8 mountain climbers, suicide jumps and push up jacks). My upper body strength sucks (although getting better) so all of the exercise involving upper body cause me to get tired a lot quicker than lower body exercises.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Just finished core synergistics was suppose to do it yesterday but no time. I am hoping to get better at doing them daily, I need more motivation to get going in the morning I just have no get up and go rught now all I want to do is sleep.
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!
    I've been running and running trying to increase my endurance so I can run 3 miles nonstop (comfortably!) I do great for 2.5miles at 5.8mph (pretty slow) but the last .5 miles is SO DIFFICULT! Tomorrow i'm going to attempt 5.8 for the first 2 miles then 6.0 for the past mile!!!
    Any suggestions?

How's everyone doing on their weight-loss goals? I decided to focus on running and getting better at that instead of focusing on how much weight i'm losing in a certain amount of time... I'm assuming the weight will take care of itself if i'm challenging my body by running!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday tomorrow!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 2 day 3 of the Insanity program which means I'm suppose to complete the Plyometrics Cardio Circuit dvd. I didn't sleep well last night due to some congestion and a slight headache so needless to say when the alarm went off at 5 am I was not happy about having to get up and complete this workout and a battle between good vs evil ensued. I am happy to announce that the good side was victorious and the workout is complete. Now I will admit I didn't go hard but I did give it what I had and that is good enough for me today.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Well, it has been a fairly stressful week. I had to get the schedule done, printed and mailed for the festival I'm hosting at the end of the month. That is completed, so now I just have to prepare all the stuff for the faculty meeting I'm running next Tuesday to explain to the faculty and staff what THEY are supposed to be doing! :ohwell: It'll get done.

This morning I got a distrubing email from a college friend of mine. Her statuses on FB this week have been criptic (pray for me; calling all friends; etc.), so I sent her a message asking what was going on. I figured it was something with her DH because she changed her relationship status to single:frown: After getting her email, PLEASE pray of think good thoughts for her. She's kind of desperate right now. Apparently last weekend she and DH spent the weekend as the usually do when neither of them are working (both are Dr.s), shopping, going out to eat, watching movies, etc. Everything SEEMED to be perfectly normal when he left for work on Monday morning. When he wasn't back from work at the time she expected, she texted him to find out when he was going to get home. He TEXTED her back and said he WASN'T coming home, and he wanted a divorce!:noway: WTH?! A TEXT?! Needless to say, she had NO idea and is devastated. Then, to top it off, she got a phone call from a gentleman last night who is the husband of one of the nurses her DH works with. Yup, you guessed it, the nurse and DH were having an affair for MONTHS! The caller had been suspicious, and finally got the nurse to admit it Monday evening. He told her to let her "friend" know that he was going to tell my friend, and he gave them until Tuesday night to tell her. Rather than tell my friend, her DH just asked for a divorce. She now has copies of emails, texts, and cell phone bills that are only PART of the proof. As I said, she is devastated:brokenheart: . Please pray for her. I can't even imagine what she is going through right now.

Sorry for the downer. It's been a rough day for me imagining what she is going through right now.

On a good note, I am ready to start Week 4 Day 1 of the 200 sit up challenge tonight. The last day of week 3 almost beat me, but I did it. Now on to week 4. The bad thing I can report from this, is that the day after I do the challenge it is very hard for me to breath properly in my music classes.:laugh: Since I use those ab muscles for breathing, after I've worked hard the night before they REALLY don't want to cooperate during class. I'm hoping that this will diminish or go away as I progress in the program. Well, I should be going. I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    So here I am again!!!! I defiantly need some extra encouragement... work is just crazy right now and I am feeling SSSOOOO over the top stressed out. I have continued my morning workouts, but since we returned from the cruise my evening workouts have been obsolute. It's so hard when I end up being at work late every night. When I'm done I just want to have a cocktail to relax and then end up eating WAY TOO much!!!!

I have been feeling so our of wack the past few weeks, My weight really hasn't gone up, but I'm not lossing and I am not making the wise choices I should. I just really wish I could put my finger on WHY I feel this way.... Please pray for me. I really don't want to go backwards. It's been a long road and the weight is coming off SSOO SLOW I'm afriad that I could quickly end up at my heavey weight again..

I'm gonna drink my water and focus on my cal intake again, need to LOG!!!!!!

I pray for god to see my heart and now me so that I may find my path with him through this journey again.:heart:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning my workout buddies! It's just one more work day til the weekend begins and i'm looking forward to it. Today is week 2 day 4 of the Insanity program which means IT'S RECOVERY DAY....WooHoo. I so look forward to Thursday b/c it's the one day where Shaun T hasn't lost his dang mine...LOL. The dvd is shorter and while the moves are still intense they are not as fast which gives me an opportunity to actually catch my breath. So when it was all said and done, I had completed 32 minutes of the Cardio Recovery dvd and 15 minutes of the Cardio Abs dvd. What a great way to begin the work day. I still feel like I'm coming down with a cold (sniffling, sneezing, scratchy throat) but feel slightly better than yesterday.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Good Morning May Challegner's!!! Got my workout in today and have logged most of food for the day!!!!

I'm back and feeling Good today!!

God Bless
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and I have a new scale it reads 167 lbs but my old scale reads 165 so I have lost 2 lbs this week but am using the reading on the new scale to log on MFP
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! All i can say is Thank Goodness It's Friday (TGIF) because my energy level is waning and this cold is not getting any better. Today is week 2 day 5 of the Insanity Program which means I was suppose to complete the Cardio Power Resistance dvd but just did not have the energy to complete it this morning. Since I wanted to do some type of cardio workout I decided to complete the Cardio X dvd of the P90X series. I struggled a little since I was a bit congested but overall did a great job. I probably will not complete an Insanity dvd until Monday when I complete my 2nd fit test. I plan on heading to the gym tomorrow and taking either the kickboxing or spinning class.

Have a great day!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Start weight: 131 lbs (12/18/09)
    Dec. 25: 129.5 lbs
    Jan. 1: 130 lbs
    Jan. 8: 127 lbs
    Jan. 15: 126.5 lbs
    Jan. 22: 126 lbs
    Jan. 29: 124 lbs
    Feb. 5: 124 lbs
    Feb. 12: 124 lbs
    Feb. 19: 124 lbs
    Feb. 26: 124 lbs
    March 5: 124 lbs
    March 12: 124 lbs
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 125 lbs
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Well, I have been neglectful of logging food the last 2 weeks, but am happy to report that I made it to Shred LEVEL2! I did drop a pound from last week, but I am feeling so much better physically I think I'll check my measurements later!

Starting weight 195 June 2009
    Goal weight: 125
    Jan. 1: 189
    Jan. 8: 184
    Jan. 15: 178
    Jan. 22: 174
    Jan. 29: 173
    Feb. 5: 174
    Feb. 12: 169
    Feb. 19: 168
    Feb. 26: 169
    March 5: 170
    March 12: 169
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 162

Have a great day!
    : )
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Start weight: 175
    Jan. 15: 173
    Jan. 22: 170
    Jan. 29: 170
    Feb. 5: 170
    Feb. 12:169
    Feb. 19: 168
    Feb. 26: 168
    March 5: 167
    March 12: 167.0 new scale 165 old scale:happy:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30:155
    Goal is to get down to 135 to 140
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 176
    Dec. 25: 174.6
    Jan. 1: 173.0
    Jan. 8: 171.8
    Jan. 15: 169.0
    Jan. 22: 166.4
    Jan. 29: 165.4
    Feb. 5: 164
    Feb. 12: 162 Just 7 more pounds to my goal!!!
    Feb. 19: 162--blah! (TOM)
    Feb. 26: 160 (My original goal--yay me!)
    March 5: 158.6
    March 12: 156.6
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 155 (changing this from 160--I'm feeling motivated!)

The scale is still moving, and I'm very pleased! I do have to admit, though, that I have not done the situps and pushups challenges this week. Sick kids, revival at church, and now I've gotten "the crud" from my kids. It's been a long week! I plan on starting over this week though.
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    WEEKLY WEIGH-INS
    Start weight: 184
    Jan. 1: 184
    Jan. 8: 182.4
    Jan. 15: 179.6
    Jan. 22: 178
    Jan. 29: 177.4
    Feb. 5: 173.4
    Feb. 12: 173.4
    Feb. 19: 173.4
    Feb. 26: 171.2
    March 5: 168.2
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 155!!!
    Ultimate Goal: *145*

Well I'm up 0.8, not bad... i'm just happy i'm still in the 160's!!! (barely) I began lifting weights for my upper body because my legs are getting toned from running so much! I I slipped up and had a beer last night because we went to the Sprint Center to watch the Big 12 games!!! I was so proud i limited myself to ONE and I passed on the nachos and soft pretzels with cheese :)~! Hope you all have a successful weigh-in!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

Start weight: 197.0
    Dec. 25: 198.8 (+1.8 – TOM)
    Jan. 01: 196.0 (-2.8)
    Jan. 08: 194.2 (-1.8)
    Jan. 15: 191.0 (-3.2)
    Jan. 22: 190.2 (-0.8 -- also, TOM)
    Jan. 29: 188.6 (-1.6)
    Feb. 05: 188.0 (-0.6)
    Feb. 12: 185.0 (-3.0)
    Feb. 19: 185.4 (+0.4 -- TOM)
    Feb. 26: 184.4 (-1.0)
    Mar. 05: 182.8 (-1.6)
    Mar. 12: 182.6 (-0.2) (7.6 lbs to goal)
    Mar. 19:
    Mar. 26:
    April 02:
    April 09:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Goal 175

Changing my goal from 169 to 175 (approx. 1 lb per week loss) – I’d rather hit the finish line and be pleasantly surprised (by hitting or exceeding my goal) than to end up frustrated and disappointed.

Wednesday I wasn't feeling well, didn't get my workout in, didn't get enough water, had a beer and Dominoes pizza for dinner. Yesterday, I came home from work in a mood -- didn't want to work out, wanted more beer and pizza (even though the pizza from the night before was tasteless and sat in my stomach like a rock) -- but I DIDN'T give in. I could feel all my determination, my perseverance, slipping away from me -- I could SEE myself falling back into old habits, old patterns, giving up, giving in, losing all the ground I've fought so hard to win these past couple of months. It was a horrible feeling... I thought to myself, "It's inevitable that I'm going to fail and all of this is for nothing, so why not just give up now?"

But I didn't give up. I went to the bathroom mirror, looked myself in the eyes, and gave myself a pep talk until I had the motivation to put on my sneakers and get busy with my workout. My husband came home just as I was starting with the stretching, and he too encouraged me. I've never been able to do that before -- to really face the temptation to stop, but to move past it and move forward. My progress has slowed, but I'm NOT giving up. NOT this time.
  • lisawest
    Options
    Start weight: 182
    Dec. 25: 182
    Jan. 1: Didn't weigh in
    Jan. 8: 180
    Jan. 15: 177
    Jan. 22: 178
    Jan. 29: 175
    Feb. 5: 174
    Feb. 12: 174
    Feb. 19: 171
    Feb. 26: 170
    March 5: 170
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 165!!!

Not too shabby, considering it is TOM! Well, things are falling into place for everything at work. Today is the end of the quarter, so I have to get all the grades in, which can sometimes be a headache, but I'm CLOSE to finished. I started Week 4 of the situp challenge last night. Oh boy, was THAT a trip! The sit ups themselves weren't the problem, the problem is today! It's a little painful to do the breathing exercises with my students today! Anybody know any good abdominal stretches? (Besides just laying down and stretching.) Oy vey!:laugh:

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm going to "the farm" where my dad grew up to celebrate my grandmother's 97th birthday. It's gonna be a blast. It also means that I am halfway through my marathon of not-at-home-weekends!:drinker: I can hardly WAIT for that first weekend at home! I plan to do NOTHING!:laugh:

:drinker: Here's to smart choices!:drinker:
  • lisawest
    Options
    Well I'm up 0.8, not bad... i'm just happy i'm still in the 160's!!! (barely) I began lifting weights for my upper body because my legs are getting toned from running so much! I I slipped up and had a beer last night because we went to the Sprint Center to watch the Big 12 games!!! I was so proud i limited myself to ONE and I passed on the nachos and soft pretzels with cheese :)~! Hope you all have a successful weigh-in!

Which games did you watch? Where in KC area do you live? (I lived in Shawnee, and then KCK for 5 years before we moved to the Wichita area a couple years ago.) We watched the K-State game last night. What fun! In other news. . . . KU has won 2000 games! Rock Chalk!:laugh: (Had to get that in!:wink: )
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 137
    Jan. 1: 137
    Jan. 8: 135
    Jan. 15: 134
    Jan. 22: 134
    Jan. 29: 135
    Feb. 5: 135
    Feb. 12: 134
    Feb. 19: 133.5
    Feb. 26: 134 up a little but TOM arggg!!
    March 5: 134
    March 12: 133.5
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 129

down 1/2 pound, hopefully it will stick this time!!

Made it through week 3 of sit up challenge, gets tough after the third set but hanging in there.

Hope all have a super weekend!!