May Day Challenge! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Fit_in2010 "But I didn't give up. I went to the bathroom mirror, looked myself in the eyes, and gave myself a pep talk until I had the motivation to put on my sneakers and get busy with my workout. My husband came home just as I was starting with the stretching, and he too encouraged me. I've never been able to do that before -- to really face the temptation to stop, but to move past it and move forward. My progress has slowed, but I'm NOT giving up. NOT this time."
    [/quote]

(Cant figure out how to quote part of post so just put it in quotation marks)

Good for you!! I have been making up excuses ever since Christmas and eating so much more, can't seem to get that motivation back I felt last summer. Hopefully the warmer weather will kick me back into gear.
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    Well I'm up 0.8, not bad... i'm just happy i'm still in the 160's!!! (barely) I began lifting weights for my upper body because my legs are getting toned from running so much! I I slipped up and had a beer last night because we went to the Sprint Center to watch the Big 12 games!!! I was so proud i limited myself to ONE and I passed on the nachos and soft pretzels with cheese :)~! Hope you all have a successful weigh-in!

Which games did you watch? Where in KC area do you live? (I lived in Shawnee, and then KCK for 5 years before we moved to the Wichita area a couple years ago.) We watched the K-State game last night. What fun! In other news. . . . KU has won 2000 games! Rock Chalk!:laugh: (Had to get that in!:wink: )

HAHAH!!! don't bring that Rock Chalk around here!!! I went to the KSU/OSU game and Texas/Baylor. They were fun!!! I grew up in Olathe but I live about 5 mins from KCK until I finish my internship! It's nice to hear from someone on here who lives in the same area!! Great job on your weight loss by the way, we have similiar goals and are about at the same weight! Great job!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 244.2
    weigh-in Jan.1- 240.2
    Jan. 8: 237.4
    Jan. 15: 235.2
    Jan. 22: 231
    Jan. 29: 228.2
    Feb. 5: 224.6
    Feb. 12: 222.6 (mini-goal 225)
    Feb. 19: 219
    Feb. 26: 215.8
    March 5: 213.4
    March 12: 211.2
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: (205)

still moving steadily, i hit 90lbs lost this week. i am totally aiming to be down 100 before this challenge ends. have a good week everyone. -katie
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Well I'm up 0.8, not bad... i'm just happy i'm still in the 160's!!! (barely) I began lifting weights for my upper body because my legs are getting toned from running so much! I I slipped up and had a beer last night because we went to the Sprint Center to watch the Big 12 games!!! I was so proud i limited myself to ONE and I passed on the nachos and soft pretzels with cheese :)~! Hope you all have a successful weigh-in!

Which games did you watch? Where in KC area do you live? (I lived in Shawnee, and then KCK for 5 years before we moved to the Wichita area a couple years ago.) We watched the K-State game last night. What fun! In other news. . . . KU has won 2000 games! Rock Chalk!:laugh: (Had to get that in!:wink: )

HAHAH!!! don't bring that Rock Chalk around here!!! I went to the KSU/OSU game and Texas/Baylor. They were fun!!! I grew up in Olathe but I live about 5 mins from KCK until I finish my internship! It's nice to hear from someone on here who lives in the same area!! Great job on your weight loss by the way, we have similiar goals and are about at the same weight! Great job!

What's really funny is that today I have on my K-State Band t-shirt:laugh: It drives my students crazy that I have gear from both schools. Just wait till I wear my OU gear, that'll get them! I'm a fan of 11 out 12 Big 12 teams (Mizzou being the only one I'm not a fan of, although I have been known to cheer for them during bowl games).
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

Start weight: 197.0
    Dec. 25: 198.8 (+1.8 – TOM)
    Jan. 01: 196.0 (-2.8)
    Jan. 08: 194.2 (-1.8)
    Jan. 15: 191.0 (-3.2)
    Jan. 22: 190.2 (-0.8 -- also, TOM)
    Jan. 29: 188.6 (-1.6)
    Feb. 05: 188.0 (-0.6)
    Feb. 12: 185.0 (-3.0)
    Feb. 19: 185.4 (+0.4 -- TOM)
    Feb. 26: 184.4 (-1.0)
    Mar. 05: 182.8 (-1.6)
    Mar. 12: 182.6 (-0.2) (7.6 lbs to goal)
    Mar. 19:
    Mar. 26:
    April 02:
    April 09:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Goal 175

Changing my goal from 169 to 175 (approx. 1 lb per week loss) – I’d rather hit the finish line and be pleasantly surprised (by hitting or exceeding my goal) than to end up frustrated and disappointed.

Wednesday I wasn't feeling well, didn't get my workout in, didn't get enough water, had a beer and Dominoes pizza for dinner. Yesterday, I came home from work in a mood -- didn't want to work out, wanted more beer and pizza (even though the pizza from the night before was tasteless and sat in my stomach like a rock) -- but I DIDN'T give in. I could feel all my determination, my perseverance, slipping away from me -- I could SEE myself falling back into old habits, old patterns, giving up, giving in, losing all the ground I've fought so hard to win these past couple of months. It was a horrible feeling... I thought to myself, "It's inevitable that I'm going to fail and all of this is for nothing, so why not just give up now?"

But I didn't give up. I went to the bathroom mirror, looked myself in the eyes, and gave myself a pep talk until I had the motivation to put on my sneakers and get busy with my workout. My husband came home just as I was starting with the stretching, and he too encouraged me. I've never been able to do that before -- to really face the temptation to stop, but to move past it and move forward. My progress has slowed, but I'm NOT giving up. NOT this time.

RIGHT ON WOMAN!!!
    Don't give up!
    I can only speak for myself, but I faced the same thing this past week of having to stop and tell myself that I am NOT going to give up and fall back into old habits! This is NOT how I am going to live my life! I want to feel good and be healthy!
    I'm so glad you did it!!!!
    : )
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Fit_in2010 "But I didn't give up. I went to the bathroom mirror, looked myself in the eyes, and gave myself a pep talk until I had the motivation to put on my sneakers and get busy with my workout. My husband came home just as I was starting with the stretching, and he too encouraged me. I've never been able to do that before -- to really face the temptation to stop, but to move past it and move forward. My progress has slowed, but I'm NOT giving up. NOT this time."

(Cant figure out how to quote part of post so just put it in quotation marks)

Good for you!! I have been making up excuses ever since Christmas and eating so much more, can't seem to get that motivation back I felt last summer. Hopefully the warmer weather will kick me back into gear.

Thanks, Kath!

I know what you mean about having more motivation in the summer -- SO much easier to want to eat lighter meals when it's nice and warm out.

The weather is getting pretty gorgeous here in Las Vegas. We're supposed to hit the low to mid 70s next week. Have to enjoy it while I can -- because in a few short months it'll be blistering outside. :laugh: Hopefully I'll be a few more pounds down (or 10 or 20) by then, and it wont be quite so bad. Might even buy a real swimsuit this year instead of shorts and a sports bra! :wink:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Checking in!

Start weight: 197.0
    Dec. 25: 198.8 (+1.8 – TOM)
    Jan. 01: 196.0 (-2.8)
    Jan. 08: 194.2 (-1.8)
    Jan. 15: 191.0 (-3.2)
    Jan. 22: 190.2 (-0.8 -- also, TOM)
    Jan. 29: 188.6 (-1.6)
    Feb. 05: 188.0 (-0.6)
    Feb. 12: 185.0 (-3.0)
    Feb. 19: 185.4 (+0.4 -- TOM)
    Feb. 26: 184.4 (-1.0)
    Mar. 05: 182.8 (-1.6)
    Mar. 12: 182.6 (-0.2) (7.6 lbs to goal)
    Mar. 19:
    Mar. 26:
    April 02:
    April 09:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Goal 175

Changing my goal from 169 to 175 (approx. 1 lb per week loss) – I’d rather hit the finish line and be pleasantly surprised (by hitting or exceeding my goal) than to end up frustrated and disappointed.

Wednesday I wasn't feeling well, didn't get my workout in, didn't get enough water, had a beer and Dominoes pizza for dinner. Yesterday, I came home from work in a mood -- didn't want to work out, wanted more beer and pizza (even though the pizza from the night before was tasteless and sat in my stomach like a rock) -- but I DIDN'T give in. I could feel all my determination, my perseverance, slipping away from me -- I could SEE myself falling back into old habits, old patterns, giving up, giving in, losing all the ground I've fought so hard to win these past couple of months. It was a horrible feeling... I thought to myself, "It's inevitable that I'm going to fail and all of this is for nothing, so why not just give up now?"

But I didn't give up. I went to the bathroom mirror, looked myself in the eyes, and gave myself a pep talk until I had the motivation to put on my sneakers and get busy with my workout. My husband came home just as I was starting with the stretching, and he too encouraged me. I've never been able to do that before -- to really face the temptation to stop, but to move past it and move forward. My progress has slowed, but I'm NOT giving up. NOT this time.

RIGHT ON WOMAN!!!
    Don't give up!
    I can only speak for myself, but I faced the same thing this past week of having to stop and tell myself that I am NOT going to give up and fall back into old habits! This is NOT how I am going to live my life! I want to feel good and be healthy!
    I'm so glad you did it!!!!
    : )

Thanks, sphinctress!

Yeah, some days we really have to just kick ourselves in the butt! No one can do it for us. Some days it's really hard to find the will to fight -- but I suppose it's facing the tough days that matter -- like Jillian Michaels says about the last few reps, the last few minutes, the challenges -- it's where change happens.

Here's to positive change! :drinker:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Starting weight 244.2
    weigh-in Jan.1- 240.2
    Jan. 8: 237.4
    Jan. 15: 235.2
    Jan. 22: 231
    Jan. 29: 228.2
    Feb. 5: 224.6
    Feb. 12: 222.6 (mini-goal 225)
    Feb. 19: 219
    Feb. 26: 215.8
    March 5: 213.4
    March 12: 211.2
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: (205)

still moving steadily, i hit 90lbs lost this week. i am totally aiming to be down 100 before this challenge ends. have a good week everyone. -katie

Congrats, Katie!! That is really awesome! :drinker: Keep up the great work, chica!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies! As I type this post I'm sitting under the dryer at the hair salon trying to keep it together b/c I really just want to crawl into bed but the hair was a hot mess.....a girl has got to have her priorities....LOL. Once the hair is done I will be heading straight home and loading up on medicine in hopes of feeling better tomorrow so I can hit the gym. If i'm not up to hit I'll simply do a lighter dvd over the weekend so I can have all my strength for the upcoming Insanity fit test.

While i've been exercising regularly I have to admit my eating at night especially over the weekends has not been the best. I'm trying to evaluate what's going on w/me in the evening that has been causing me to have crazy cravings at night. During the day, especially while at work, I stick to my meal plan w/o a problem but the minute I get home i start wanting to eat EVERYTHING!. I've managed to maintain my weight which i'm happy about but I know I wont get the body I want and deserve if i don't get it together and SOON!.

Any suggestions on how to combat this sudden (last 2 weeks or so) cravings hike. It's seriously bad on the weekends but I'm usually able to keep it together for most of the weekend.
  • rebecca413
    Options
    This is my first week gaining weight since I started counting calories in early December. I can't believe I gained a whole three pounds! I'm not sure this number is truly representative as I weigh myself quite regularly (often multiple times a day) and haven't seen anything over 188.5 all week. I did have a bad couple of days, however. I didn't workout three days this week (another first for me) and I had Chinese food and some other bad stuff today. I plan on getting back on track tomorrow and hope to see that number go down to around 186!

Start weight: 208.3
    Dec. 25: 206
    Jan. 1: 202.3
    Jan. 8: 200
    Jan. 15: 197.8
    Jan. 22: 195.6
    Jan. 29: 193.8
    Feb. 5: 192.6
    Feb. 12: 192.2
    Feb. 19: 189.2
    Feb. 26:
    March 5: 187.2 (Mini goal - 188 met!!)
    March 12: 190.0
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 174
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! I decided to sleep in and skip the kickboxing class this morning in hopes of rejuvenating this sick and energy-less body of mine and that extra sleep was just what I needed. While I'm clearly not 100% I did feel rejuvenated enough to throw in the Kenpo X dvd of the P90X series and rocked it out for 45 minutes. Now that the workout is complete I'm about to have lunch, do some light house cleaning and RELAX for the remainder of the day.

I am suppose to have dinner w/friends this evening but I'm really thinking i"m going to bypass this as well. I'm really feeling like this weekend will be all about chocolickkyss getting some much R & R.

Congratulations ladies on the continual weight loss. A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT to Fit_In_2010 for fighting through the desire to give up. It can be so easy to say forget it but I'm so glad you fought through it.:flowerforyou: :drinker: Keep plowing through it and you'll be at your goal weight before you know it.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    <snip>

Congratulations ladies on the continual weight loss. A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT to Fit_In_2010 for fighting through the desire to give up. It can be so easy to say forget it but I'm so glad you fought through it.:flowerforyou: :drinker: Keep plowing through it and you'll be at your goal weight before you know it.

Thanks, hon! The encouragement means a lot. :flowerforyou: It's so nice being able to share the ups and downs of this journey with people who UNDERSTAND.

Everyone on here is just amazing. :heart:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope everyone remembered to SPRING FORWARD this morning so you're not beginning the day already an hour behind schedule. By springing forwarded it's a sign that spring is near and I couldn't be more excited. Also having an extra hour in the evening means I can walk around the park or go to the gym for a little cardio after work. Now we just need the weather to cooperate and everything will be great.

Since today is considered a rest day w/the Insanity program and tomorrow I'm suppose to complete fit test #2 I've decided that I was only going to complete the P90X stretching dvd. I want to be as limber and rejuvenated as possible for tomorrow's test. The Insanity dvd has been causing some pain in my knee so I'll see how this week goes before deciding whether I'll continue w/the program. Even If I don't complete the full 60 days I can definitely see myself throwing in one of the dvds here and there it just may be too much for my knee to do everyday. As I stated, I'll re-evaluate it at the end of this week.

I'm feeling pretty productive today. I've just about completed all my Sunday errands and will be spending the remainder of the day watcing movies....YIPPEE...YIPPEE.

I'll check in later. Have a great day!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ok, today was an EPIC FAIL! (in the food department:grumble: ) Yesterday I had my grandmother's 97th birthday party, and THAT was NOT a good food day either. I have not gone in and added yesterday's food, but I am POSTITIVE that it would be an EPIC FAIL also! Last night we stayed at my dad's house. This morning I wake up to Nana Lora making waffles, HOMEMADE waffles! No mixes for her. Ok, I do good with this challenge and only have 1/4 of a waffle. For lunch she made fried bonless-skinless chicken, REAL mashed potatoes, cream gravy, and leftover chocolate sheet cake. Oh yum. I only took one serving of chicken, and tried for a small one, but my true downfall is the mashed potatoes. They have been my biggest weakness my whole life. She made extra because I was there, if that tells you about my "potato reputation.":ohwell: Then the made from scratch sheet cake. I don't have enough will power to turn down this deliciousness! BEFORE dinner, I am looking at being 600+ over for today! YIKES!:noway: To top it off, I am hungry. My husband is right now grilling steaks. *sigh* I'm going to cook up a bunch of veggies, break out the carrots, and eat a bunch of those. Hopefully I can stop the spiral at about 1300 over. I'll be spending the rest of the week trying to catch up.:grumble:

I in NO way blame my dad's wife. This is totally my own fault. I lacked ANY semblance of will power. On a good note, this is the first time in a long time that my 2yo son ate all his meat and left the carbs on his plate! This NEVER happens, because he is a true "carbovore." (Still had to coerce him to eat his veggie, but he's getting better about that. Sort of:ohwell: )

Here's to good choices for the rest of the week!:drinker:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'M BACK!! I have been MIA for a couple of weeks. I was playing in the pit orchestra for a college production of "Beauty and the Beast", and once we got into daily rehearsals, I seemed to lose the ability to budget my time to post in or even read posts in my groups. (I can't imagine why - I was leaving the house at 7:30am to go to work, getting home about 4:00, fixing dinner, trying to get things around for the next day, leaving by 6pm for rehearsal, and getting home about 11:30pm daily. Thank goodness I survived!) I did manage to consistently log my food every day, though, and actually lost a little over a pound. Anyway, did you miss me? I missed you!
    The final performance was last Sunday, and I had a pretty busy week this week, so I'm just getting back in the swing of things today. I am thrilled to be back, and promise to try to pop in every day or two now. My weigh in is tomorrow morning, and after my loss last week, I really think that I might have lost again. It would be awesome to be able to say that I had broken the plateau that I have been on for 3 months! Oh, to see my ticker say 75 pounds lost would be a dream come true after such a long dry spell while I just keep plugging away. I tried to cross my fingers and toes, but decided it would be too uncomfortable to stay that way all night! :wink:
    So anyway, good night to all and: Here's to smart choices!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Start weight: 281.2
    Jan. 3: 281.2
    Jan. 8: 281.2
    Jan. 15: 280.6
    Jan. 22: 280.4
    Jan. 29: 279.6
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12: 280.4
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 15: 276.4
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Goal 250

Look at my ticker, look at my ticker, look at my ticker!!! I finally made it past the 75 hump that I have been fighting since Thanksgiving!

And - I bet you never heard anyone be excited about this before - I AM OBESE! Yes, after a long time of being classified as "morbidly obese" - a phrase that I really hate - my loss has put me into the obese category! Woo hoo!

Here's hoping that this signifies the end of my three month plateau, because keeping a good attitude, continuing to log calories and work out, and not whine throughout this has taken everything that I have. Look out world, overweight here I come!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 3 day 1 of the Insanity program which means it was time for me to complete my second fit test. I had a late start b/c I'm totally missing my hour of sleep. I decided not to eat breakfast before completing the fit test so I wouldn't be as nauseous as I was on day 1. Each exercise is performed for a minute w/a quick break in between before beginning the next one. Here are my results from fit test 1 and 2:

Test 1: Test 2:

Switch kicks: 50 / 70

Power jacks: 57 / 70

Power knees: 80 / 95

Power jumps: 32 / 44

Globe jumps: 8 reps (32 jumps total) / 10 reps (40 jumps total) (4 jumps = 1)

Suicide jumps: 12 / 18

Push up jacks: 20 / 32

Low plank oblique: 40 / 54
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Start weight: 175
    Jan. 15: 173
    Jan. 22: 170
    Jan. 29: 170
    Feb. 5: 170
    Feb. 12:169
    Feb. 19: 168
    Feb. 26: 168
    March 5: 167
    March 12: New scale 167 old scale 165:smile:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30:155
    Goal is to get down to 135 to 140
  • msh0530
    Options
    Just saw this link on another post. All I can say is Oh my goodness!
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/1027360/woman-aims-to-become-worlds-fattest
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Just saw this link on another post. All I can say is Oh my goodness!
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/1027360/woman-aims-to-become-worlds-fattest

That's just SICK. That woman is DESTROYING her body, and for what? A perverted sexual fetish? AND she's bringing up a child while doing this? What kind of a future will that child have, with parents who think that it's okay to ABUSE themselves to this level, and get PAID by PERVERTS who want watch them do it?

Seriously, this turns my stomach. :mad: