May Day Challenge! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today is week 4 day 2 of the Insanity program and I completed the Cardio Power & Resistance dvd. While I'm no where near mastering this program I'm finding myself getting a tad bit bored w/the repetition of the dvds and need to find some way to keep it fresh. My history has shown is that when I get bored I begin to dread working out and then stop altogether. I have no desire for this to happen this time around so I'm trying to pay attention to the signs.

I may look into taking a boot camp class for at least a month. When I took 2 sessions back in the fall I had a blast and absolutely loved the fact that the instructor changed it up frequently so I never knew what to expect. I saw pretty good results too my only problem of course was $$$$.

If anyone has suggestions please feel free to share.

Its no fun talking to myself but I will continue to post regardless.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Just need to vent for a sec. My schedule has been so out of whack these last several weeks. Yes, I'm still seeing the numbers drop on the scale, which is great, but my exercise routine is just not happening the way it was. I've been and continue to walk on my breaks at work. I usually combine my morning and afternoon breaks and walk 2 miles on the skywalk in about 25 minutes. But I had also been getting in a really good cardio or strength training DVD in the evenings after my 15 month old gets in the bed. Well, she has decided she likes staying up much later now (yippee:grumble: ) which makes it impossible to work out because she is so clingy by the evening time (because she's so tired but won't go to sleep--go figure:huh: ). And as if that's not enough, she and my 2 1/2 year old have now decided they like to take turns getting up in the middle of the night (and my 2 1/2 year old refuses to go back to sleep-they cry if you put them in their beds and they share a room, so if one is crying, the other is waking up--ugghh!:angry: ). So with one of the two up for 30 minutes to 2 hours every night (they really like 3 am), it is also impossible for a NON-morning kind of person like myself to get up and do my DVD in the morning. I just really don't want to see all the progress I've made go out the window, and I still have a lot of toning to do, which is impossible without some exercise. My husband owns a trucking business and is gone for about a week and a half at a time, so I'm a single mom most of the time...you get the picture. I'm just extremely frustrated with the situation. Now baseball season has started with my oldest (almost 7) so between ball practice, church, ball games, etc., our evenings are F-U-L-L (so much for routine), making my dilemma even more frustrating. Okay, I'll stop. Thanks for letting me vent and whine :sad: .
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!
    I tore my hamstring playing flag football at lunch today!!!!!
    :mad:

I am so MAD! Aside from being in pain... it's a good thing I'm at an Osteopathic Medical school... I can get physical manipulation and a lesson at the same time!

Well, I am NOT going to give up! I will have to watch my calories more closely, and I can still do punches and crunches... they said at least 3 weeks before I can think about doing anything, and even then it will probably be just swimming... which is fine. I used to compete, but I was pretty burned out at the end... maybe that will awaken a new love of it?

So, no more Jillian Michaels... no more Couch to 5K... (sigh) and I was so looking forward to a run today... Nice warm morning and snowing like CRAZY this afternoon! HA!

Anyway, while some things will have to be on hold, I look at this point as a challenge to not make excuses and eat whatever and fall off the workout wagon! I will push through this and do what I can while I heal just like CHOCOLICKKYSS! Quite and inspiration for me personally!

Good night all! Have a great rest of your week!
    : )
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I have upped the intensity (not the time or distance) on my swimming for the past two days, and I AM TIRED! However, I know that this too shall pass, and I will be able to do that much more. A year ago, although I swam a fair amount, I could not do more than one lap of the crawl stroke, and it had me panting and wondering if I could make it. As of this week, I am swimming 1/3 of a mile several times a week, and 80% of it is the crawl stroke! I am hoping to make it 100% within another month or so. Hope all are doing well, and here's to smart choices!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! It's the middle of the week and a beautiful day out and I couldn't be more excited. Today is week 4 day 3 of the Insanity Program and I completed the Plyometric Cardio Circuit dvd. Yesterday I posted about being a bit bored w/the Insanity program and a few of my fellow MFPers offered some really good advice and I decided to take the advice and use it in this mornings workout. I was told by few different ppl to select a particular part of the workout and try to improve in that area. So w/today's Plyometric workout I decided to focus on improving my ability in completing the first circuit (suicide drills, power jacks, standing mountain climbers, ski downs).

Thank to all that offered some suggestions on how to get through this bit of boredom. I'm unsure if I can do it long term but it did help today and that's what it's about.....One Day at a Time!

Have a great day everyone.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    It's Thursday, It's Thursday, one more day before the weekend can begin! Today is week 4 day 4 of the Insanity program which means it's a recovery day, Yippee, Yippee! Instead of completing the Cardio Recovery dvd I rocked it out this morning to Cardio X of the P90X. I really like that dvd b/c it gives you a little bit of everything (Yoga X, Kenpo X, Plyo & Core) and it's not as long as the other P90X workouts.

Sphinctress: I hope that hamstring gets to feeling better soon and you have alternatives workouts so you can stay active. Btw, thank for calling me an inspiration, who would of ever thought.
  • sphinctress
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Well, inspite of the hammy, I did punches and crunches, and didn't go over my caloric goal. YAY!

ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR THINGS I CAN DO WITH UPPER BODY WHILE MY HAMSTRING HEALS?

So far I have not eaten anything past 8 o'clock this week! Hopefully that will show tomorrow. hee.hee.

Chocolickkyss, was I reading your work out post right in that you are working out with 2 different systems on different off days? WOW!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Sphinctress - I think there are some upper body workouts available for free on here:
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length

Enjoy! (Hope this helps.)
  • sphinctress
    Options
    Sphinctress - I think there are some upper body workouts available for free on here:
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length

Enjoy! (Hope this helps.)

Thanks Mary,
    I'll check them out!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Start weight: 131 lbs (12/18/09)
    Dec. 25: 129.5 lbs
    Jan. 1: 130 lbs
    Jan. 8: 127 lbs
    Jan. 15: 126.5 lbs
    Jan. 22: 126 lbs
    Jan. 29: 124 lbs
    Feb. 5: 124 lbs
    Feb. 12: 124 lbs
    Feb. 19: 124 lbs
    Feb. 26: 124 lbs
    March 5: 124 kbs
    March 12: 124 lbs
    March 19: 125 lbs
    March 26: 125 lbs
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 125 lbs

I guess I did gain a pound after all but I'm not too worried b/c it is still within my ideal goal weight range (123 - 125 lbs). I would like to lose it though just b/c I don't like the idea of gaining but I have also decreased my body fat % by 1%, so, I'm pleased that I'm at least toning. I do need to focus more so that I can continue to lose inches in my waist. It seems like every other area is getting smaller but that one.

Anyway, I hope everyone is happy w/what they see on the scale this morning. I can't believe we only have 5 more weeks of this particular challenge and how well everyone has consistently done. Job well done ladies!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone's day get's off to a wonderful start and you're able to get an excellent workout in. Today is week 4 day 5 of the Insanity program so I completed the Pure Cardio dvd.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 176
    Dec. 25: 174.6
    Jan. 1: 173.0
    Jan. 8: 171.8
    Jan. 15: 169.0
    Jan. 22: 166.4
    Jan. 29: 165.4
    Feb. 5: 164
    Feb. 12: 162 Just 7 more pounds to my goal!!!
    Feb. 19: 162--blah! (TOM)
    Feb. 26: 160 (My original goal--yay me!)
    March 5: 158.6
    March 12: 156.6
    March 19: 155.2--Almost there!!!!
    March 26: 151.8
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 155 (changing this from 160--I'm feeling motivated!)

Wow! I've exceeded my goal. Not real sure how that happened this week (probably all muscle since I've not done anything other than walking for exercise:sad: ). But I'm HAPPY!!!!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 244.2
    weigh-in Jan.1- 240.2
    Jan. 8: 237.4
    Jan. 15: 235.2
    Jan. 22: 231
    Jan. 29: 228.2
    Feb. 5: 224.6
    Feb. 12: 222.6 (mini-goal 225)
    Feb. 19: 219
    Feb. 26: 215.8
    March 5: 213.4
    March 12: 211.2
    March 19: 208.8
    March 26: 205.4
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: (205)
    - looks like i should be aiming for 201, or even 199 by april 30.

okay, looks like i will be at goal next week. Hopefully this means by the time this challenge is over i will be able to meet 201, which is 100 lost for me. (Even better if i can make it to 199, back in "onederland" by April 30) -katie
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    Welcome to weigh-in Friday!!! The few of you that have posted your weigh-ins for today are doing a great job!!! I can't believe I've stuck with this without giving up and it's actually paying off :) I love you MFP and this group!!!

Started MFP: 1/14/10
    WEEKLY WEIGH-INS
    Start weight: 185
    Jan. 1: 184.8
    Jan. 8: 182.4
    Jan. 15: 179.6
    Jan. 22: 178
    Jan. 29: 177.4
    Feb. 5: 173.4
    Feb. 12: 173.4
    Feb. 19: 173.4
    Feb. 26: 171.2
    March 5: 168.2
    March 12: 169
    March 19: 167.6
    March 26: 166.2 (almost to 20 lbs loss goal!!!!)
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 155!!!
    Ultimate Goal: *145*
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Start weight: 175
    Jan. 15: 173
    Jan. 22: 170
    Jan. 29: 170
    Feb. 5: 170
    Feb. 12:169
    Feb. 19: 168
    Feb. 26: 168
    March 5: 167
    March 12: New scale 167 old scale 165
    March 19: 166.4
    March 26: 166.0
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30:155
    Goal is to get down to 135 to 140
  • rebecca413
    Options
    Start weight: 208.3
    Dec. 25: 206
    Jan. 1: 202.3
    Jan. 8: 200
    Jan. 15: 197.8
    Jan. 22: 195.6
    Jan. 29: 193.8
    Feb. 5: 192.6
    Feb. 12: 192.2
    Feb. 19: 189.2
    Feb. 26:
    March 5: 187.2 (Mini goal - 188 met!!)
    March 12: 190.0
    March 19: 186.8
    March 26: 186
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 178
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 182
    Dec. 25: 182
    Jan. 1: Didn't weigh in
    Jan. 8: 180
    Jan. 15: 177
    Jan. 22: 178
    Jan. 29: 175
    Feb. 5: 174
    Feb. 12: 174
    Feb. 19: 171
    Feb. 26: 170
    March 5: 170
    March 12: 169
    March 19: Didn't weigh in
    March 26: 169
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 165!!!

Confession time. While I haven't totally fallen off the wagon, the last week has me hanging onto the running boards by my fingernails.:laugh: I haven't done my sit up challenge in over a week. I haven't planned out my meals for 3 weeks. I haven't been very consistent in logging my food for a couple weeks (I was keeping a running tally in my head, just not on the computer). There are all kinds of excuses, but not a single good reason in why this has happened. :ohwell:

My goal for this week is to log everyday and to plan out my meals for the whole week Sunday afternoon BEFORE I go shopping (makes it MUCH easier!). I will check in everyday to let you know how I am progressing on these goals. Next week I will add back in the situp challenge.

The good news is that I've maintained through my little hiatus.:happy:
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 137
    Jan. 1: 137
    Jan. 8: 135
    Jan. 15: 134
    Jan. 22: 134
    Jan. 29: 135
    Feb. 5: 135
    Feb. 12: 134
    Feb. 19: 133.5
    Feb. 26: 134 up a little but TOM arggg!!
    March 5: 134
    March 12: 133.5
    March 19: Didn't weigh
    March 26: 133.5
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 129

Well, kiddies were on spring break last week so did not weigh in or workout as much but luckily did not go up any. Still doing sit up challenge but am one day behind so will catch up this weekend, on week 5. Does anyone else who is doing the sit up challenge finds it easier to just keep going then all the stopping and starting? I can always do more when I am doing the fatigue challenges but doing the actual workout gets my stomach more.
    Have a nice weekend!
  • lisawest
    Options
    Does anyone else who is doing the sit up challenge finds it easier to just keep going then all the stopping and starting? I can always do more when I am doing the fatigue challenges but doing the actual workout gets my stomach more.

When I wasn't slacking off, I found that also. Good job on sticking with the situps! I will get back in there with you later this week! (I have two music festivals between now and Wednesday. I don't know if I could handle the sore tummy muscles on top of the stress!:blushing: )

You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!
  • lisawest
    Options
    My goal for this week is to log everyday and to plan out my meals for the whole week Sunday afternoon BEFORE I go shopping (makes it MUCH easier!). I will check in everyday to let you know how I am progressing on these goals. Next week I will add back in the situp challenge.

Ok, step one to reaching my goals for the week- I have logged all of my food for the day today. I finished with about 100 cals left. I'll be having one of my Skinny Cow ice cream bars in a few minutes to help lower that deficit.

Step two- tomorrow for breakfast I will have 2 chocolate rice cakes with White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter and a banana (sliced on top of the rice cakes is DELICIOUS!), I will probably have some fruits and veggies for snack (I will be at a music festival, so it will be whatever f&v they have in the hospitality room). For lunch it will be Subway, either a 6" roast beef, or chicken sub with no chips, and water to drink. I don't know what the dinner plans are just yet because I will be at my cousin's house. However, I know that whatever we decide will be pretty good calorie-wise. The tough part of tomorrow will be the party I am going to tomorrow evening. I don't know what all my little sis will be serving, but I will be very careful to watch that I stick to veggies and fruits.

Sunday will be breakfast at my cousin's house, lunch with my in-laws, and dinner at snack at home. I will post tomorrow sometime the details of those meals (I have to talk with MIL first to see what is on the menu for lunch:laugh: ).

I WILL get back to the habits that worked so well for me to begin with! I will NOT have to pull the jeans I just packed up back out! I REFUSE TO!!!!!!:angry: (that's not really an "angry" face, more like DETERMINED!!!)