Deleting Friends...

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I delete people for using foul language.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I delete if:

-they eat more cookies in a day than me (if they can pull it off, they are NOT trying to diet)
    -they are stuck up
    -they say "you offended me and you should know why"... I don't know why.. adios
    -they promote cleansing, dr oz, or any beach body product
    -they have poor taste in sports teams
    -they don't show suffcient skin.. that goes for the men on my FL too ;)
    -they tell me they are a lawyer in every topic they make
    -they favor emotion over logic
    -they don't respect Chuck Norris and MacGyver
    -they say I'm too picky
    -they agree with everything I say
    -they are hypocritical
    -they don't read this post and write "bacon" on my profile to prove it

are pants a requirement?
    not, but lingerie is..... and that goes for men again as well...
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do to avoid all this nonsense, don't add anyone you don't personally know. Problem solved!

If anything, I'd be deleting my RL friends and family first.

Whiners.
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    Sorry if this feels bad in some way, but the only people I have deleted is those who overexercise/post they have burned 4 digit calories doing something I considered a cheat-device a.k.a Elliptical :/, I feel sad like if people lie to themselves.

This. I know someone who I deleted that kept posting every day that they were burning over 1500 calories per exercise yet tried to say I was lying when I posted a 965 calorie burn (I use an HRM and it's accurate) so I'd know what I burned.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad when I get deleted on here. This is a place of support. When people don't want to support me every day, it really feels like "What is this all about?" It hurts. I mean, I do my best. I say WTG!, Good job! Great burn! Way to stay under! every time my friends post something. I'm a good friend. I'm supportive. I care about people and only want people to care back about me. I really wish anyone who deleted me would just give me an explanation as to why? I've lost sleep over this because I can't help but wonder if I was supportive enough or not. It's tough. Keep your chin up and keep moving. There are supportive people on MFP.

YOU deleted ME!

NO I DIDN'T! :cry:

yes, you're not on my FL anymore......
  • KatKisses
    Options
    It makes me sad when I get deleted on here. This is a place of support. When people don't want to support me every day, it really feels like "What is this all about?" It hurts. I mean, I do my best. I say WTG!, Good job! Great burn! Way to stay under! every time my friends post something. I'm a good friend. I'm supportive. I care about people and only want people to care back about me. I really wish anyone who deleted me would just give me an explanation as to why? I've lost sleep over this because I can't help but wonder if I was supportive enough or not. It's tough. Keep your chin up and keep moving. There are supportive people on MFP.

YOU deleted ME!

And that Sandwich farter guy did too!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    -They are inactive
    -They don't reciprocate motivation
    -When there is NO CONNECTION

Why keep them? I am not here to make everyone happy... I am here for me not the slackers who aren't serious about this.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    BritneysStuntDouble Posts: 849 Member
    Options

YOU deleted ME!

Oooooooooooooooo, I hate that guy! :angry: :explode: :mad: :grumble: :frown:
  • KatKisses
    Options

YOU deleted ME!

Oooooooooooooooo, I hate that guy! :angry: :explode: :mad: :grumble: :frown:

LOL :drinker:
  • hollyjane77
    Options
    I've never unfriended anyone, but I've been unfriended before (most likely because of a period of inactivity). I completely understand why other MFP users delete inactive friends, but I guess I just kind of feel like my friends who haven't logged in for a while have their reasons and will need support when they come back. I might unfriend someone if they were trying to sell me things though. I could see how that would be annoying. Hasn't happened yet.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I've been on here less than a month.....................and I've already deleted 5 people. I only have 18 friends of now, and 2 of them I "attained" in the last few days, and 2 more friend requests I denied, with a nice little note to go with it.

Here's my deal................I use to have my profile on "public, so you could see my "about me" section that clearly states I'm not here for a popularity contest, I want supportive ppl on my friends list, I'll be supportive back, yada yada yada...............but I actually took the time to write all this. They friend me, and still I remind them to read my about me section. They all agree, and what do you know.............the only time they comment me is when I say I'm going to the beach, or something personal............which is cool, I guess, but I'd rather get some, "hey good job working out" or what not. For me personally, I was coming to the realization that they were interested more in my personal life than anything else. I might of been a tad bit flirty with some of them in the forums, but I'm just having a good time. If I added every person I interacted with in a forum, I'd be the coolest guy on here...........I'm kidding................I also like a small friends list so I can keep my commitment to my friends, about being supportive, commenting, and so. Accountability is BIG to me.

Maybe some of the ones I deleted were not intentional avoiding my "workout" and food log sections, but there friends list are so big, there wall is probably constantly moving. So have the some incredibly "off the wall" comments about whats going on in the forums, on there personal wall. Too much for me.

I have even apologized to my friends for possibly "blowing up" there wall with all my posting's to different topic's that show up on there wall. Most responded very nicely, and assured me it's no probably. MOST of my friends, have a short friend list as well, most are married, and or, way more mature than me, most of the time.

This isn't Myspace or Facebook to me, although I've never been on Facebook, I've been told this is similar in many aspects(damn it).

Someone told me about this website, and I joined for the health aspect. I've obviously learned there's a lot more to it then health, ie: I'm responded to someone asking why his friends list got shorter. I'm down with messing around, I guess, but I'm also figuring out your not suppose to say too much here. A lot of feelings get hurt, and there's obviously some sort of fantasy responses to some of these forums, my opinion.

My main reason here is to get healthy, not popular.

This, of course, is my reasons.

happy friend hunting!

I have 16 friends, not 18, and the newest are always on the ropes............
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i've only deleted one person..
    she was on the verge of a eating disorder, i tried to talk her out of the "Skinnygirl" unhealthy diet.
    and she wouldnt listen..but, basically she ate 300 calories everyday and i was worried about her.

I've deleted only one and it was for the same reason above.. Kept getting updates on her binging and purging and how much she hated herself.

yeah! hey, maybe we had the same friend?! lol
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I make my friends take a compatibility test every 4 weeks, and I cut those under 70%.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I've deleted people because I ended up with little 16 year old girls lying about their age on here whining about 16 year old girl's problems.... not much for me to say there. And people who eat like, 700 calories a day, every day and whine about feeling fat simultaneously. I guess I don't like whiners! And when I offer any kind of constructive feedback, they don't respond. I like fun, encouraging people who I can encourage back.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Reasons I've deleted friends:
    -dude has a tumblr full of pictures of his junk that he'd like me to check out
    -constant status updates about anything and everything clogging up my feed
    -whining about their latest "binge" and what a failure they are every other day
    -dudes with TMI about their man parts and sexual escapades
    -da giRRRLz dat tyPE LYke dis
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Just people will terrible, terrible self destructive habits who post disturbing things all day and you can't even help because they'd probably blow up at you for saying anything. Like... seriously needs medical help kind of stuff.

It's discouraging to me as well to watch someone do that.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I delete people who have been gone a week or more. if they had announced they were going on vacay that would be a consideration but lately i notice its the same people over and over. I am gonna start deleting people who are absent even just a few days if they continue to do it every week. I feel like logging in isn't that hard and if thy aren't that serious then maybe they aren't the friends for me.

I delete people who are negative. I can't lose weight. I'll be fat forever. Dieting is too hard. Working out is too hard. Arrrgggghhh shut up already!!!

sometimes I delete people who never interract with me. not usually, though I doubt I'd be missed by some. A couple people haven't ever commented on my page
  • alaliberte
    Options
    I delete because I can. People delete me, because they can. It's really easy...add me and I'll show you

I missed this the first time around...where the frick is my "like" button?! :)
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Reasons I've deleted friends:
    -dude has a tumblr full of pictures of his junk that he'd like me to check out
    -constant status updates about anything and everything clogging up my feed
    -whining about their latest "binge" and what a failure they are every other day
    -dudes with TMI about their man parts and sexual escapades
    -da giRRRLz dat tyPE LYke dis

hahahahahah. I like this too...
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    There needs to be support both ways. If that is not happening then there seems to be little point in continuing the friendship.

This is a good point ^^^^^^