Happiness is a Myth

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not a myth, it's just really hard to find sometimes. Sort of like the Higgs Boson particle.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Being Happy is a myth...Its an illusion to what we all are trying to attain. In everything we do in our daily lives its this deluded concept that what we are doing can somehow make us happy. We go to our jobs to slave away and earn a few dollars to buy stuff. We bite into a warm chocolate chip cookie for 5 seconds of bliss. A cigarette, a drink, a relationship, SEX. None of it is happiness its this false short lived instant... a brief moment. Its all a lie

If the whole world smells like *kitten*, maybe you should check your pants.
  • freedomischaos
    freedomischaos Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My favorite comic: VU3Dz.jpg
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    What a sad statement on life. Happiness is only a myth to people who think of it as a destination to be reached. It is a state of mind for those who appreciate where they are at the moment. Beer can't take you there......

This is the truth of it. Attitude is everything, and yours sucks. Stop chasing some unattainable ideal. It's ok to just be mostly content, with ups and downs along the way. The idea of being in a perfect state of constant bliss just sounds creepy and unnatural to me.

A lot of people seem to have this unrealistic ideal of what life should be like, and when things don't turn out as they'd envisioned them, and happiness doesn't just magically happen, they are crushed and disillusioned. That's just sad...and it's a waste of a perfectly good opportunity to create your own happiness.

I feel happy MOST of the time, probably because I'm looking for the good and I don't have unrealistic expectations for a perfect life. People who seek perfection will always be disappointed. Sure, sometimes I feel discouraged or disheartened, but it doesn't last. I think the challenges are what really makes me appreciate the good things when they come around. I hope you come over to the bright side of life. It's nicer over here.:flowerforyou:

ETA: Sometimes, it's not just a bad attitude. You know, if you have a chemical imbalance in your brain that is causing severe depression, that will make happiness elusive. You may not even be able to access the parts of your brain that remember what happiness felt like. Until the depression is treated or goes into remission, happiness may SEEM like a myth. Even depressive people can find happiness. They just need to get up and out of that deep, dark hole - and sometimes that takes help. I hope you find some. :heart:
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Aww this is too cute :-)

WARNING: If you don't beleive in happiness, best not to read my profile, it may cause an adverse reaction!
    HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE :flowerforyou: :happy: :smile: :tongue: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • DrJeep
    DrJeep Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Very true, to add to that.

156458_438499279551385_1369745380_n.jpg
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Being Happy is a myth...Its an illusion to what we all are trying to attain. In everything we do in our daily lives its this deluded concept that what we are doing can somehow make us happy. We go to our jobs to slave away and earn a few dollars to buy stuff. We bite into a warm chocolate chip cookie for 5 seconds of bliss. A cigarette, a drink, a relationship, SEX. None of it is happiness its this false short lived instant... a brief moment. Its all a lie

You could start cutting yourself, I hear that helps.
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Happiness is not a myth...I SWEAR!! I have visited there before!! :wink:

I knew I've seen you some place

Let me know the next time you're there! Maybe we can hang out!