abs under 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm a dad and my wife would likely do the same thing. I'm not mad at her, but I do wish she'd stop bringing it up.

*I* keep bringing it up???? After the first time, I'm only responding to comments said directly to me.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    This is getting rediculous.

You're right, your son is super ripped and huge. Can we just get to the part where everyone laughs?
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    This is getting rediculous.

You're right, your son is super ripped and huge. Can we just get to the part where everyone laughs?

:laugh:
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    patti, don't you think the whole theme about your son would go away if you stopped chiming in about him, specifically? We get it. Triathletes are skinny compared to BB's. He's a triathlete. Compared to a BB, he's skinny. Compared to a skinnyfat office worker who doesn't train, he's ripped. He's your son and you love him and you're proud of him and he's probably good at what he likes to do.

I'm only responding to comments made directly to me. I was waiting for the OP to acknowledge that someone could be under 200lbs, not be skinny, and still be ripped.

One of my friends on here saw a pic of my son. He said that BB's will say anyone is "skinny" if they don't have a neck as big as their head or look like big, beefy, roid-heads. My son doesn't look like that at all.

By the way, this has nothing to do with my son. I jump in threads like these often. It amuses me how many people will put down other people's bodies on a fitness site. If you lose 150lbs, but don't lift weight, you're "skinny fat" and still don't look good. If you have abs, but weigh less than 200, you're just skinny. Happens on the boards every day.
  • peuglow
    Options
    Yes you are certainly a champion for all those who aren't reading this thread.

But seriously, do you know what relativity means? Because everyone has mentioned that and yet you seem to completely ignore it.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    But seriously, do you know what relativity means? Because everyone has mentioned that and yet you seem to completely ignore it.

No, I read it and agreed with it. Keep up with the posts.
  • peuglow
    Options
    I'm only responding to comments made directly to me. I was waiting for the OP to acknowledge that someone could be under 200lbs, not be skinny, and still be ripped.
    Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but when the OP said someone under 200 lbs isn't ripped by his definition (regardless of anything else due to his criteria of what is 'ripped') yet you continue to harp on it, this makes me question whether you truly understand the subject matter.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny" - Just heard this on the EliteFTS podcast. Looks like its time for you guys to start bulking!

it also reminds me of the saying:

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

That's what the meatheads have to tell themselves to make up for the fact that most women think the 185 lb ripped guys (i.e., "figure chicks") look better.

There is such a thing as *too muscular* when thinking in terms of sexual attraction.

Ok then can the opposite can be said?

There is such a thing as too fat when thinking in terms of sexual attraction.

I promise you that a major portion of legit body builders have stunningly hot wives, because surprise surprise, some women find that *too muscular* body attractive. Just because YOU personally don't like it doesn't mean you speak for the rest of the world.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

1320557909189.jpg
  • Plates559
    Options
    24944921.jpg
  • Plates559
    Options

Yes someone under 200 CAN be ripped. But according to the EFTS standards THAT THIS TOPIC IS ALL ABOUT you son would STILL be skinny.

When he looks like Franco Colombu and can STILL do well in triathlons I'll drop my weights and start riding a bike.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options

I can assure you that THIS fat chick's big boobs count.

So, if big boobs don't count. Do my small boobs count givin I am a fat chick? LOL... I have already lost half of them with this weight loss so the answer better be yes...lol..
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The boobs on this Fatchick do count toooo mmmmmmmmk! lol
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    So, if big boobs don't count. Do my small boobs count givin I am a fat chick? LOL... I have already lost half of them with this weight loss so the answer better be yes...lol..

According to EFTS standards, those boobs don't count. :wink:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

ALLLLLL THE BOOBS COUNT!!!!
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Riiiight because at 5ft I should be 200lbs or over? Am I going to be the next Mr Universe with that amount of muscle needed to get that weight?

Where my steroids at yo... That about the only way for my height to actually even come close to that with abs showing...
  • Plates559
    Options

To define the boob quote since only a few seems to understand...

If you are a obese woman and your only bragging point is your large boobs, you have nothing to be proud of. Due to the fact that breasts get larger as you gain weight. JUST LIKE if you are a scrawny guy and your only bragging point is your abs, you have nothing to be proud of. Due to the face that having visible abs is all about low body fat percentage.

Stop getting hung up on if you have boobs or abs, and go deadlift Jupiter.
  • Plates559
    Options
    Can't see the pic Plates posted....very sad.

Its the referee from the clay-mation show Celebrity Death Match (on mtv) saying "I'll allow it!"
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    To define the boob quote since only a few seems to understand...

If you are a obese woman and your only bragging point is your large boobs, you have nothing to be proud of. Due to the fact that breasts get larger as you gain weight. JUST LIKE if you are a scrawny guy and your only bragging point is your abs, you have nothing to be proud of. Due to the face that having visible abs is all about low body fat percentage.

This keeps getting better and better. So, now you're telling people what they should and should not be proud of?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Can't see the pic Plates posted....very sad.

Its the referee from the clay-mation show Celebrity Death Match (on mtv) saying "I'll allow it!"
    :laugh: Nice. :happy: