• jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    WOW - Guess I am on the wrong thread.

Only if you are 14!
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think you just have a dirty mind....................you said there 14...............they probably don't have the money, nor wanted to spend the money on an actual "pirate" outfit.................probably working with what they got, and your mind working with what you got.

Give em a break, it's halloween anyways. Are only adults allowed to dress as hookers? are little boys not allowed to dress as little devils? Are you the Halloween (dic)tator?

Wow, I think you just won the award for "kids say the darndest things!" Really? I mean common asking something like "Are only adults allowed to dress as hookers?" UM YEAH, UNLESS YOU ARE A MOTHER ON TODDLERS AND TIARAS :noway: remember, the (Julia Roberts Character from Pretty Woman episode -- was thinking "WTF IS THAT MOTHER THINKING! *b*tch slap*) :noway:

Personally, I think there is something horribly wrong with the PARENTS of these children. They should seriously be ASHAMED. I would NEVER let my child leave the house wearing that junk unless they were 19+ and had made their own decision.... :noway:
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bad parenting or bad society? probably both.

I have to agree. Society's social conditioning is F*CKING RIDICULOUS! On the other hand, bad parenting is always a 2nd. We have to write in here somewhere that there is personal choice of the "14" year old and they would have better choices if both of those things weren't so f*cked up! Just disgusting... :sick:
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    . Are only adults allowed to dress as hookers?

YES

Um yeahhhh
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    The mother of my ex boyfriends daughters always dresses them inappropriate. They're 7 and 9 and dressed up as belly dancers for halloween.. I cant tell if its a real cropped top or theres a nude/sheer fabric covering their stomachs.

Still not as bad as some of the outfits Ive seen them in. Micro skirts (and Im saying micro because Ive never seen a child wear a skirt that short). She'll dress them in dresses or shirts that just have the triangle pieces covering the boobs. Like I thought that style of top was meant for women who want to show off their cleavage lol, what happened????

One day I saw something leopard print with pink frillies on my floor, thought it was lingerie, but it was a piece of one of their bikinis. Like where does their mother shop?! :S

She also highlights their hair regularly, thats not as bad as the clothes she buys them, but still why?? Why make your daughters grow up so fast.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    WOW - Guess I am on the wrong thread.

Only if you are 14!

LOL
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    I say if they want to dress like that, treat them like they look. Tell them to get off your porch before you call the cops.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    The question is what do they wear the other 364 days of the year.

Really, Halloween is an excuse to let loose a little bit and have some fun. Beyond that I won't generalize.
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    perhaps the partents did try to discourage them not to dress up like that... I picture a lot of arguing, shouting, and lots of attitudes (probably from both parties) and the parents gave up and let her do whatever she wanted. I can see this happening with my cousin, sadly if she wanted to do such thing.
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    What bothers me is that she is 14 and trick or treating

hahahah I laughed to loud on this 1! lol
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    PROSTATOTS!!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    This whole topic is repulsive. You people are repulsive. That's so wrong, to judge a fourteen year old girl for dressing like she's "asking for it". No. No. No one asks for it. They aren't dressing slutty. They are dressing up. Nobody deserves to be judged for what they wear, especially by adults who are so ignorant that they have to judge young girls. You are a disgrace to humanity. You are not their parent, mind your own god damn business.

Sorry.. *walks away downtrodden and appropriately chastised*
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    When I was 15 years old, a girlfriend and I thought it would be a good idea to dress up as actual hookers and go trick or treating. Her mother even did our hair. If I could go back in time, I would seriously kick my own a**. And her mother's a** for that matter. Teenage girls are stupid, they don't think. That is all.
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is that she is 14 and trick or treating

I went trick or treating til i was 18... and i know people that do it in college as 20, 21, and even 22 year olds
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    TRIGGER WARNING: Assault

I would just like to say that this thread is heavily based on rape culture. I will not explain completely what it is here due to trigger warnings, but I'll say a little bit about it.

Rape culture is, in part, fueled by the old-fashioned belief that what someone wears will provoke a rape or sexual assault. The average bottom wear for an assault victim (which, by the way, is 1 in 4 people) is sweatpants. In my case, I was wearing jeans and a regular t-shirt.
    Part of it is also dubbed "slut-shaming," condemning either someone's choices OR their parents, in younger cases, because they are "asking for it" by what they wear.
    Halloween is one of the big days of the year where everyone likes to circle around rape culture and continuing to fuel each other to live in fear.

Assault, rape, and perversion are not caused nor provoked by clothing. Rape and related crimes happen because there are people out there that constantly think in rape culture; most rapists don't even know that they are or can be classified as such, because rape culture justifies such behavior and blames these crimes on the victim.

^ Thank you. :flowerforyou:

I'm honestly just trying to spread the word. America has never been sex positive (assuming OP is from there, most people here are) It's a very difficult movement trying to get people to come away from age-old myths.
    I haven't read all of the pages, but I'd also like to add that the majority of sexual assault victims are assaulted by someone they KNOW. Odds are, they aren't meeting them Halloween night.

Also, we are assuming the parents with them were HER parents. She could have been a friend if they were in a group. And I've known a LOT of teenage girls who left in a sheet dressed as a ghost and then arrived at a friends house and changed!