14 year old girls dressed as h**kers trick-or-treating

Options

Replies

• myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Kind of doubly weird when presumably the parents teach their children not to talk to strangers and never to take candy from strangers for the whole year except for one night when they let them dress up as prostitutes and actually send them out to ask complete strangers for candy.

Bizzare.

This is exactly the message I tell my kids. Schools teach "stranger danger" all the time. But, there's an exception come Halloween? Twisted! We don't do Halloween, either. We live so rural our house is invisible in the pitch black night. Even in our local news this morning there was a story of someone putting razor blades inside candies. You can buy candy year-round. No need for "free candy" that could possibly cost yours (or your child's) life.
  • MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    MikkLuhnRozzWhuh Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    To all the parents that are "so glad to have boy(s)", wait until they start wanting to wear their jeans half way down their @ss with their boxers showing. They might not fall into the same negative stereotype as the skimpy dressed girls, but they will certainly fall into one. Loser, thug, punk, trash, criminal, etc. etc.

Wow. Way to expect the best out of youth. They're not ALL morons....
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Back on topic.

<---- THIS is a sexy pirate wench costume.

At least that's how it's portrayed on the package - the model being about 5 foot ten, all of 120 lbs, and legs like yardsticks.

It came in adult sizes only.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    . Are only adults allowed to dress as hookers?

YES

QFT.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Teenagers dressing like hookers for Halloween? Can't be!! Omg how do we stop this?? I bet they're smoking drugs and having sex too *gasp*
  • t0riif4ye
    Options
    This whole topic is repulsive. You people are repulsive. That's so wrong, to judge a fourteen year old girl for dressing like she's "asking for it". No. No. No one asks for it. They aren't dressing slutty. They are dressing up. Nobody deserves to be judged for what they wear, especially by adults who are so ignorant that they have to judge young girls. You are a disgrace to humanity. You are not their parent, mind your own god damn business.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    To all the parents that are "so glad to have boy(s)", wait until they start wanting to wear their jeans half way down their @ss with their boxers showing. They might not fall into the same negative stereotype as the skimpy dressed girls, but they will certainly fall into one. Loser, thug, punk, trash, criminal, etc. etc.

Wow. Way to expect the best out of youth. They're not ALL morons....

You have no clue what I expect out of today's youth. My point, which eluded you, was there are pitfalls to raising boys as well. Just as girl's can go down the road of dressing trashy, the boys can go down the road of the droopy jeans with their nasty boxers showing.
  • t0riif4ye
    Options
    Oh, and one more thing. Let me just point out that some of you people have no idea what it's like to be young these days. If you don't look a certain way, act a certain way, be a certain way, you aren't accepted, think about all the popular magazines that listed "sexy costumes for halloween", or think about television, think about all the shows that portray Halloween as a time to dress however you want, a day for partying, and sexual content. The truth is, you don't know what it's like. You grew up in a different time. Things change. Maybe some of you should realize that children these days, aren't going to be perfect.
    What about your sons, that are going to try to get in the pants of every girl that crosses their path.
    I've got news for you. Your children will not be perfect. They will make mistakes, they will do things that aren't always approved of. Nobody is perfect. And you don't know these girls, you don't know how they feel. And with that, I withdraw from this stupid topic.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is that she is 14 and trick or treating

Ya.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I saw so much of this last night, drove me F**King crazy! Their parents should be VERY ashamed that they haven't loved their daughters enough to teach them to have respect for themselves and think this is the ONLY way to gain attention. But of course when you see mommy getting ready for her halloween party dressed like a *kitten*...well i think it speaks for it's self.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    Options
    Oh, and one more thing. Let me just point out that some of you people have no idea what it's like to be young these days. If you don't look a certain way, act a certain way, be a certain way, you aren't accepted, think about all the popular magazines that listed "sexy costumes for halloween", or think about television, think about all the shows that portray Halloween as a time to dress however you want, a day for partying, and sexual content. The truth is, you don't know what it's like. You grew up in a different time. Things change. Maybe some of you should realize that children these days, aren't going to be perfect.
    What about your sons, that are going to try to get in the pants of every girl that crosses their path.
    I've got news for you. Your children will not be perfect. They will make mistakes, they will do things that aren't always approved of. Nobody is perfect. And you don't know these girls, you don't know how they feel. And with that, I withdraw from this stupid topic.

Of course this statement would come from an 18 year old, that has NO CLUE what being a parent is like. I'm sure you'll be super excited when your daughter is dressed like a slutty lady bug.. YAY!
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Bad parenting or bad society? probably both.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    Options
    Bad parenting or bad society? probably both.

Agree!
  • natalovesmusic
    natalovesmusic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is that she is 14 and trick or treating
    Teens dressing up, hanging out with friends, and getting free candy.. I didn't know there was anything wrong with that!
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I love the little girl that just came to the door in giant cardboard box with green squares on it with sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt. I asked what she was as I gave her candy and I got a big sigh and she looked at her feet and said, "It's a gamer thing" turned and left. God bless geeks! They are the hope for the future. :-)

I had three 10 year old thriplets (all girls) show up as Captain America, The Hulk, and Hawkeye. I just about died of joy.

Parents aren't setting a great example for children, and there is a lot of sexualization of children in our society, have you looked at Barbies wardrobe lately? Heck, even female comic book heroines are looking a little risque (and always have).
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    WOW - Guess I am on the wrong thread.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    No wonder these kids do this................mommy and daddy (most of the responders here) say it's okay for them to dress up like sluts, post of faceBook, and have the world see...............yes those kids see you leave the house, see you come home, and see your pictures too.

LOl, I'm done.

You must have a van with no windows.

My goodness, dinosopro, you read my mind!!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

We have "no idea what it's like to be young these days?" I have news for you sweetie -- and a quote:

"Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”

Socrates said that over 2000 years ago.

Some things never change, do they?

The whole point is that 14 year olds shouldn't be dressing like 24 year olds. They're psyches aren't as mature as their bodies are, and they have NO idea of the potential consequences of their actions. Afraid that they won't fit in? Why can't children be taught that it's OK to be an individual and not HAVE to follow the crowd?

And to the OP -- I don't think you're a perv, not in the least. You have common sense.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I saw this in my neighborhood! One was accompanied by a "boy" (??) with real facial hair. Odd. I do have daughters and no freaking way.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I took my neices out, one was a vampire, one was a pirate ( a real pirate with an eye patch and no corset) and an oompa loompa. I was dressed as a bunny, no not a house bunny a cute little bunny. The ridiculous costumes weren't overly prominent around here but I know it happens and it's sad and sickening to me!