WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• nursermr38
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!! Wishing you warmth, love and family peace. I took the dog on a long walk at the park this morning, about 2 miles, I made the mistake of thinking it wouldnt be too crowded since it is a holiday. Wrong!!! My dog isnt used to walking in a socialized setting so I thought it would be an opportuity for her to practice. There were so many dogs, bikes and joggers it was crazy. But she did well. I was impressed. We are having Thanksgiving on Saturday. Im a nurse and since I work most holidays I let my kids do their in-law thing on the holiday and I do my weekend off around the holiday. Keeps the peace and doesnt stress them out. Take care ladies and safe travels!!! Rose
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I logged my TG dinner before having it and realized exercise was in order to keep a proper input/output, so I took myself down to the little gym here and did 1 3/4 hours of treadmill time. (Funny - my SIL was surprised I would WALK to the little gym -- it takes less than 5 minutes to hoof it!) I went by myself, which was rather a nice break from the big family hub-bub here at the house. It smells wonderful here - turkey, etc. The fellows should be back from their afternoon golf soon and we'll have our celebration.

I've been checking in often to help stay on track! Having another drink of water, too. Enjoy!

Gail
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Eat in moderation, make wise choices but do not deprive
    Exercise - even a small walk after dinner is good!
    Enjoy - holidays are about friends and family, don't stress over calories, just be wise. Remember what MWheatcraft shared earlier - one bad or kind of bad day will not ruin it all. So Eat - Exercise - Enjoy!!!

Happy Thanksgiving
    Lizzie
    [/quote]

THIS is WONDERFUL!! THANKS, Lizzie!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Be BLESSED, y'all! :heart:

janie :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    <
    I got a little tired of being faceless.

So my big dinner isn't until tomorrow. Angel hair pasta with clam sauce tonight. Got my workout tackling Bodi to do his nails. Ritter is fine but Bodi is scared so I have to man handle 90 pounds of scared while DH files his nails with a Peti paws. It leads to an exhausting trail but now his nails are filed down and he will forgive us both by tomorrow.

Today I have to start the cooking for tomorrow. I am making my family famous pumpkin fudge and then I am trying a new apppetizer recipe for roasted garlic chicken wraps. Tomorrow I will make my brussel sprouts and creamed onions (my dad's favorite and what means family to him)

Barbie I loved your quote. It is really important that I connect with what little family I have during the holidays and that revolves around food and wine. but what I do the rest of the year is more important to my health. I don't want to stress the extravegances at the holidays. I will do my best and remember that it is really how I treat my self the rest of the year that matters.

Happy day of thanks to all!

Bodi, Ritter and Robin:wink:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I'm thankful for quite a bit today. We're having dinner with both of my kids and their families today. I'm thankful that I'm not cooking, and my daughter and future daughter in law are handling it. I'm thankful that I got to go walking to the park with my little granddaughter. I'm also thankful for this online community.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving.So thankful for family and friends.
    Thankful for this group and love reading your posts.
    HUGS
    jane
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!:happy:

Don't have time now to catch up with all your great posts but I will tomorrow since I'll be the only one home! I am thankful for this thread and the great group on women on here!:flowerforyou: DH and I spent a quiet Thanksgiving with dinner out at Lonestar Steakhouse. He's not big on turkey and they had a turkey dinner special that I had so it worked out perfectly! First day since Saturday without chest pains so very thankful for that! Glad I hadn't planned on cooking this year (before any of this even happened)!
    At least there are no leftovers to tempt me. I would have come under my calories today except for the piece of cheesecake I had for dessert. I did manage to get a short walk in with DH and the boys and plan on doing some chair exercises in a little bit. Maybe will even get to the pool to walk tomorrow. I will get back on track!!

Hope you all enjoyed the day!

Kathy
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I hope everyone has had a day filled with joy and happiness!!! I've had a wonderful day, I went to daughters house this morning around 9am, gave the girls their Thanksgiving present, I always get them the new Precious Moments Christmas stocking doll for an early present, I've been doing it since they were born, the oldest one likes to tell the youngest one she has more dolls since she's older:tongue: . We then chatted for a few minutes and then it was time for the second tradition.....I take the girls to Bo Jangles and we pick up breakfast for everyone, singing Christmas carols on the way. We got back home and opened the front door and this horrible smell met us, in the kitchen to see what was happening, my daughter and son in law were standing there looking at this enormous turkey, and wondering what to do, it smelled totally rotten (now I think turkey stinks anyhow, but this was almost unbearable), daughter is so upset, she bought a fresh turkey at Whole Foods and said it cost 45.00, what was she going to do....I told her to call the store and tell them, she just threw up her hands and walked off, so I called the store and told them, and I have to say they were very nice, told me to come in and they would give me another one, however they wanted me to bring the turkey in:huh: , so we double bag the stinking thing in garbage bags and put it in the trunk of my car:sick: . I made my daughter go with me, and it was nice I had her laughing before we got to the store, and at the store they gave us a fully cooked turkey, so all she had to do was pop it in the oven and heat it up:happy: ! However I still have the smell of that rotten turkey in my nose, I've smelled it all day:sick: , that could be one of the best diet secrets ever, smell bad meat and you have zero appetite. I did make myself eat my cold sausage biscuit though, and I'm getting a bit hungry now, I'm having steak for dinner:love: . So it was a bit strange today but everything turned out just fine!!!!

Gail:smile: So sorry to hear about your stepmom passing, sounds like she was a real classy lady:flowerforyou:!!!

Meg:smile: LOL at the b I t c h ing calories burned:laugh: !

Barbie:smile: love the turkey graphic!

Lila:smile: I love " she who regrets is a fool twice" !

Micki:smile: happy anniversary :flowerforyou: !!!

Cheryl:smile: Yay for getting rid of 1.4lbs.!!!!!

Janie:smile: Nice to see you here again!!!

Kate:smile: Brrrr...hope you got the furnace repaired!!!

Robin:smile: Good to see you again!!!!

Okay I'm on the iPad tonight and I didn't take notes, that's all I remember :embarassed: . I will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow!!!! Hope your evening is fabulous!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee

Remember to drink lots of water tomorrow!!!!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Is anyone who has lost a lot having problems with being cold now? I just seem to be cold most of the time. The only change is the weight loss.

OMG, yes!! I'm usually the one who is burning up. My assistants would always complain about being cold and I would tell them to wear more clothes! I wore short sleeves in the winter so that I could turn the heat up enough that I did not freeze my students and assistants to death. Now I'm the one freezing. It is nice to be able to wear a sweater. And I love my turtlenecks!!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! I did pretty good on my eating today. The low carb pumpkin pie was pretty good but not the same as the real thing! I had turkey, broccoli, green beans and just about a tablespoon each of mashed potatoes and pistachio pudding. Those two little bites put me a little over on carbs but it was worth it, I only had a little and I did not feel deprived. So, now I'm about to go Black Friday shopping...starts at 10:00 PM. :happy:
    I'm so thankful for my family, my doctor, my students, all the staff and faculty at my school, MFP, and all of you!!
    Nancy from TN
  • rrboxer
    rrboxer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am new and I have been reading some of the posts here and everyone is so positive ...I feel good just reading all your posts. Great to have some place to go and feel cheered up!

@ Barbie - good reminder to get flu shot I need to get one.

We are all ready planning for Xmas dinner and we are going to have fewer dishes and healthier options. I love that my hubby isn't particular about cooking everything from scratch he is okay with pre-cooked turkey etc. He is a treasure.

Anyway I hope everyone had a great day today and spend quality time with friends and family. Take Care

p.s. my boxers are acting up now it seems every time I get on computer they start misbehaving ...just like little kids (lol)
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Happy Thanksgiving We had a fun time today with family and friends. Lovely dinner, played games, now getting ready to go shopping.

Food I barely stayed under so much for my plan. Tomorrow going to get out my Christmas decorations and start putting things out. I am off the next five days looking forward to it.

@Gail so sorry about your step mom
    @Kate I hope your furnace is working now. Our house has radiant heat in the ceilings it doesn't work in our living room and 1 of the bedrooms. So we are noticing the cold too so understand. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Sorry if I am forgetting anyone I think the turkey is kicking in my brain now.

Wishing everyone a good evening!

Liz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: We had a super Thanksgiving dinner at the hospital. There were about 25 people in our group. I planned to eat the meal that was prepared except for dessert and I enjoyed every bite and enjoyed the company. We went to an early morning gratitude meeting so I had to walk the dogs both before and after the meeting (and twice more during the day). I found time to ride the recumbent bike and Jake and I did our exercises together (my weight training routine and his physical therapy exercises). I am getting stronger and Jake’s shoulder is getting better and doesn’t hurt so much.

:bigsmile: I’ll be teaching the line dance class tomorrow morning so I spent a bit of time this afternoon practicing some dances so I’ll be ready.

:flowerforyou: Rrboxer, your dogs are beautiful……I love seeing dogs on the couch…the pharmacist told me that late November was the best time to get a flu shot, that too many people get them too early (maybe because there was a shortage a few years ago)…so you are right on schedule

:flowerforyou: MIcki, Happy Anniversary……42 years is amazing.

:flowerforyou: Amanda, your trip to Germany sounds great…..I’m glad you will be able to go.

:flowerforyou: Kate, what a shock to be without your furnace at such a cold season…..I hope the repairs will be swift and affordable.

:flowerforyou: Rose, my dogs like to have the world to themselves so we do most of our walking very early in the morning…wet and cold days are the best because everybody else stays home.

:flowerforyou: Robin, it’s so good to see a picture of you again……I remember how pretty you are from when we met a few years ago……I love your dogs, but seeing you is a great change

:explode: :angry: :grumble: Here is my confession……a lot of bad food has sneaked into my house (cashews, walnuts, raisins, yogurt, Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal, peanut butter) and I’ve been eating them. I’ve logged them but don’t guarantee that I have been exact enough in measuring…….so yesterday I declared them all off limits and I am now coming to the end of day two without them and I’m happy about my decision.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

It’s not what you eat between Thanksgiving and New Years that will get you as much as what you eat between New Years and Thanksgiving.

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov
  • Katla49
    Options
    I'm 22 calories over, and consider it a victory. There was a lot of good food, and alcoholic beverages, and plenty of encouragement to overdo. It was also a very fun-filled day with my family. I'm happy. We're celebrating Christmas the day after tomorrow. Real Christmas, my husband and I will be on our own this year. Both kids will be with their respective in-laws.
  • Katla49
    Options
    I clicked the post button just a bit too soon. I wanted to say that I hope that all of you had a good day. Will you be shopping the "Black Friday" crush tomorrow? I hope to avoid it, but may not have the luxury.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

TNNancy:smile: Sounds like you did execellent on your Thanksgiving meal!!!

rrboxer:smile: My Bichon does the same thing, when I`m on the phone she`s either climbing on my leg or barking at something, reminds me of when my daughter was small:laugh: , they are just like kids!

Liz:smile: Yay, you have 5 wonderful days off!!!! I`ve got some Christmas decorations in my great room right now waiting for me, I think I`ll get started today, or maybe tomorrow, it`s supposed to be 65 degrees today and sunny:glasses: , tomorrow it`s going to be 45 degrees...brrrr. . I might spend today outside and enjoy the sunshine and warmer temps while I can!!!! Hope you had a successful shopping trip!

Barbie:smile: What a wonderful Thanksgiving you had with your friends! Glad you`re getting stonger and Jake`s shoulder is getting better!

Katla49:smile: I would consider 22 over a victory too!!! Celebrating Christmas too, I don`t blame you while everyone is together, hope it`s very nice for you!!! I`ve finished my shopping except for a few things and those things I`m ordering on line. I don`t like getting out in crowds of people:noway: !

So is everyone ready to get back to the routine? I`m going to take a long walk later today since it`s going to be so nice, I miss the warm days walking, although I think I walk faster when it`s cold:laugh: . So far I haven`t had to start walking in the house on the treadmill or dreadmill as some call it here. I guess that will happen when I can`t bear 30 or 45 minutes outside:frown: . Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Belated Happy Thanksgiving, lovelies!

Grateful for the roof over our heads, the clothes on our back, the (too-)plenteous food, hot water, flush toilets, electric lights, thoughtful husband, loving dogs that make us laugh, this thread of wonderful supportive wisewomen who never give up, but mostly for the safe completion of my dear friend Debby's second back surgery this year. She was able to bypass ICU and go straight from post-op to a regular room. We are all hopeful.

As for a WTH update, chose not to measure or log anything yesterday, down .2 lb today. Yah I know, likely a carryover from modest Wednesday or Tuesday, but it's another thing to be thankful for: no immediate gain from the feast.

Hugs,

animal-emoticon-0064.gif
    Barbara, the AHMOD who WILL be size 10 one day

2012: dance more, bark less and check in!!!
    November: back to basics
  • carojrrn
    carojrrn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Happy Day Ladies!

Just a quick check in to mark my spot for later. Had a fabulous time watching my daughter perform in the show last night! What a way to get into the Christmas spirit! Went over in calories but I was expecting to. I managed to get in a mini Zumba session for about 15 mins from a saved you tube video. Today is the last day in Nashville before traveling to Shiloh tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a successful day!

Carolyn
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Had a fabulous day yesterday...we have always had a large thanksgiving with extended family...our numbers are down to 25 this year, but we have added a new generation. I admit to not even trying to log but I did bike 5 miles and row 1k yesterday am and did much more standing and up and down stairs than sitting...our celebrating will continue into the weekend...all of my brothers are here so will try to do another get together (at least with mom and the siblings) tomorrow. My son was on the phone when we were sitting down to eat so my brother put him on speaker phone and he said grace for us...nice way to include him as he is in CA this year!

I plan on drinking lots of water today to help with yesterday's indulgences...also have a brush pile to get rid of..load into my van and unload at my mother's ...that will count as exercise for today..walking, lifting, squatting and carrying..yup sounds like exercise!

Have a great day all
    :heart:
    Jen
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My final tally on the 100 miles by Thanksgiving challenge .....(drumroll please)....is 107.5 miles...94.5 bike, 14.8k (9 miles) row and 4 miles walking ...I realized a lot of things by doing this so will be trying to figure out the lesson and adjust for future goals:bigsmile:

:heart:
    Jen