Pooping and farting - question

Options

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I've been dating my boyfriendfor 7 years, and I've never farted in front of him--only when I'm sleeping and he tells me about it the next day! He doesn't care though. If I have to poop, I will tell him I have to...he never makes a big deal out of it, he just stares at me like I'm kidding hahaha.

7 years and you've never farted in front of him? That is... odd.

No it isnt
    My hubby and I have been married ten years and we do not fart in front of each other either. I think it keeps your relationship "fresh" :-) to still try. If you start pooping and farting in front of each other you may as well be brother and sister. Kills the attraction.

Gess do you still wake up before your husband to rush and get your makeup on before he sees you?
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    she is not pooping on your desk, you are in the bathroom doing your hair and she comes in to poop kinda thing.

if im in the bathroom doing whatever and she comes in to poop, well...thats just kinda rude. seriously tell me you need to use the bathroom and i will come out so you can. i dont think either of us should be on the toilet while the other is in the bathroom. other than, not a big deal at all
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have lived with my husband for more than 30 years and we have never ever been in the bathroom at the same time as each other. We take turns. I would try never to fart around anyone if I could help it. Are there not some things that should be kept private? Or am i just very oldfashioned and prudish?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Nope, never going to happen UNLESS it's an emergency or childbirth.

This is not something I feel is necessary for intimacy and I appreciate my personal space too much to invite anyone into the bathroom with me. If my partner were to let one rip on occasion, I wouldn't hold it against him. But, if it was a constant thing I'd be so turned off it would end rather quickly.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    My husband turns on the faucet in the bathroom to drown out the sound of urinating. We have been married 21 years. I don't think he ever poops in the master bathroom if I am in the bedroom.
    I think it is beyond silly and a waste of running water.

Not sure how he feels about poop/fart talk. I don't ever bring it up.he'd probably turn on the shop-Vac to drown me out.

I wouldn't do either in the same room as him if I could help it. It just seems civil to not poop when he's in the shower, there are other toilets in the house... And as far as being flatulent, I was taught to leave the room.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Like a moth to a flame.... I think farts are hilarious! I hope the next guy I'm with thinks so, too, cuz I hate when guys are put off by my immaturity. :bigsmile: I dated a guy who was telling me how he kept having to run to the bathroom after he'd eaten something bad, but he did not want to know when I had to go. How fair is that?! Turd.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I only recently got comfortable with pooping around my bf, and we are about seven months in to dating each other. Still don't fart. I belch a lot though.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    I BIG TIME sharted the bed during my sleep about three years into my marriage - had to wash the linen, night gown, take a shower, etc.....pretty much broke through any boundaries we had at that point....I'm fairly certain I even got it on him and how the hell I slept through that remains a mystery....talk about a WTF moment when he woke me up....

There are tears running down my face after reading this. TEARS!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Had this happen to me once but was because I was pregnant and my MS had just started and I had no control over my bowels. It was back then that they said I probably had MS. I never felt it. Just woke up thinking what the hell is that? Thankfully it wasn't as big a mess as yours was lol. My husband acted like it was no big deal even offered to wash my undies for me. awww now isn't he sweet? LOL
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I BIG TIME sharted the bed during my sleep about three years into my marriage - had to wash the linen, night gown, take a shower, etc.....pretty much broke through any boundaries we had at that point....I'm fairly certain I even got it on him and how the hell I slept through that remains a mystery....talk about a WTF moment when he woke me up....

There are tears running down my face after reading this. TEARS!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Nooooooo!!!! I would've died. Bad enough when I fall asleep watching a movie with someone and wake up because I'm pretty sure I just farted. OMG I can't stop laughing!
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    We might be too comfortable with each other because we do both in front of each other. Conversations in the bathroom while in the act are not rare either. 100 % comfortable in our relationship and at the same time our relationship is still "fresh". I wouldn't want it any other way!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    I have lived with my husband for more than 30 years and we have never ever been in the bathroom at the same time as each other. We take turns. I would try never to fart around anyone if I could help it. Are there not some things that should be kept private? Or am i just very oldfashioned and prudish?

No its called being considerate of others. My husband and I only ever shared a bathroom when we only had one and it was an emergency and he was soaking in the tub. Hubby has a bad back and would soak for hours in a hot tub. Imagine being pregnant and having to go and there is only one bathroom? I did however make him clothes the shower curtain. I can't go while someone is watching. Not even when my girlfriends would all pile into the bathroom and stand around talking while one was on the toilet. Never could do that. Now that we have 2 bathrooms I've never had to bust in on hubby to use the toilet.
  • HisangelG
    HisangelG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My husband and I rate our farts and burps on a scale of one to ten. He has had to change my tampons when I was so sick I could not. We have pooped in front of one another. Not a big deal. Has not killed the attraction one bit.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My husband watched me give birth to 2 children. I'll fart and poop in front of him if I feel like it. It isn't any worse than what he has already seen.
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed how many people on here have been with their partners for so long and never shared a bodily function experience! To me, that just seems... uptight.

The mystery was broken between my husband and myself when we were just dating. It was one of the first times he stayed over at my place and I rolled over in my sleep and farted so loudly I woke myself up and actually slapped my rear end in surprise. All I heard was him giggling quietly. It was true love.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've been dating my boyfriendfor 7 years, and I've never farted in front of him--only when I'm sleeping and he tells me about it the next day! He doesn't care though. If I have to poop, I will tell him I have to...he never makes a big deal out of it, he just stares at me like I'm kidding hahaha.

7 years and you've never farted in front of him? That is... odd.

No it isnt
    My hubby and I have been married ten years and we do not fart in front of each other either. I think it keeps your relationship "fresh" :-) to still try. If you start pooping and farting in front of each other you may as well be brother and sister. Kills the attraction.

Gess do you still wake up before your husband to rush and get your makeup on before he sees you?

No way, just pooping and farting gross me out and no matter how much all of you glorify it im never gonna be down for thinking its a nice thing we should enjoy doing together. And before you all start with the its natrural blah blah blah its impolite and thats it! Didnt anyone parents teach them that?? Am I on another planet?!
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Nope, never going to happen UNLESS it's an emergency or childbirth.

This is not something I feel is necessary for intimacy and I appreciate my personal space too much to invite anyone into the bathroom with me. If my partner were to let one rip on occasion, I wouldn't hold it against him. But, if it was a constant thing I'd be so turned off it would end rather quickly.
    [/quote

Agreed!!!!!!!!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    As long as the two acts are kept separate, I'm okay with it. Sharting is another issue altogether.

You win, I just cried laughing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sunshinefrei
    Options
    My hubby says " men fart or step on frogs and women have fluffs LOL After 20 year of marriage to my best friend its not a big deal. Long as I don't flush the toilet while he is in shower. LOL
    Have a great day everyone!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have dutch oven contests. We regularly have conversations while one of us is going to the bathroom.

He witnessed the birth of our child. I think at this point, anything is on the table.

My husband and I do the same thing! Lmao.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    nobody's allowed in the bathroom when i'm there dropping a deuce.

funny thing about the farts though... i let em rip whenever i feel like it and don't even apologize.... unless the fan happens to be blowing it towards my husband, but then i'm cracking up at the same time... my husband on the other hand will NOT fart in front of me, and seems to only do it in the bathroom, unless he's asleep. doesn't something seem backwards about this?!