Best Gym Pick-Up Lines

I was at the gym last night, achieving an all-time best with regard to shortening my neck, when a moderately attractive woman in her mid-30's working-out on a bench asked me a question about proper lifting form. I tendered my advice, briefly and to-the-point. She smiled, batted her eyes and thanked me. We quickly parted ways.

About 30 minutes later, while heading to heavy-bag room (punching bags, for those who are not familiar), I passed the same woman again who had been joined by another woman who, based upon their jawline and other facial features, I assume was a sister, or some other close relative.

The woman again made eye contact and smiled as I was passing by.

As a joke, and a mild attempt to appear less scary to other gym patrons, I levied a tongue-in-cheek jest. I said to the sister-like person, "Ya know, she was over in the free-weight section putting the boys to shame by benching 675 pounds..." (...which of course, she wasn't as she herself maybe weighed 110 pounds.)

The woman laughed, however the sister-type-person immediately scowled and proclaimed, "Yes, I guess that's why she bench presses her HUSBAND every night."

As many of you know, I am quick with my razor-laced tongue. With a smirk, I retorted, "I noticed her audaciously large wedding band was getting in the way of the weight-bar. Maybe he should get her a smaller one."

She continued to scowl as I walked away.

The sister-type-person was clearly attempting to "put me in my place," pursuant to the notion that I was "hitting-on" one or both of them. Which, in my defense, I truly wasn't.

What struck me as odd was the idea that I would use a "pick-up line" that implied a "soccer mom" was bench-pressing Buick.

Really?

Thus, the premise of this thread. I assume that women get hit-on at the gym, A LOT. What are some of the best and worst pick-up lines you've heard at the gym? What are some of your best "lines?"

Happy Friday
Keep being awesome.

Replies

• fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    I really dont get hit at the gym...I dont even look at the people's faces if I dont have to, Im just listening to my music, and doing my thing.

Im always surprised when people say like "I met this guy at the gym"..Im like "how the hell do you even met somebody at the gym"..

And I know you gonna say about the guy in the next treadmill, but I only talked to him because I had to.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Sister was jealous that the big beasty man-hunk wasn't commenting on her bench presses. B!tches be cray.
  • fcp1234
    I would never hit on you at the gym.

Right...
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Im always surprised when people say like "I met this guy at the gym"..Im like "how the hell do you even met somebody at the gym"..

My thoughts exactly....I've had a couple people try to hit on me at the gym and I was so into my work out I can't even remember what they said or tried to say, plus I had my head phones in
  • While on a treadmill I heard a guy ask a girl "Where you trying to get to so fast?"
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Sister was jealous that the big beasty man-hunk wasn't commenting on her bench presses. B!tches be cray.

That's what I'm thinkin'!

I don't really put being flirted with in the same category as a guy trying to hit on me or use a line. It's not like you asked her to meet up at your car after she got done working out.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    While on a treadmill I heard a guy ask a girl "Where you trying to get to so fast?"
    Her response... "My pepper-spray."

:laugh: For some reason, that mental picture is way to funny today! :laugh:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I don't get hit on at the gym. I can see how people do - It's easy to strike up relationships with people who have similar interests, I am friendly with quite a few guys at the gym, it's just never been anything more than that.

I think the main reason behind that may be that I train half the time with my bf, and it's blatantly obvious he's my bf. It might be a different story if I had never gone with him before, but I'll never know (and I think I quite like it that way, I feel pretty damn awkward when I get hit on)
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    I mainly go to the women's only version of my gym, and I haven't been hit on yet :) I'm not entirely sure if I would recognize it as that if I was though, I would just think the woman was being friendly.
  • The other day, my wife was hit on by one of the trainer's. He was claiming to be new and wanted to introduce himself to the people who come to the gym. He kept asking her questions about her goals, frequency of gym visits, all pretty harmless stuff. But around question 4 or 5, she mentioned she comes to the gym with her husband. All of a sudden he decided he should let her get back to working out AND then headed off to introduce himself to another hot woman at the gym, being a new trainer and wanting to introduce himself to the people of the gym.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    i dont go to meet girls although i do to a particular one to see them, but thats cuz they are my motivation, not anything creepy (i promise!)

once, for a period of amount a couple of months, i would always see the same girl at the same time i went and couple of times we made eye contact. one day i finally get the nerve to say something to her and i said "i see you everytime im here i almost feel like we are workout partners and i just wanted to say hi" and asked for her name. after that....i never saw Tanya again. :(
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Maybe the sister/friend was the single one and jealous that you "flirted" with the married one. Some women just have complexes in that area. If it had been me, I would've laughed it off and that be the end of it. But I'm one of those people that will make conversation to a random person while waiting in line, etc at a store.

I used to be afraid to ask guys in the weight room for help because I didn't want them to think they I was hitting on them. But after reading some message boards here, I realize the guys don't mind helping. So now I ask for help but keep my question on point and don't veer off into chit-chat so they don't think otherwise. I've even had a few offer some tips if I was doing it wrong/incorrect form. I've never felt like they were hitting on me and appreciated the help. But maybe they were and I was too clueless to figure that out! Oh well!
  • fcp1234
    We'll, I would hit you... but you'd like it too much.

You mean hit on me... right?
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    I truly cannot stand it when guys see me going to use a machine/bar/whatever that has a bunch of weight (obviously more than I can lift) and run over and try to take all the weight off for me, like I can't handle it- then waste my time and try to talk to me after they've saved my life from the "big" weights. I'm not a 3-year-old. I'm at the gym for a reason, I don't need you holding my hand. Just because I can't squat 250lbs doesn't mean that I can't remove that much weight from a bar. Ugh. :noway:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    "You look just like this girl I'm gonna bang tonight"

I still don't know if he had a date set up with a girl that looked like me and she was a sure thing or if he was being cocky saying he was going to bang me.
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    I don't think I get hit on at the gym, but on two occasions I've had guys offer unsolicitated "advice," (saying i should look up when I squat, but I do SS and Rippetoe says to look down) which perhaps might have just been excuses to talk to me, or maybe they were just genuinly concerend, but I would like to think the former :blushing:

And sometimes I feel eyes burning holes in my *kitten* as I squat, but I don't mind that cause i do the same thing. :bigsmile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Never get hit on.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Next time you should try, "Are you using that adductor machine so you can crush me between your thighs later?"
  • fcp1234
    I truly cannot stand it when guys see me going to use a machine/bar/whatever that has a bunch of weight (obviously more than I can lift) and run over and try to take all the weight off for me, like I can't handle it- then waste my time and try to talk to me after they've saved my life from the "big" weights. I'm not a 3-year-old. I'm at the gym for a reason, I don't need you holding my hand. Just because I can't squat 250lbs doesn't mean that I can't remove that much weight from a bar. Ugh. :noway:

I think Ive been going to the wrong gyms..Nobody hads moved the weights for me..Maybe they think Im a b*** and hope I break my back moving the weights.
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    No hitting before during or after thankyou lol