Calling all MEN... Get in here now!!

Options
SyStEmPhReAk
SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
Ok... So if you're reading this then you admit to being a jock scratchin', beer guzzlin' (light/low carb is fine!), oil changin', sports watchin' MAN! So in the vein of all things manly, I've got one question...

What movie(s) make you CRY like a BABY??

I can NEVER get through Man on Fire (Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning) without tearing up! I watched it the other night and purposefully got up to make a protein shake at the end so that I could regain my composure... Didn't work!

What say ye?

Replies

• sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Seven pounds for me! damn u will smith:angry:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    hoosiers gets me when Coach Dale says, "I love you guys."
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Are you implying that I have tear ducts?

Them's fightin words.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    When I had lived outside of the U.S. for about 10 months, I walked in on the movie Poltergeist... the TV was going off the air and the national anthem was being played... cried like a baby. The other movie that makes me cry is The Cowboys... John Wayne dies...:sad:
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't drink beer, I know little about my vehicle, and most sports are not watched.. ohoh? maybe i'm not a man? That makes me cry..
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    hoosiers gets me when Coach Dale says, "I love you guys."

This. Rudy. Field of Dreams.

The worst it has been in while for me was Toy Story 3. Holy *kitten*. At the end, when he gives his toys away and then thanks them.... I'm f--king welling up just typing this......

*Gender card revoked*
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas. .
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Ok... So if you're reading this then you admit to being a jock scratchin', beer guzzlin' (light/low carb is fine!), oil changin', sports watchin' MAN! So in the vein of all things manly, I've got one question...

What movie(s) make you CRY like a BABY??

I can NEVER get through Man on Fire (Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning) without tearing up! I watched it the other night and purposefully got up to make a protein shake at the end so that I could regain my composure... Didn't work!

What say ye?
    LOL My husband isn't here so Ima answer on his behalf, he cried from the notebook because they reminded him of us and we were going through a tough time. & one of his favorite movies is a Walk To Remember. He doesn't like alcohol, won't touch it, can't stand sports and I think I scratch there more than he does lmso tmi. Sorry to interrupt carry on but this made me laugh :]
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    3 movies come to mind...

1. Marley and Me (damn pet movies like this one)
    2. Mr Hollands Opus
    3. Bridge to Terabithia. I think this one deserves a foot note. I had never read the book, avoided spoilers, and had NO idea what was going to happen to the girl. None. I was expecting something akin to the Spiderwick Chronicles. That hit me like a grand-slam ball out of the stadium and I'm in the parking lot...
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    When Hamish and Stephen plead for William to beg for mercy under their breaths in Braveheart. Also when Phoebe Cates gets out of the pool in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, but for completely different reasons.
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    Field of dreams...when Kevin Costner asks his dad if he wants a "game of catch".
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    There's Something About Mary
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Answering for my very masculine, scratching, sports-watchin', tree-climbin' husband....Ever After with Drew Barrymore did it for him. He says that he relates to Drew Barrymore's character and how nobody ever really noticed him. :cry:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    heh. Armageddon, when the little kid says "mommy, that salesman is on TV" and later when he reunites with him after the shuttle lands
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas. .
    When he gives the stuff back... a single tear or two:cry:
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Are you implying that I have tear ducts?

Them's fightin words.

haha... let's dance :mad:
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate you making this thread so now I know which guys on MFP to not pursue (in case I ever had the desire) as I cannot handle men crying unless it's the death of an immediate family member. So thanks!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Armageddon
    Rudy
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    They aren't tears... it's a little of my awesome leaking out.

Bad Boys... at the end when the cobra is crashed. Even though it's a kit car... it still gets me. But seriously, Million Dollar Baby. Probably a few others, but that's the one that came to mind first.

And no... light/low carb beer DOESN'T count.

• bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I dont cry...I know -- weird...I get yelled at all the time about it.
    But I did feel emotional when they Killed Agent Coulson in the Avengers.