Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Options

Replies

• jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Seven - we should have walked out - full stop.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for flat out disturbing and scarring, but not scary? The newest Indiana Jones with the aliens and crystal skulls and wtfever. I was pretty much :noway: and:sad: after that one.
  • mbuckster
    mbuckster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is definitely not a horror movie, but the Joy Luck Club scarred me for life. The scene where she drowns her own baby...I still see that baby in my head sometimes. Seriously, I know this movie had a great point, but I don't know what it is because I got pissed off they drowned a baby in it. Movies with kids dying are not cool.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    A Serbian Film. Disturbing in ways you couldn't even dream of.

i believe you
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    This is definitely not a horror movie, but the Joy Luck Club scarred me for life. The scene where she drowns her own baby...I still see that baby in my head sometimes. Seriously, I know this movie had a great point, but I don't know what it is because I got pissed off they drowned a baby in it. Movies with kids dying are not cool.

borred the hell out of me
  • TXgrad
    TXgrad Posts: 128
    Options
    Not really in the scary movie category, but "Mommie Dearest" was a movie that really bothered me when I watched it as a kid.
  • mbuckster
    Options
    The Stoning of Soraya M. Messed up movie too. If you haven't seen it, its about a woman who gets stoned in Iran, I think. Her sons and father take part in the stoning. I think its based on a true story. It's a good story in the sense that it shows the plight of women in that country and how they are treated, but it was a horribly graphic film and one you just can't get out of your head. Maybe that was the point.
  • mbuckster
    Options
    Well it's a drama. I saw it at someone's house a long time ago. Never wanted to see it again.
  • mbuckster
    Options

borred the hell out of me

Oops, forgot to quote you first. Comment above is for this :)
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    the grossest movie i have ever seen was called the girl next door. i believe there is a light hearted comedy about a prono chic that has the same title, this is quite a bit different.

there are graphic depictions of violent child abuse, both physical and sexual. It was like a train wreck, couldn't turn it off even tho thats what my brain was screaming for. if there is something i could unwatch, that would be it.

Great movie though - but yes, disturbing - loosely based on a case from Indiana, girl named Sylvia
  • mbuckster
    Options
    No horror films. I don't watch them because I'm already scared of ghosts, demonic possession and serial killer clowns. It's the real life violence I cannot handle

Precious
    Dumbo
    ET
    The remake of Rambo -- I actually left half way through and have never recovered....... was that real footage of the killing fields in Cambodia, or am I crazy?
    Dead Man Walking

The rape scene in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (where she was raped, not the revenge scene)
    The rape scene in the remake of Halloween - Holy Sh1t..... even if that wasn't real I still think the victim should prosecute...........

I can't think of the name of that movie with Sean Penn and Michael J. Fox in the Vietnam war, but there is a rape scene in there too that I can't stand. Rape scenes are horrible.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    A Serbian Film. Disturbing in ways you couldn't even dream of.

still haven't gotten my hands on this one yet - heard about it though

Salo is another one that's just gross

Baise Moi has some disturbing things for sure
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    IT,
    The Shining
    Jacob' s Ladder-- . Most disturbing movie ever.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    The Blair Witch Project- because it was so unbelievably stupid, and I wasted my money believing it was going to be scary. Scarred me for life.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It doesn't *really* freak me out now that I'm an adult, but when I was a kid my dad let my sister and I watch Edward Scissorhands. I was totally digging it until he popped the waterbed - for whatever reason that part scared the daylights out of me! As an adult, Silent Hill is the scariest movie I have ever seen in my entire life - it also happens to be my absolute favorite scary movie for that exact reason LOL
  • nahsonfreepie
    Options
    The Daniel Pearl Beheading video.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A Nightmare on Elm Street, Hostel and Jeepers Creepers. All 3 of those scared the s**t out of me.

After I watched jeepers creepers, i was laying down in my sister's room with feet at the end of the bed closest to the door. My dad suddenly grabbed my foot and roared. I almost peed myself, and I screamed like a little b**** lol
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The Stoning of Soraya M. Messed up movie too. If you haven't seen it, its about a woman who gets stoned in Iran, I think. Her sons and father take part in the stoning. I think its based on a true story. It's a good story in the sense that it shows the plight of women in that country and how they are treated, but it was a horribly graphic film and one you just can't get out of your head. Maybe that was the point.

That is a disturbing show...I watched it on Netflix and it is based on a true story.
  • carlalovescake
    Options
    The Lovely Bones :( and The Fly
  • losing4799
    Options
    Misery.