10 in 9, part 2

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! According to the Insanity program today is a rest day so I decided to keep it pretty light. I got up at 6:15 am and drove my wonderful girlfriends to the airport. After the airport run I headed directly to the grocery store so I could get my weekly shopping completed. Once I returned home I put up the groceries, washed on the linen from my out of town guests, ironed my clothes for the work week and completed my daily workout. I decided to pop in a Leslie Sansone dvd and did 2 1/2 miles.

I'm soooo excited that my workout, house work and everything else is completed so I can really relax for the remainder of the day.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Choco:
    :smile: I'm so happy that you enjoyed your concert and i bet you burned some calories shaking your boot!y!!! wooo hoooo
    :smile: Congrats on fitting into that small dress, bet you were wonderfully surprised. I am glad to see your hard work and dedication pay off! You are truly inspiring!
    :ohwell: As for essense fest, girl those tickets will be crazy expensive, my secrets when searching for airfar is checking at night kind of late, so when u can't get to sleep check em out. I usually get the best prices on expedia. If not, you can always search for nearby airports such as baton rouge and biloxi, ms which are only about 45 min to an hour drive to nola. hope you can make it!
    :smile: as for my measurements and weigh in, I'm hoping to be done with level 1 by next weekend. If all goes as planned I will be able to give you those results then.

hope everyone else had a great weekend. :flowerforyou:

As for me............
    I think I did pretty good overall this weekend. I am happy to report that I stuck to my planned workouts and completed THE SHRED on friday for level 1 day 4 and on Saturday for level 1 day 5. on Saturday I also walked a lot trying to catch the street car but it was running late so we just kept walking and walking. dunno how long that walk was but atleast 30 mins.
    Today was surprisingly great! My bf has been suggesting I buy a bike and today he just went ahead and bought me one so we could ride together, just for fun. We decided to take it for a ride and we rode to the park and back + a loop around the track for a total of 11.3 miles! wow, I haven't gotten on a bike in forever, probably since I fell and broke my two front teeth when I was about 8 or 10 years old. lol. I was so scared at first and tired on my way home but I just kept pushing and pushing. Wow, I'm so proud of myself! oh and did I mention that today was really a beautiful day with sun and no need to wear a sweater all day. My only regret was not wearing my heart rate monitor, cuz then I would have known exactly how much I burned. MFP gave me 600 cals so I'm happy about that :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well I haven't gotten my clothes ready for this week, so choco I'm jealous that you have finished all your housework so early!
    But it was worth putting everything off so I could enjoy my weekend. I hope this week goes half as good as my weekend.

Good night ladies, and I'm sorry I was MIA all weekend.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 2 day 1 of the Insanity program. I completed the Cardio Power & Resistance and Cardio abs dvds. While I had viewed the Cardio Abs dvd before today was my first time completing it and overall it wasn't too bad. I did have to take a couple of breaks b/c of some pressure in my back (I have arthritis in the lower back and knee) but gave it my all. I hope this dvd will help shrink the lower portion of my abs and obliques b/c those are my problem areas. I can already see a little definition in the upper abs from Jillian Michael's Blast Fat/Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones dvds.

I don't have time to read and respond to posts at the moment but will do so a little later. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    hey ladies,
    I haven't been posting...I've been sick all weekend. I've got a wicked sore throat and some nasty gunk. I tried to get my Turbo Kick in on Saturday morning, but my heart rate was racing, so I decided to stop and just rest. Sometimes working out helps with the gunk- clears out my system...but not on Saturday, it just made me feel worse. So, I stopped. Been resting and anxious to get better to get back to my workouts. Great to hear you are all doing great! CAn't wait to start feeling better...I am drinking a TON of water, and peeing like every 10 minutes. And gettin some good ol' Vitamin C. I'll check back soon!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Dawna - sorry to hear you are sick. Listen to your body and get some much needed rest. You have been kicking butt as far back as I can remember so maybe this is your body asking for a break. As long as you keep your eating in check , you don't have to worry about gaining so give yourself a break.

will check in later tonight.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Shred Level 1 Day 6 complete. my bf corrected me on my pushups and today I tried to do them correctly and boy they were a lot harder doing them properly lol. well I hope this level gets easier by the end of the week cuz right now I feel like I won't be ready to start level 2 on Monday. We'll just have to wait and see.

Good night ladies.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 2 day 2 of the Insanity program which means I had to complete the PURE EVIL (Pure Cardio) dvd. Just knowing I had to complete this workout had me dreading getting out of bed this morning. It may have been that I don't feel 100% today as well but in any case I got up and got the workout in. I tried to pace myself so I could take fewer breaks but it didn't really work for me. I'm noticing I'm taking most of my breaks when I'm completing an exercise that involves the shoulders (level 2 drills - plank - 8 push ups - 8 mountain climbers, suicide jumps and push up jacks). My upper body strength sucks (although getting better) so all of the exercise involving upper body cause me to get tired a lot quicker than lower body exercises.

Dawna: Hope you feel better soon. Once you're back to feeling well I'm sure you'll be kicking major butt.

Nola: Way to keep up w/the shred. Pace yourself but you'll be at level 2 before you know it.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    good morning ladies. i'm doing great. i feel great too.i'll be alot happy when i go back home, which i hope is soon. i happy everyone is doing great on their workouts. maybe we'll get those bodies we want for the summer.
  • nolachick
    Options
    good morning ladies. i'm doing great. i feel great too.i'll be alot happy when i go back home, which i hope is soon. i happy everyone is doing great on their workouts. maybe we'll get those bodies we want for the summer.

glad to hear from you again porterbaby. i hope u get back to ur routine again soon, I know it can be hard when u are not home but try making the best out of it.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Just finished core synergistics was suppose to do it yesterday but no time. I am hoping to get better at doing them daily, I need more motivation to get going in the morning I just have no get up and go rught now all I want to do is sleep.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Day 7 Level 10 COMPLETE!!!

however I must admit I was bad today and had 4 girl scout cookies, so affter the shred I popped in a turbo jam DVD and rocked it out cuz I knew I had to burn those cookies off. Grrr.

Dinner was a nice spinach and green bean salad with a slice of toast. yummy

Good night
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 2 day 3 of the Insanity program which means I'm suppose to complete the Plyometrics Cardio Circuit dvd. I didn't sleep well last night due to some congestion and a slight headache so needless to say when the alarm went off at 5 am I was not happy about having to get up and complete this workout and a battle between good vs evil ensued. I am happy to announce that the good side was victorious and the workout is complete. Now I will admit I didn't go hard but I did give it what I had and that is good enough for me today.

Nola: I'm loving the consistency I've been reading about w/your workouts. It looks like you've found your groove. I know you will be unstoppable if you continue on this path. We're springing forward this Sunday so there will be more daylight and perhaps these workouts can move outside to keep us all motivated. The offiical start of spring is in a few weeks and you want to be ready so keep up the great work.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning my workout buddies! It's just one more work day til the weekend begins and i'm looking forward to it. Today is week 2 day 4 of the Insanity program which means IT'S RECOVERY DAY....WooHoo. I so look forward to Thursday b/c it's the one day where Shaun T hasn't lost his dang mine...LOL. The dvd is shorter and while the moves are still intense they are not as fast which gives me an opportunity to actually catch my breath. So when it was all said and done, I had completed 32 minutes of the Cardio Recovery dvd and 15 minutes of the Cardio Abs dvd. What a great way to begin the work day. I still feel like I'm coming down with a cold (sniffling, sneezing, scratchy throat) but feel slightly better than yesterday.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Choco, I hope you don't get sick. I felt the same last weekend but decided to fight it off by getting some sun, O.J. and eating clean (which I know you already do) . great job on those workouts. I admire how you set goals and stick to them.

Well yesterday I just didnt fee like doing the shred, I find that after doing it 2 days in a row my knees need a break. So I did turbo jam instead. It was a good workout and since I haven't been doing much of that lately, when I do do it, its like a treat cuz I miss it and also cuz I burn a lot more and sweat a lot more than I used to before.

Tonight I'm deliberating wether I should continue doing level 1 of the shred or if I am ready to move on to level 2 yet.
    hmmm I kinda wanna stick to level 1 so my measurements are a direct result of level 1 alone but I kinda feel ready to move on....

We'll see. have a great day ladies, and YES I'm stoked about this weekend, just cuz - no special plans or anything.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies, level 1 day 8 is complete! ah I didnt think I would get through it but I did! I was procrastinating but I pushed myself got dressed and just did it!

I think tomorrow I will start level 2 cuz I just am tired of level 1 lol. a lot of ppl have told me its more fun haha

well good night ladies, I'm off to eat my sandwich and some spinach.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! All i can say is Thank Goodness It's Friday (TGIF) because my energy level is waning and this cold is not getting any better. Today is week 2 day 5 of the Insanity Program which means I was suppose to complete the Cardio Power Resistance dvd but just did not have the energy to complete it this morning. Since I wanted to do some type of cardio workout I decided to complete the Cardio X dvd of the P90X series. I struggled a little since I was a bit congested but overall did a great job. I probably will not complete an Insanity dvd until Monday when I complete my 2nd fit test. I plan on heading to the gym tomorrow and taking either the kickboxing or spinning class.

Have a great day!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    good morning ladies. i went to the doctors and i have real bad sinus infection and acute bronicitis. so i won't be able to exercise for awhile. that sucks too. i rather be exercising. i hope sunday i'll feel alittle bit better, so i can start exercising.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening ladies! As I type this post I'm sitting under the dryer at the hair salon trying to keep it together b/c I really just want to crawl into bed but the hair was a hot mess.....a girl has got to have her priorities....LOL. Once the hair is done I will be heading straight home and loading up on medicine in hopes of feeling better tomorrow so I can hit the gym. If i'm not up to hit I'll simply do a lighter dvd over the weekend so I can have all my strength for the upcoming Insanity fit test.

While i've been exercising regularly I have to admit my eating at night especially over the weekends has not been the best. I'm trying to evaluate what's going on w/me in the evening that has been causing me to have crazy cravings at night. During the day, especially while at work, I stick to my meal plan w/o a problem but the minute I get home i start wanting to eat EVERYTHING!. I've managed to maintain my weight which i'm happy about but I know I wont get the body I want and deserve if i don't get it together and SOON!.

Any suggestions on how to combat this sudden (last 2 weeks or so) cravings hike. It's seriously bad on the weekends but I'm usually able to keep it together for most of the weekend.

Nola: Great job sticking w/the Shred. Doing the same workout daily can get boring sometimes so way to see it through. Hope your knees are holdin up well.

Porterbaby: Hope you feel better. Im going to tell you what everyone's told me, get some rest and stay hydrated.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! I decided to sleep in and skip the kickboxing class this morning in hopes of rejuvenating this sick and energy-less body of mine and that extra sleep was just what I needed. While I'm clearly not 100% I did feel rejuvenated enough to throw in the Kenpo X dvd of the P90X series and rocked it out for 45 minutes. Now that the workout is complete I'm about to have lunch, do some light house cleaning and RELAX for the remainder of the day.

I am suppose to have dinner w/friends this evening but I'm really thinking i"m going to bypass this as well. I'm really feeling like this weekend will be all about chocolickkyss getting some much R & R.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    thanks choco. and great job on your workout. you deserve some r&r.enjoy the rest of the day.