10 in 9, part 2

Options

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hey all

Did a little work for my hubby's company last night and made a little money and got a workout delivering 37 boxes of tomato's
    I joined a group that is starting P90x on MOnday so I will be starting that and hopefully start seeing some real results and make my april 7th challange goal of 10 pounds.
    Have not eaten a lot because of the stomach flu still don't have my appetite back yet

Hope yall are having a great week
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    p90x that's awesome! good luck, and keep us posted on ur progress!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies!
    Last night was a good night, I did a 35 minute workout. Its hard for me to only do 35 minutes of exercise in a day, I feel like I don't do enough. I usually get 60-90 minutes in, so last night I really wanted to just do the 35 minutes and just push myself really hard. I did a CE cardio workout called Burn It Off, and boy did it ever work me! Lots of really fast cardio segments. It felt great. I also did 10 minutes of Ab Burner, which was harder than ever.

The good news is: I haven't gained any weight. The bad news is: I've been stuck at this same weight for 9 weeks. Ever since the week of Christmas. I'm not getting too down on myself right now because I feel a big difference in the way my clothes fit and things. And this next Thursday I am getting a Fitness Test done. They will test my body fat, body composition, VO2 Max, Flexibility, Metabolic Rate, Blood Pressure, Muscle Strength & Endurance and a few other things I can't remember. My goal is to get my body fat % down, and not worry too much about my weight. I think the weight will obviously start to come off as I try to lose the body fat. I'm excited & nervous for this test because it will tell me how fit I am, and give me some goals to shoot for. I knew these last 20 pounds were going to be hard, and I am determined to get them off before the end of the year. I don't care if it takes me that long.... I just want them off and I am going to work my tail off getting there. I'm not going to "starve" myself by eating too little of calories. And I am going to work hard on my exercises and keep pushing myself. The slower I lose this weight...the longer I will be able to keep it off. I just have to keep telling myself that!

Nola- Glad to hear you are doing great in your workouts! Don't worry too much about the scale tomorrow... This morning was the first time I stepped on that thing in about 3 weeks because I've been so frustrated that weight wasn't coming off-and I def wasn't going to step on it last week with the TOM..yikes! But, as I've been focusing more on eating good foods & getting the exercise in...and not worrying so much about the scale..I can see a difference in my clothes. I know after Christmas break I "felt like I gained" as well, but once you start to get back into booty-kicking time you will start to feel a lot better.

Choco- Girl, YOU are the one that inspires me!! You are always on top of those workouts, even if they aren't quite your favorite. You'll have to let me know how you like Insanity. I've been wondering if it is a cardio workout? Or if it is strength training? I am looking for more cardio workouts to put in my DVD collection. I like having the variety, for sure.

porterbaby- I'm sorry that the TOM is coming... make sure to drink a lot of water & eat good foods. Listen to your body this month during that time and see what foods make you more crampy and things. I know as I've done this I am able to avoid bad cramps. My TOM only lasted like 2 days this last month. With exercise & clean eating it really helped with cramps. Good luck darlin- you can get through it--no problemo!

smadag- glad to hear you are feeling better! I noticed you said you were going to challenge yourself to lose 10 pounds by april 7th? My advice would be to extend your challenge date...Trying to lose 10 pounds that quickly may set you up for failure. I usually try to over-extend my goals so that I won't be disappointed if the weight comes off slower than I thought. Especially if you are adding a strength program into your routine...because when most people start a strength training program they gain weight in the first 1-2 weeks. Its hard to be okay with that, but it is the way our body works as it retains water & builds muscle. I just don't want to see you get too disappointed. You CAN lose weight, and its okay to lose it slower :) Hope you get that appetite back!!

aam- how you doing? Are you getting back on track with those workouts?? It is great to have you back :)
  • smadag1
    Options
    The challange was set up by a friend I know I am reaching high for my goal but I thought what the heck I am hoping P90X will help me kick start my loss again I know I might not reach it, but what the heck.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    The challange was set up by a friend I know I am reaching high for my goal but I thought what the heck I am hoping P90X will help me kick start my loss again I know I might not reach it, but what the heck.

you go girl! :happy: I'm sure you'll see some fabulous results with P90x. Even if its not necessarily weight loss in the beginning, you'll see some amazing inches lost for sure!!! Good luck!!!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    will TOM paid me a visit today, while i was exercising. maybe i'll feel better when this is almost over. that is a devil each month.:devil: :laugh:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I'm about to head to my kickboxing class but wanted to drop in quickly and see how my 10 in 9 ladies are doing. Seems like everyone is really on track and has mini goals established to help them stay on track. Keep focus ladies b/c we are doing awesome.

Dawna: Insanity is mostly cardio but you do have strength moves involved that use nothing but your own body weight (push ups, seated dips). I've only been able to check out 3 of the 10 dvds thus far but based on what I've seen even the strength moves are cardio base b/c Shaun T has you doing them at such an Insane pace (he doesn't want u compromising form for speed though) that you get the cardio in as well. An example of a warm up was: jog in place, jump squats, high knees, butt kicks, power jumps, something called global jumps and I think a couple other exercises. He starts the warm up at a decent pace one your done w/the first set you repeat all the moves (jog in place, jump squats, high knees etc) at a faster pace and then the final warm up set is at an INSANE pace. A poster on another thread said she burned 150 calories just doing the 10 minute warm up. The 1st month of dvds appear to be about 39-45 minutes in duration while the 2nd month is about 60 minutes.

Everyone have a great day, I plan to check back in once the workout is complete.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    to tell you the truth my TOM is making sick to my stomach, i really don't have much of an appetite. i'm not cramping yet and i don't any cravings for any terrible carbs. i just been drinking alot of liquids.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I left my house a little later than I anticipated this morning so I was rushing to get to my kickboxing class on time but I did make it and 45 minutes later the workout is complete. The instructor has sooooo much energy you can't help but enjoy yourself while breathing hard and wiping sweat from your eyes....LOL. Anyway, I was able to get in a little ab work after kickboxing and topped it all off w/a delicious banana/strawberry protein shake.

I've returned home, showered and am heading back out the door so I can hit the mall. This Friday my best girlfriends are flying into town for the old school concert and I need a new outfit, so, a shopping I will go. I'm hoping to find a nice pair of fitting jeans, a top and some boots that I can cop at half price since spring is almost here. We'll see what I end up with.

Once I'm done w/my shopping adventure I'm off to a book club meeting. The host of the meeting has ordered pasta from the Olive Garden but you'll be happy to know I"m bringing my own food. I've decided on a Weight Watchers pizza and spinach salad. They are packed in my lunch box and ready to go.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Choco you are a much better person than me cuz I would not be able to pass up olive garden ever! lol the nearest one is 30 mins away so we only go a couple time for the year on special occassions.

Well I have a lot to tell u guys but I'm on my way out, will check in later, just wanted ro checkin and tell u that my workout for today is complete and i feel awesome. On my way to get a haircut hope that goes well.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Ok I'm back home and had a nice hair cut but something fishy happened. First of all I think I got way over charged cuz I washed my hair home to make the process quicker and all she had to do was cut and blow it out. I figured since its a nice salon I'd get charged $30-$35 for my hair cut and to my suprise I was charged $47 BUCKS! :ohwell:
    I was taken back but didnt say anything, while I was waiting for my receipt I was txting my friend to let her know I was done and before I knew it my phone was gone! (I guess I set it down at the counter to put my wallet back in my purse. So I started freeking out cuz I cudnt find my phone and they didn't seem bothered and I started insisting I had to have lost it at the counter cuz I hadnt even left yet. Then the cashier girl was like is your p hone a Blackberry, I said yes! I had it here just a minute ago, and I dunno it was crazy cuz she was like oh is this it, and she pulled it out from under the desk so I was like WTF JUST HAPPENED? still in shock that I was overcharged and almost lost my phone I just left cuz I was pissed! sorry just had to vent.

Anyways back to my workout from this morning, I am SUPER EXCITED to report that I made it on the treadmill running for FIFTEEN MINS straight at 5mph, and I could not believe it. I dunno about you girls but I could never run longer than 2 mins straight without getting out of breath and my calves or legs cramping up so for me this was a HUGE accomplishment!
    So the treadmill + elliptical+ abs = 610 calories! wooo hooooooo! never made it all the way to the 600;s before!
    On the downside, I gained back a pound and I was actually pissed but then I just thought I gotta try harder. And that is exactlly what I'll do! Won't look at the scale again until another couple weeks and see how it goes.

Have a great weekend ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    nolachick: that great, i'm very proud of you.
    i don't like pop at all, but man my TOM has got my stomach all upset. i'm not even have an appetite, but my man wanted me to eat with him and man it's making stomach turn knots, so i had some serria mist. that's the only pop that help my stomach. TOM is being very mean to me.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Well, my day has started. I have eaten breakfast, ironed work clothes for the week and gotten 30 minutes of stretching in. Since Sunday's are my designated rest day I decided to really take it easy so its only stretching for me today. I still have grocery shopping on the "to do" list so I'll be getting dressed soon to head out the door and get that done.

I had a wonderful time out in about yesterday. Since Macy's was having a "One Day" sale I was able to buy a new pair of Calvin Klein jeans for $8.00, how great is that. Also, I decided to see if I could fit into a size "4" jean and my goodness they fit AND fit well. I don't believe I've ever been in a size 4 anything so that was amazing. At my largest I was a size 12 and 14 and as of late have fluctuated btwn a size 6 and 8. While I don't think I'm a true 4 yet (the jeans were 1% elastic) it definitely felt good.

Nola: I'm not a good judge when it comes to hair salon prices b/c I know prices vary depending on the location. My beautician does not allow anyone to just get hair styled or cut w/o her washing it. So, it might cost about that much for me to get a hair cut but at least I will have my hair washed, deep conditioned, cut and styled. On another note, I'm glad you rocked it out at the gym. Just keep at it. I believe Spring officially starts this month so you want to be ready. Stay focused on your challenge and you'll be at your goal but you have to stay focused.

Porterbaby: Hope you feel better. I was in your shoes last week so I know how TOM can wreck havoc but don't let it win.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!
  • smadag1
    Options
    went to work with hubby yesterday and my body is KILLING ME today. We left our house @ 3am and did not get home until almost 8pm I feel like I did nothing but workout yesterday, I hurt all over.
    I am hoping the unusual workout and the lack of appetite will help me show a loss on the scale.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies, its late and i need to get things together for work but just wanted to drop in and say hi. Today was not suppsoed to be my rest day but it turned out to be and I took a couple naps and got some much needed rest. on the other hand I ate very very badly but was still barely over my cals. Tomorrow is a new day and I have bought a lot of healthy groceries for this week!

Good night.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 1 day 1 of the Insanity program and according to the wall calendar that came along w/the dvds I was suppose to complete my fit test. So, I got up at 5 am, ate breakfast, allowed my food to digest (don't know if I gave it enough time b/c I feel a bit nauseous) and then popped in the dvd. Shaun T begins w/a warm up that consists of joggin, jumpin jacks, heismans, 1-2-3-'s, butt kicks and high knees (I wish I could properly explain the exercises for those that might not know what I'm talking about but don't really know how). Ok, now my heart is pumping but we haven't even started the fit test yet (jeepers creepers). We do a brief but well deserved stretch and it's on to the fit test. Each exercise is performed for a minute w/a quick break in between before beginning the next one. Here are my results:

Switch kicks (2 kicks=1 rep): 50 reps (100 kicks total)

Power jacks (similar to jumpin jacks but a squat is incorporated): 57

Power knees (can't describe): 80

Power jumps (jump in the air and land in squat position): 32

Globe jumps (jump to the right, land in squat position; jump back, land in squat position; jump to the left, land in squat position; jump to the front, land in squat position = 1 rep): 8 reps (32 jumps total)

Suicide jumps (start in real low squat position, jump into plank position, jump back into real low squat position, jump up): 12

Push up jacks (push up but instead of keepin legs together when you lower your chest to the floor you jump them out like when completing a jumping jack....difficult to explain AND difficult to complete): 20

Low plank oblique (can't describe): 40

This fit test was about 30 minutes total and I'm exhausted. The official program begins tomorrow and I really hope I can keep up.

It's time to get dressed and head to the office.

Have a great day
  • nolachick
    Options
    Good job on the workout choco, I really need to start getting my butt up early again. Perhaps with the shred I'll be able to do that seeing that its only 20mins. And I forgot to mention yesterday way to go on those size 4 jeans? that is freaking great!

As for me, will start the shred today. I'm still not sure if I'm doing it everyday or if I should alternate with Turbo Jam, cuz I really don't wanna get bored with the same workout every single day. Any suggestions???

Will check in later ladies. Have a great day.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    This weekend was a baaaad weekend for me. I did all of my exercises and ate pretty good for the most part. But, for some reason I was craving ice cream. So, Friday night I got an ice cream cone, and Saturday I got some frozen yogurt. I felt disgusting afterwards! But, I'm back on track and going to work hard this week. On Friday night I ran for 6 miles on the treadmill in about 60 minutes. It felt great. Then, Saturday I got up and went for another run, only about 4.5 miles and then did ChaLean Extreme to burn a nice 1200 calories for the day.

choco- that is AMAZINg that you got a size 4 jeans...holla!
    nola- sorry to hear about your haircut experience. i would suggest alternating. I know that alternating my workouts as well as adding new things in every week has helped me not get bored, it is also better for your muscles to get some different workouts in.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    hi ladies, i really workout this morning. i did: two zumba workouts on youtube.( kellogg's ones), teabo ultimate bootcamp little bit of,20 min.turbo jam all of it, some of p90x (chest&back). i had to quit, because our dog wanted to out for alittle while. i was going to do p90x leg&back, but my man called me and was going to take me out for chinese. i don't eat much there, just salad, fruits and baked fish and chicken. drink water. i'll just do p90x tomorrow.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    hi ladies, i went ahead and bought me another pair of size 6 jeans. i got a pair of stoned washed jeans. whenever i can i'll get someone to take a picture of what i look like now, but i still have alot more to do though. i'll have to post it in my profile though. i was looking at some bikinis today. i almost got a pair, but i changed my mind. i want to wait.