10 in 9, part 2

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Porterbaby: I'm not a yoga person so I've only watched the dvd and its really unlikely that I will actually do it. I've been substituting the cardio x dvd on yoga days. Cardio has about 10 minutes of yoga and that's about as much of it as I can tolerate. I'm glad you like it though. How have the P90X workouts been coming along?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies. I'm happy to report that the procrastination is over and the workout is complete. Everytime I thought about working out today I found something else to distract myself. Finally I said enough is enough, press play and BRING IT! I did just that and 58 minutes later Kenpo X is done. I usually attend a Saturday morning kickboxing class but since it snowed last night I decided to stay in today.

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful Saturday and has completed or is about to complete their workout.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Valentine's ladies, I hope your weekend is coming along well!

I've been up since 5 am b/c my best friend who have not spoken w/since X-mas gave me a call and we talked until about 7 am and then another good friend call right after and talked for another 2 hours. I told myself that before I got too comfortable I was going to get my workout complete and I have succeeded. As always, Sunday is my light day so I decided to complete the 58 minutes of the P90X stretching dvd. I know stretching is an essential piece of working out to help w/flexibility and preventing injuries but i'm not sure 58 minutes of it is necessary. I kept telling myself I was only going to do 30 minutes but then when 30 minutes passed I said 45 minutes and then here comes 45 minutes and I finally said just suck it up and do the entire thing and I did. Glad it's over and it was not as bad as I had anticipated although I still don't think I need 58 minutes of it.

Now that the workout is complete I can spend the rest of the day relaxing.

Nola: I hope the last weekend w/your mom went well and there are no regrets as she boards the plane heading back home and I hope you and your bf are able to enjoy the quality time that was missed while mom was visiting.

Hope everyone else is having a fantastic valentines weekend w/that special someone. Have a great day all!
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hello my girlies .... Just popped in to wish you all a great Valentine's Day !!!!! :flowerforyou: I have been crazy busy lately but Im going to try to find the time to get back on track . I see you all are doing awesome keep up the good work !!!:drinker:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Hope everyon ehad a great weekend and a great Vday yesterday. My weekend was super hectic, so needless to say there were no workouts but there was lots of walking running last minute errands and walking to and from parades. My mom left yesterday but we had a great weekend.

Our girls night on fri turned out great, we did dinner and a movie and it was fun. Sat we ran last minute errands and went to a parade and then drinks @ a nearby bar (I only had 1 beer tho cuz I was driving. + cudnt afford the cals).

Yesterday was really crazy - to make a long story short I took my mom to the airport at 8:30 left the ariport til almost 10 cuz there was a lotta ppl, flew home to get ready for a wedding at 11, of course we were running late AND got stuck in traffic, missed the ceremony but made it to the reception. On our way back home we hit traffic and road closures AGAIN and got stuck in traffic for another 2+ HOURS. It was so frustrating. I HATE MARDI GRAS NOW! remind next year, I'll go out of town.
    got home exhausted and napped until 9pm so no time for cooking me that dinner. We pushed it to wed when we have more time and less stress to deal with. Sorry that was long, had to vent!

If you're still reading - my good news for this wkend was that I went to a store to try on dresses and for the first time in a long time, did not have to shop in the plus size section - the smallest size in that section was too big! So I'm finally back to the regular size even tho it's an L, much better than XL. So I bought a beautiful gray dress that's for like an office event. I don't have anything coming up but it fit so perfect and I was so excited, I bought it anyway!

Porterbaby: not sure what to say about ur sugar except to go to a Dr. and get help. As for my own ten cents I know that complex carbs are good to eat because they slowly release energy.:

"Complex carbs (carbohydrate) foods are basically those in wholegrain form such as wholegrain breads, oats, muesli and brown rice. Complex carbs are broken down into glucose more slowly than simple carbohydrates and thus provide a gradual steady stream of energy throughout the day."

http://www.iloveindia.com/nutrition/carbohydrates/complex-carbohydrate-food.html

The digestion of complex carbohydrates is a long process. It involves the breakdown of the chain of sugar molecules into individual sugars, for the absorption through the intestines. Complex carbohydrates are found in a wide variety of food, including fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and grains. Check out the list of the food sources of complex carbohydrate, given below.

Foods High In Complex Carbohydrates
    Bagel
    Barley
    Beans
    Bran
    Brown Bread
    Brown Rice
    Buckwheat
    Cassava
    Corn
    Cornmeal
    Granary Bread
    High Fiber Breakfast Cereals
    Lentils
    Macaroni
    Maize
    Muesli
    Oatcakes
    Oatmeal
    Pasta
    Peas
    Porridge Oats
    Potatoes
    Shredded Wheat
    Spaghetti
    Whole Meal bread
    Wholegrain Cereals
    Yam

Hope that helps!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    thanks nolachick. i have been to the doctor before over it and he wanted me to lose the weight and i have before and he said wants i lose the weight it'll be okay. that was long time ago though. now that i'm losing weight again, i thought it won't bother me again. but the last couple of days i feel fine.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Today is week 3 day 1 of the P90X series and I was able to rock out the chest and back dvd after procrastinating the entire morning. I really don't know what's going on w/me but my desire to exercise daily is waning terribly. I'm finding myself procrastinating more and having to really talk myself into "bringing it" during my workouts. I'm fearful that I will eventually say "forget it" regarding daily exercise and will just watch my caloric intake since I've already hit my goal weight. I know why I need daily exercise but I'll admit it's getting harder by the day. Anyway, 52 minutes later the workout is done and I'm happy about it.

Tomorrow is Plyometrics and hopefully I can get up and get it in.

Have a great day all!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Hey Choco, good work on the workouts even when ur not feeling it. I am on the opposite end, I still haven't been able to workout and am feeling stressed but I will be walking home from work today to beat the traffic hehe so that's about a 1.5 mile walk. I'll count that as today's workout hehe.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies, today was a better start than yesterday in terms of putting off the workout. It's week 3 day 2 of the P90X series and I was suppose to complete the Plyometrics dvd but b/c I didn't feel like putting my bum knee through all the brutal jumping today I substituted the Jillian Michael's Blast Fat/Boost Metabolism dvd for Plyo. While Jillian has you doing quite a bit of jumping she does break it up and add in some kickboxing and floor work. All in all it was a great workout and 50 minutes later I'm done.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Mornin all I am just dropping in to say Hi I drove 800 miles yesterday to see my family for a week since I lost my job. This is going to be a real challange to watch my eating because they DO NOT eat healthy
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Today is week 3 day 3 of the P90X series and 59 minutes later the shoulders & arms dvd is complete. I'm also happy to announce that there was no procrastination today. My alarm went off and I got up and got the workout in. I might not be able to check in as much today b/c I will be in training.

Smadag: Since you wont have a lot of control over the menu you might want to cut back on your portions so you don't consume too many calories. Good luck and enjoy the week w/your family.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Hope you all had a great weekend! I had Monday off...so this week is flying by and I love it! I did some Burn Intervals last night, its pretty much like boot camp and I about died (my poor neighbors) but I love the burn and sweat afterwards. Plus I ate a good handful of chocolates I had to counteract. Sooo good, but sooo bad. How are you all doing?
  • nolachick
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    not having a good day today. for some reason I cudnt fall asleep last night and got only about 2 HRS OF SLEEP: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

of course I cudnt get up to workout and i'm exhausted at work so when I get home who knows if I will be able to workout. I have a massive headache and I'm trying to lay off the soda and coffee so water will have to do.

Will check in later, hope everyone is doing good still.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies, I'm feeling a little better, can't wait to gethome eat dinner and relax. my bf and I are supposed to be making pizzas tonights so I will try to keep it healthy. But even without exercise I still have 800 cals for dinner which is a lot for me. Guess thats a good thing.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Nola, I'm sorry I past the sleep deprivation problem on to you but hope you get some much needed rest tonight and kick butt in your workouts tomorrow.

Dawna: Glad you enjoyed your v-day weekend and are still kicking butt in your workouts.

I got great news from one of my dr's yesterday......clean bill of health....no high blood pressure, cholesterol, no anemia etc....I never had problems in any of these areas but it's nice to know things are still going well. I was told my weight is great, bmi perfect and body fat percentage is in the fitness area. I'm still waiting on the other dr to see if she can find out why i'm having sleep problems but I'll take all the good news I can get.
  • smadag1
    Options

Smadag: Since you wont have a lot of control over the menu you might want to cut back on your portions so you don't consume too many calories. Good luck and enjoy the week w/your family.

I brought my P90x with me so I ma hoping to get that worked in while I am here
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Today is week 3 day 4 of P90X and I was suppose to complete the Yoga dvd but since I'm not a fan of Yoga I usually complete Cardio X. However, I woke up so energized I decided to put in the Plyometrics dvd and rock it out. In addition to, "Bringing It" like Tony Horton said I had a very hardy breakfast and I feel absolutely great.
  • smadag1
    Options
    Did kenpo today but I struggled alot so I am going to try to get something else in tonight depending onwhat we are doing might have to drive over an hour to take my dad some new meds to help with his pain.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Morning ladies:
    Great job Choco and Smadag on those P90x workouts! I know they usually feel great after and I'm so jealous cuz I'm dying to start!
    Last night I got some much needed rest. Went to bed around 9:30 and slept til about 7 this morning. Feeling great and hoping to get in some Turbo Jam tonight when I get home.

Have a great Day ya'll! :heart:
  • nolachick
    Options
    Goood Morning ladies!
    Yesterday I got off work a little late and got home later than I thought, but I stuck to what I said and I did my Turbo Jam workout. It was only 20 mins but I figured I needed to ease into it. Today I'm planning on doing the same thing AND adding Turbo Sculpt which is about 50 mins of weight training. Oh yeah! I'm back! Tomorrow I'm going shopping with a close friend to look for a wedding dress :ohwell: that's crazy cuz she's been engaged for a while and all of a sudden she's getting married. haha.

I am hoping to get up early enough to hit the gym or try the Jillian Michael's DVD.
    Well today is the first friday of lent and I am going to try to actually follow the custom of not eating meat on fridays. So today I shall have a salad for lunch and then....not sure about my dinner plans as yet.

Happy Friday everyone!