Milk...?

Options

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I agree, NONE!, the sole purpose of milk it to fatten baby calves.... drink almond milk

Do you realize that you just told someone who wants to cut fat out of their diet to do so risking their health just because you have a opinion that makes no sense? Do you know how many additives are in almond milk in grocerie stories? Is the sole purpose of seaweed for getting its extract and putting it in almond breeze lol.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Cows milk does my body good.

And that's okay if it does your body good; however, I'm looking at the purpose of what milk is intended for: younglings. If someone wants to continue to consume milk, then that is okay. For me, logic says that if animals are weened from their mothers milk, then I should be as well. It is so strange if we see an eight year old still breast feeding from their mother or even drinking their mother's breast milk; yet, we don't find it odd for that eight year old to drink another mother's milk of a different species. Still, we would find it VERY strange if that child drank breast milk from another human mother even if it was bottled.

Do you see my reason?

So why don't we continue to drink it from our mothers since it is made specifically for us? Why aren't the store shelves filled up with human breast milk? It might be easier on our system. Know this, I am not advocating adult consuming breast milk.

Do you have any idea how long an 8 year old would need to nurse? It would take up all the mother's time awake to nurse or pump enough milk to feed an 8 year old. Your argument is ridiculous. And no it's not strange for a child to drink breast milk from another mother's breast. If a mother is willing to nurse another child then that is an act of utter selflessness. Salma Hayak breast fed starving children in a third world country, do you find that strange?
    just 'cause I wanted to read this one over twice
  • CoderGal
    Options
    And that's okay if it does your body good; however, I'm looking at the purpose of what milk is intended for: younglings. If someone wants to continue to consume milk, then that is okay. For me, logic says that if animals are weened from their mothers milk, then I should be as well. It is so strange if we see an eight year old still breast feeding from their mother or even drinking their mother's breast milk; yet, we don't find it odd for that eight year old to drink another mother's milk of a different species. Still, we would find it VERY strange if that child drank breast milk from another human mother even if it was bottled.

Do you see my reason?

So why don't we continue to drink it from our mothers since it is made specifically for us? Why aren't the store shelves filled up with human breast milk? It might be easier on our system. Know this, I am not advocating adult consuming breast milk.

It would also seem very strange if we saw an 8 year old eating bbq'd human flesh, but the same for steaks and chickens doesn't hold quite the same shock value. That difference is where your argument breaks down.

Creepy, I was going to say the exact same thing ;)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    How much should I be drinking? I am trying to cut out fats. Or should I not be drinking it? Thanks.

Actually, the fat in milk is good food you. It has essential amino acids in it, one of which is *only* found in full-fat dairy. I used to drink 2% percent milk, but recently switched back to whole milk and full-fat dairy. Trans-fats are the *only* fats that you should purposefully avoid.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I agree, NONE!, the sole purpose of milk it to fatten baby calves.... drink almond milk

Do you realize that you just told someone who wants to cut fat out of their diet to do so risking their health just because you have a opinion that makes no sense? Do you know how many additives are in almond milk in grocerie stories? Is the sole purpose of seaweed for getting its extract and putting it in almond breeze lol.

So cows milk is bad and almond milk is bad. What am I supposed to put in my lucky charms?? :sad:
  • CoderGal
    Options

So cows milk is bad and almond milk is bad. What am I supposed to put in my lucky charms?? :sad:

I didn't say the additive was bad....but I use both....but I prefer just eating the marshmellows in it and eating the cereal dry :P
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Do you see my reason?

It would also seem very strange if we saw an 8 year old eating bbq'd human flesh, but the same for steaks and chickens doesn't hold quite the same shock value. That difference is where your argument breaks down.

Creepy, indeed. I suppose this type of statement makes sense to a vegan, but once you get past the shock value, it just sounds retarded.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Creepy, indeed. I suppose this type of statement makes sense to a vegan, but once you get past the shock value, it just sounds retarded.

I'm sorry that my comment didn't meet your standards. I eat meat, a lot of it in fact. I'm just about as far from a vegan as humanly possible.

The point I was trying to get at is that trying to eat like other species do because "that's what nature intends" doesn't make any sense. A lion isn't going to stop eating wildebeest and switch to grass alongside their newfound besties. By the same token, it wouldn't make sense for us to change our eating habits because of what other animals eat or drink. Also, if it matters, I had a cat that loved cow's milk.

We can, and do, drink milk because it's good for us or we like the taste, or our parents told us we had to. It's not considered any more strange than eating a steak or some corn or whatever. I was attempting to point out the issues with tying that to human breast milk by posing an equally off (though obviously more extreme) analogy.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I live right next door to a dairy farm that sells non homogenized milk not the crap that can sit on a shelf for weeks on end with souring. Milk does a body good.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I'm sorry that my comment didn't meet your standards. I eat meat, a lot of it in fact. I'm just about as far from a vegan as humanly possible.

The point I was trying to get at is that trying to eat like other species do because "that's what nature intends" doesn't make any sense. A lion isn't going to stop eating wildebeest and switch to grass alongside their newfound besties. By the same token, it wouldn't make sense for us to change our eating habits because of what other animals eat or drink. Also, if it matters, I had a cat that loved cow's milk.

We can, and do, drink milk because it's good for us or we like the taste, or our parents told us we had to. It's not considered any more strange than eating a steak or some corn or whatever. I was attempting to point out the issues with tying that to human breast milk by posing an equally off (though obviously more extreme) analogy.

Ok, well that point was totally lost on me. Sorry. :laugh:

it just sounded like the drivel that the vegans spew. But I stand by my earlier comment that milk contains a lot of good nutrients that our bodies need. I also think that the reason we don't buy human milk at the store is because production costs would be through the roof.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Totally agree! Almond milk is a highly processed food. Healthier than cow's milk? I don't think so. :noway:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Cows milk does my body good.

And that's okay if it does your body good; however, I'm looking at the purpose of what milk is intended for: younglings.

So, aside from human breast milk, what foods are intended specifically for humans? Is there some master list?

Duh, Shakeology

Acg67 FTW!! :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I live right next door to a dairy farm that sells non homogenized milk not the crap that can sit on a shelf for weeks on end with souring. Milk does a body good.

Hmm. The milk we get at my store is only good for 10 days from delivery. I would love to invest in this weeks lasting milk so I can make more money, thanks.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    So, aside from human breast milk, what foods are intended specifically for humans? Is there some master list?

You can never go wrong with a plant-based diet. Deer, cows, turkeys, etc., they seem to do pretty well.

I have no desire to look like a cow. Or a turkey.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I drink fat-free milk -- and I try for at least a cup a day (and preferably two cups a day). One in the morning, and one at night.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options

You can never go wrong with a plant-based diet. Deer, cows, turkeys, etc., they seem to do pretty well.

you did not say deer... you must be horny :laugh: :laugh:
  • CoderGal
    Options

Sara! I'm in class :( Now people think I am laughing at heuristics algorithms, and it is no laughing matter :(
  • CoderGal
    Options

it's due to the new black widow leg theory she's trying. Keep your distance.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

tumblr_m9fsgbnsYo1reko8lo1_250.gif
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options

it's due to the new black widow leg theory she's trying. Keep your distance.

it was close I was going in

good loking out ...................thanks