Friend Requesters - Is it really that hard...

Options
To send a message when sending a friend request?

80% of my FRs arrive without a message. I don't get why it's so hard for people. This is not facebook. We do not know each other, so unless you can give me a good reason that we have some sort of similar goals, or you've seen me post on a forum and agree, or ANYTHING really, I'm going to decline you.

I want to hear from people that send these blank FRs... why do you do it? Give me some insight. Am I missing something?

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    and that is why I reject 95% of my requests! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    It is also not that hard to click "Decline".

.....like you said, you don't know these people. Why worry about it?
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Doesn't sound hard at all.

For me personally I ask that they email me with a resume and a cover page outlining their qualifications and life long experiences that make them candidate to make my friend list.

Also they have to write a 1,000 - 1,500 word essay with a clear thesis, 5 supporting arguments and a strong conclusion, using only academic sources and scholarly journals for reference.

Sometimes personal interviews may be necessary and some conditions may also apply.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I'm the one that got through?!?!

35iay4j.gif
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound hard at all.

For me personally I ask that they email me with a resume and a cover page outlining their qualifications and life long experiences that make them candidate to make my friend list.

Also they have to write a 1,000 - 1,500 word essay with a clear thesis, 5 supporting arguments and a strong conclusion, using only academic sources and scholarly journals for reference.

Sometimes personal interviews may be necessary and some conditions may also apply.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It is also not that hard to click "Decline".

.....like you said, you don't know these people. Why worry about it?

For one, I'm not worried. I'm just asking for insight because I'm curious. And like I said, I do hit decline.

This is chit-chat dude, I don't lose sleep over it.
  • taunto
    Options
    @OP: I know, its not really hard to be a pro creeper and just say "Hey, I liked your posts/comments on our mutual friends" and THEN send the invite. Pervs just don't wanna go the extra mile. They make things too easy for pros like me
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

35iay4j.gif

aren't you Mr. Special? Heck yes you are! :)
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    To send a message when sending a friend request?

80% of my FRs arrive without a message. I don't get why it's so hard for people. This is not facebook. We do not know each other, so unless you can give me a good reason that we have some sort of similar goals, or you've seen me post on a forum and agree, or ANYTHING really, I'm going to decline you.

I want to hear from people that send these blank FRs... why do you do it? Give me some insight. Am I missing something?

message? message!?... i don't need no stinkin' message!!

We+don%2527t+need+no+stinkin+badges.jpg
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't usually send requests, and if I do, I include a message if we didn't just have an exchange on the forums, but I accept blank requests because my profile is private and I assume they thought we'd have something in common from the message boards. That's my guess about why people don't--they assume that's what people assume.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    yea it's not hard at all!!!! I usually Go with

"Hello heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and outter beauty is simply divine and everlasting, Yours is an ancient beauty, the kind of muse that inspired Omar Khayyam or the Chauraspanchasika. Surely it was an angel like you who wooed Odysseus as he stood tied to the mast or whose light burst from the balcony that inspired Romeo... to song. Oh be my muse, fair princess and we shall teach the generations to come how to love."

Works well i find.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    Options
    @OP: I know, its not really hard to be a pro creeper and just say "Hey, I liked your posts/comments on our mutual friends" and THEN send the invite. Pervs just don't wanna go the extra mile. They make things too easy for pros like me

LOL I know you know all the secrets. I saw your post the other day.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Since your profile is blank unless I am your friend, I have no idea if I share any interests or not. I would send a blank FR to match your profile...
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Agreed! X
  • hmires1968
    Options
    I don't believe I have friend requested you...lol...but if I have I was declined. :laugh: Maybe they just liked something you said though...or liked your progress and you inspired them. Maybe they didn't know what to write...or if what they wrote would come across lame??
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Since your profile is blank unless I am your friend, I have no idea if I share any interests or not. I would send a blank FR to match your profile...
    ^
  • LuluProteinFueled
    Options
    yea it's not hard at all!!!! I usually Go with

"Hello heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and outter beauty is simply divine and everlasting, Yours is an ancient beauty, the kind of muse that inspired Omar Khayyam or the Chauraspanchasika. Surely it was an angel like you who wooed Odysseus as he stood tied to the mast or whose light burst from the balcony that inspired Romeo... to song. Oh be my muse, fair princess and we shall teach the generations to come how to love."

Works well i find.

How YOU doin?
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the mere fact that we're both on this site shows that we have something in common-- we care about getting our health in line or keeping it in line. Why does everyone expect a personal message from someone?

About 95% of the time I do send a message because it's rare that i try to add people...but there are times I don't send a message. If I don't get accepted as a "friend" that's fine.
  • taunto
    Options

35iay4j.gif

aren't you Mr. Special? Heck yes you are! :)

Do I get a cookie?!?!?!

LOL I know you know all the secrets. I saw your post the other day.

Secret-Service-Exposed1.jpg
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I don't accept requests without messages or from those with private or blank profiles either. The only exception I will make is if I chatted with such a person before via open threads. Otherwise, it's an instant decline. I don't want 200 "friends" who won't communicate with me on somewhat of a regular basis or does not have similar health and fitness goals.