Friend Requesters - Is it really that hard...

Options

Replies

• JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Since your profile is blank unless I am your friend, I have no idea if I share any interests or not. I would send a blank FR to match your profile...

That's all well and good, but hypothetically why are you friend requesting me in the first place if you don't know anything about me?

I'm not. Why are you asking the question of people who you are judging you don't want to be friends with for such an arbitrary reason?

Sounds like she's tired of it. Why you feel the need to chime in if you have no interest in the matter. We can go n circles, or you can let her vent.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Not writing a message when adding a friend is as awkward as sitting next to a stranger on a bus, and watching him/her reach over and turn a page of your newspaper while you're reading.:grumble:

Quoted for truth (and for stealing this in future). Thank you :)

and may the force be with you!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Since your profile is blank unless I am your friend, I have no idea if I share any interests or not. I would send a blank FR to match your profile...

That's all well and good, but hypothetically why are you friend requesting me in the first place if you don't know anything about me?

Because I think I could sew a nice meatsuit with your skin?

Hi Dr.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the mere fact that we're both on this site shows that we have something in common-- we care about getting our health in line or keeping it in line. Why does everyone expect a personal message from someone?

About 95% of the time I do send a message because it's rare that i try to add people...but there are times I don't send a message. If I don't get accepted as a "friend" that's fine.

Have you read the forums lately? People don't care about health.

Then why are you here? Because I can assure you that the people on my friendslist DO care about their health. Get off the site if you don't. Simple as that.

I think you may have missed that her comment was tongue in cheek!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    and that is why I reject 95% of my requests! :flowerforyou:

I'm the one that got through?!?!

35iay4j.gif

I love Jenna Marbles. Let's be friends. You can send me a blank request.
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It is also not that hard to click "Decline".

.....like you said, you don't know these people. Why worry about it?

For one, I'm not worried. I'm just asking for insight because I'm curious. And like I said, I do hit decline.

This is chit-chat dude, I don't lose sleep over it.

Dude!:laugh:
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    ITT: The OP and supporters attempt to justify some form of Elitism over an internet website that tracks

calories, and has a social network.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options

I'm not. Why are you asking the question of people who you are judging you don't want to be friends with for such an arbitrary reason?

I'm not judging anyone. I was asking for insight purely for curiosity reasons. I'm actually quite amused that people are getting so worked up over this.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would say that mine are 50/50. It makes me curious, but it's not annoying. I never send friend requests. Maybe that's "too hard" as well. :laugh:
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options

I'm not judging anyone. I was asking for insight purely for curiosity reasons. I'm actually quite amused that people are getting so worked up over this.

There's definitely a MPF crowd that lives for these topics to arise. I play it down the middle, I completely concur with you about the friend request stuff, and I do get a kick out of SOME of the responses. LOL
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    and that is why I reject 95% of my requests! :flowerforyou:

I'm the one that got through?!?!

35iay4j.gif

I love Jenna Marbles. Let's be friends. You can send me a blank request.

I just love blondes

Who're girls

And jumping

creepersmile.gif
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    Wow! Didn't realize this was actually a big deal. I only send a message if I saw them say something that cracked me up or they request it in their profile. My bad. I'm so truly lucky that they accepted me anyway ;). I do generally thank them afterwards.

I personally don't need a message with a request. I'm here to be positive and motivational. I'll do that for anyone ;)
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the mere fact that we're both on this site shows that we have something in common-- we care about getting our health in line or keeping it in line. Why does everyone expect a personal message from someone?

About 95% of the time I do send a message because it's rare that i try to add people...but there are times I don't send a message. If I don't get accepted as a "friend" that's fine.

Have you read the forums lately? People don't care about health.

Then why are you here? Because I can assure you that the people on my friendslist DO care about their health. Get off the site if you don't. Simple as that.

I think you may have missed that her comment was tongue in cheek!

And I think you missed the post where Mr. Personality said that only idiots send him FRs. =P
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    How dare people want to be friends with you? The nerve!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    yea it's not hard at all!!!! I usually Go with

"Hello heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and outter beauty is simply divine and everlasting, Yours is an ancient beauty, the kind of muse that inspired Omar Khayyam or the Chauraspanchasika. Surely it was an angel like you who wooed Odysseus as he stood tied to the mast or whose light burst from the balcony that inspired Romeo... to song. Oh be my muse, fair princess and we shall teach the generations to come how to love."

Works well i find.

lol :drinker:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    ITT: The OP and supporters attempt to justify some form of Elitism over an internet website that tracks

tumblr_m8r8a8PRx61qjemo2o1_500.gif
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

tumblr_m8r8a8PRx61qjemo2o1_500.gif

brb pointless gifs/pics when i can't actually come back with a rebuttal

what gif will he respond with next?
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I do this. I add people when we have the same amount of weight to lose - we both started the same time, or i am interested in their diary. I personally don't think its a big deal.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    It strikes me as a little weird as well. I assume if people want to be friends they are wanting to communicate sometimes so why not start that when you send the request? Then again I don't get many requests anyway, I assume due to my blue face :P