Friend Requesters - Is it really that hard...

Options

Replies

• LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Since your profile is blank unless I am your friend, I have no idea if I share any interests or not. I would send a blank FR to match your profile...

That's all well and good, but hypothetically why are you friend requesting me in the first place if you don't know anything about me?
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Not writing a message when adding a friend is as awkward as sitting next to a stranger on a bus, and watching him/her reach over and turn a page of your newspaper while you're reading.:grumble:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Taunto--I do make a killer white chocolate macadamia nut cookie.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    Options
    To be honest, the mere fact that we're both on this site shows that we have something in common-- we care about getting our health in line or keeping it in line. Why does everyone expect a personal message from someone?

About 95% of the time I do send a message because it's rare that i try to add people...but there are times I don't send a message. If I don't get accepted as a "friend" that's fine.

Have you read the forums lately? People don't care about health.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    yea it's not hard at all!!!! I usually Go with

"Hello heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and outter beauty is simply divine and everlasting, Yours is an ancient beauty, the kind of muse that inspired Omar Khayyam or the Chauraspanchasika. Surely it was an angel like you who wooed Odysseus as he stood tied to the mast or whose light burst from the balcony that inspired Romeo... to song. Oh be my muse, fair princess and we shall teach the generations to come how to love."

Works well i find.

Now, if you sent that to me I would friend you......not because of the words, but because to send THAT to me you would have to be so totally off your nut. I like that in a friend!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Not writing a message when adding a friend is as awkward as sitting next to a stranger on a bus, and watching him/her reach over and turn a page of your newspaper while you're reading.:grumble:

But it's really fun to do that to people reading 50 Shades of Grey.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Since your profile is blank unless I am your friend, I have no idea if I share any interests or not. I would send a blank FR to match your profile...

That's all well and good, but hypothetically why are you friend requesting me in the first place if you don't know anything about me?

Because I think I could sew a nice meatsuit with your skin.
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    yea it's not hard at all!!!! I usually Go with

"Hello heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and outter beauty is simply divine and everlasting, Yours is an ancient beauty, the kind of muse that inspired Omar Khayyam or the Chauraspanchasika. Surely it was an angel like you who wooed Odysseus as he stood tied to the mast or whose light burst from the balcony that inspired Romeo... to song. Oh be my muse, fair princess and we shall teach the generations to come how to love."

Works well i find.

Cheeky......
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    294x294px-LL-a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpeg
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Quoted for truth (and for stealing this in future). Thank you :)
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the mere fact that we're both on this site shows that we have something in common-- we care about getting our health in line or keeping it in line. Why does everyone expect a personal message from someone?

About 95% of the time I do send a message because it's rare that i try to add people...but there are times I don't send a message. If I don't get accepted as a "friend" that's fine.

Then why are you here? Because I can assure you that the people on my friendslist DO care about their health. Get off the site if you don't. Simple as that.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I decline, unless a message accompanies the request.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

I'm not. Why are you asking the question of people who you are judging you don't want to be friends with for such an arbitrary reason?
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    To send a message when sending a friend request?

80% of my FRs arrive without a message. I don't get why it's so hard for people. This is not facebook. We do not know each other, so unless you can give me a good reason that we have some sort of similar goals, or you've seen me post on a forum and agree, or ANYTHING really, I'm going to decline you.

I want to hear from people that send these blank FRs... why do you do it? Give me some insight. Am I missing something?

Mine send me messages, and then I still have them refer to my about me section, very descriptive about what I expect. I still hear crickets all day and night, expect when I send a status update unrelated to MFP goals. I delete quite often, I've learned to not except requesters, kinda sh*tty, but my requesters seem to be shallow, or just wanna be "looky lou's" See you later.......
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound hard at all.

For me personally I ask that they email me with a resume and a cover page outlining their qualifications and life long experiences that make them candidate to make my friend list.

Also they have to write a 1,000 - 1,500 word essay with a clear thesis, 5 supporting arguments and a strong conclusion, using only academic sources and scholarly journals for reference.

Sometimes personal interviews may be necessary and some conditions may also apply.

In the past few days, the forums have been full of commentary on friend requesting procedures. You good sir, have won.
  • xoMeaghan
    Options
    294x294px-LL-a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpeg
    LOL
  • LuluProteinFueled
    Options

Then why are you here? Because I can assure you that the people on my friendslist DO care about their health. Get off the site if you don't. Simple as that.

Woah... I wasn't talking about me.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

But it's really fun to do that to people reading 50 Shades of Grey.

but how do you handle getting fidgety in your seat?....
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    is this a good Friends Request message?

"It puts the lotion on its' skin, or else it gets the hose again."

i mean, who could misinterpret that? lotion = good for skin. water = good for skin. clearly, i just want to make sure they have a healthy complexion. is that so wrong?