Friend Requesters - Is it really that hard...

Options

Replies

• MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I think requesting a message w/ a friend request is way overrated. LOL. Either accept or decline, its the internet. LOL
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I just dont get all this fuss about friend request. I really dont care if somebody will send me message or not. Its like: do this and this and than u can be mine friend. Its just mine opinion.
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    I think requesting a message w/ a friend request is way overrated. LOL. Either accept or decline, its the internet. LOL

QUIT TAKING THIS SO LACKADAISICALLY!!! THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :angry:
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You should be thankful. You could be some poor sap that has NEVER had someone send a friend request without a message like...uh...a friend of mine. Yeah, a friend of mine. I'm sure it probably gives him a major complex that he isn't good looking enough, or funny enough, or active enough that people would just send out random friend requests just for the opportunity to have some sort of contact with me, I mean him. You should be thankful. I sure wouldn't want to be him.

I actually started feeling badly you - until I looked and saw that you really don't want any. Well played!

Dang, I....um....my friend can't complain anymore. He just received an anonymous friend request. Woo Hoo! One of the gang!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I accept everybody's friend request. I'm easy. :drinker:
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Until Tuesday, I'm requiring all new friends to send me their absentee election ballot. After that, it will be their Christmas bonus.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Lol funny thread! Honestly often I don't even notice the messages when I get a request. I probably wouldn't notice if someone deleted me either. It's an online site not real life! I'm really not sweating what happens here. I love the support I get from the friends I have and I have others who are probably "friend collectors". I could care less. I've never been so miffed I deleted someone. That is not to say I wouldn't, but I just don't think I take this as seriously as the OP and others.
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    Interesting thread. 5 of my friends have participated. 2 sent me friends request my first day without messages, 1 I sent the FR without the message and 2 with a message. All ways have been valid.

I DO know that I probably would have given up already if it weren't for them. And I think that's what's most important to me.

I have to say that I'm so happy to be one of your friends! You make me smile every single day and I get a kick out of you ;). You inspire me, motivate me, and amaze me! I'm glad you accepted me ;)
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest here... if the guy or gal is hot... you accept it no matter if there is message or not... so that's the real deal breaker
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I never send a friend request without a message. Having said that, I accept everyone because I'm a narcissist.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Let's be honest here... if the guy or gal is hot... you accept it no matter if there is message or not... so that's the real deal breaker

Guilty.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    TRUTH

The people without messages are the ones that are often only friends with young women...creepy.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Since your profile is blank unless I am your friend, I have no idea if I share any interests or not. I would send a blank FR to match your profile...

That's all well and good, but hypothetically why are you friend requesting me in the first place if you don't know anything about me?

Because your hot..... why else? :drinker:
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    It is also not that hard to click "Decline".

.....like you said, you don't know these people. Why worry about it?

For one, I'm not worried. I'm just asking for insight because I'm curious. And like I said, I do hit decline.

This is chit-chat dude, I don't lose sleep over it.

Apparently you lose sleep over it if you're posting on the forum about it... Why not just take a change and accept? The remove friend key is a wonderful thing.
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    and that is why I reject 95% of my requests! :flowerforyou:

Id say 94% of your 95% requests are based solely in your profile pic goodness graciousness...
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly I put down that comment in my quote to ward off friend collectors, pervs requesting pics (yeah ppl ask ME of all people for pics:noway: ), and needy people . The thing about this site is that everyone is a complete stranger and I just want to log my calories and exercises not comment on your unsupportive BFF and how you hate yourself for going over by 100 calories.
  • I sure have missed some good posts on these ol' threads being on vacation. Good gracious.
  • fresh_breath
    Options
    Since I got serious it is looking a bit sad that I apparently have 'no friends'. LOL I sent off a few random requests and introduced myself but happy for anybody to say hello! All I'm really looking for is a bit of motivation to help me as I go. I have found that the more people you tell you're trying to lose weight , etc the more people that are interested and support you... and the more people you will let down if you fail! haha

By the way, i'm 14kgs down now since 13 August! Woohoo!!
  • brandyss
    brandyss Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Lol...don't care if there's a message or not!
  • indigo_rose
    Options

Lol!! This is TRUE.