This has to be one of the most random reasons to lose weight

Options

Replies

• leeannjf
    Options
    So I could look cute in sweatpants and a t-shirt and not just look lazy.
    i didnt know that was possible... but if it is i want that too
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    So I could paint my toenails without painful contortions and getting breathless while doing it.

Because at my starting weight of 217, I was somewhere between US size 16 and 18 but no pants fit right, period. Too tight around the waist and too baggy on the legs/butt or vice versa. I hated always feeling like a slob at work.

I've been skinny before (I'm a yo-yo dieter). I was unemployed for a year (2009-2010) and went on plenty of interviews but it took almost exactly 1 year before I found a job. Whether or not it "should" be this way, attractiveness matters and I no longer had that edge. I know things were especially tough in the economy at that time and there were many applicants for these jobs, but month after month of "thanks, but someone else is going to be a better fit this time" was very discouraging. I remember when I was slim and objectively more attractive, that it DID seem to give me an edge in life (better service, etc). I wondered back then in at least a couple of those interviews, if I'd looked a little better, if that would have been all it would have taken to land the job. Several jobs I applied for were a perfect fit I thought, and I know I was absolutely qualified. I'll never know but if that ever happens to me again, hopefully I won't have to wonder about that part!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    So my boobs stick out further than my stomach. Lol.

This one
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    So I don't have to constantly rearrange clothes and hug a cushion when sitting down!
    SOOO Glad I'm not the only one that does this!!!
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This is my crazy reason, If you are going thro the same you will understand lol

I wanna make my breasts smaller, Im a 5'1'' girl CW: 110 and i have DD breasts...WTF body!? Always hated them, Im trying to go to a C :(
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    So I can cross my legs at all. I've never been able to. Small, random thing that would be so nice to be able to do.
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My reason was so I could see my collar bones. Seriously. I always envied anyone who had them showing, so I worked hard to get there. It worked.

I can now wear sexy off the shoulder, strapless tops all cause I know I have the look for it.

this! i've always judged how much weight i needed to lose by how much my collar bones showed lol.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    No more chubby cheeks and double chin.
  • leeannjf
    Options
    I want my boobs to get smaller. They are HUGE and annoying and I am so done with them!

Ditto. Losing weight, but not much in the boob department. :(

sadly im afraid that my boobs will never shrink, every time i lose weight my boobs either stay the same or get bigger
  • leeannjf
    Options
    i know how you feel
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My sister doesn't know it, but I'm now in competition with her for getting the most looks from men in one day. I've noticed looks every now and then for a few months, one or two *cough*desperate*cough* men look my way about every other shopping trip now.

I figured I was doing pretty good. Until I spent a day with sis and lost count of the number of men who risked whiplash trying to get a second look at her. And me? I went back to being completely invisible. I usually appreciate invisibility, but I won't lie, that kind of invisibility isn't fun.
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    Other than the obvious reasons... to get healthy. Im losing weight so people will notice me in a more positive way. Im tired of getting nasty looks from people. Tired of people holding the door open for my sexy sister then letting it slam shut in my face. Etc etc.
  • keelz2010
    Options
    So I don't have to wear my leggings pulled up to my bra to avoid muffin top....so I can stop untagging myself from pics on facebook due to the dreaded double chin...so I can wear a little thong without looking like I got tangled up in cheese wire!
  • Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So my boobs stick out further than my stomach. Lol.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound morbid but... I want to lose weight so I will fit into a regular size coffin and my children won't be humiliated, after my death, because they'll have to buy a plus size coffin and vault. This happened with my grandmother and uncle and it made an incredibly sad situation worse. I don't plan on leaving this world anytime soon but, when I do, I don't want a funeral director to try and tactfully tell my family I am too big for a standard coffin! LOL
    Paula,
    That is true! One of my sudent's father weighed 750 pounds. When he got hurt, they needed to do an MRI but he did not fit in the machine. They were planning on sending him to the Memphis zoo to use the MRI machine they use for elephants but he died before they could. I remember how large the casket was and how awkward his head was laying. It was lower than his chest.
    I hope I never get so big I have to go to a zoo to use elephant medical equipment!
  • eveejo
    eveejo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    so i can see my knees without bending over? i noticed this in the shower...
  • rere2008
    rere2008 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want my boobs to get smaller. They are HUGE and annoying and I am so done with them!

Oh my goodness, me too!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    So I could paint my toenails without painful contortions and getting breathless while doing it.

Because at my starting weight of 217, I was somewhere between US size 16 and 18 but no pants fit right, period. Too tight around the waist and too baggy on the legs/butt or vice versa. I hated always feeling like a slob at work.

I've been skinny before (I'm a yo-yo dieter). I was unemployed for a year (2009-2010) and went on plenty of interviews but it took almost exactly 1 year before I found a job. Whether or not it "should" be this way, attractiveness matters and I no longer had that edge. I know things were especially tough in the economy at that time and there were many applicants for these jobs, but month after month of "thanks, but someone else is going to be a better fit this time" was very discouraging. I remember when I was slim and objectively more attractive, that it DID seem to give me an edge in life (better service, etc). I wondered back then in at least a couple of those interviews, if I'd looked a little better, if that would have been all it would have taken to land the job. Several jobs I applied for were a perfect fit I thought, and I know I was absolutely qualified. I'll never know but if that ever happens to me again, hopefully I won't have to wonder about that part!
    That is sad but oh so true! Your looks are your first impression. Once they see you, then they decide to look at your qualifications!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Can I do most random reason to gain?

In the winter I sleep with my hangs between my thighs to keep warm... but my thighs don't touch anymore. Need some insulation for winter!!
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think my weirdest reason for losing was so that I would look more like a woman (I get my features from my paternal side). Turns out that my more "masculine" features are even more highlighted when my face isn't so rounded and my shoulders are more defined.

As for hoping my breasts get smaller- I was just measured at 40 DD which is one band size smaller than at my largest, but the cup size is still all there. Bra shopping will more than likely remain at Avenue and Lane Bryant seasonal sales. These babies are my sole "oh, wait, that's a woman" feature and I know my husband would be lost without them.